Can you have lesions on your pancreas and liver and it nor be cancer?
My father-in law has been admitted into hospital this week and we are all very worried and have not had any answers.  Lesions showed up on his liver and after a CT scan they have found lesions on his pancreas also.  We have not been told what the possibilities are.  All we know is he has to have a biopsy.  Well, that sounds like they must be assuming its cancer.  Now when I look on the net and I search on "Pancreas Lesions", nothing else seems to come up but cencer related topics.  Does this mean that it can only be cancer? Thanks.
yes,you can have lesions and no cancer,,,,sounds like the docs are on the right path with the biopsys though,,,my stepmom believe it or not had a BIRTHMARK on her liver everyone was afraid it was cander,come to find out it was a darn birthmark!,,didnt know you could get them on organs,,but you can!!
Yes, I have 2 small lesions on my liver. The doc calls them hemangiomas.  They are like "strawberry marks" that some people have on their body.  I researched because I was freaking out when he called them lesions.  They are clusters of blood vessels.  My older sis has some too.  They usually don't do anything with them unless they are causing problems, like bleeding.  Google hemangioma and you will find lots of info.  Hope this helps.