Gastroenterology Community
Cannot digest any type of lettuce

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Cannot digest any type of lettuce

Everytime I eat lettuce (any type: i.e. iceburg, romaine, bib) I get an extreme urge to go to the bathroom about an hour later. Then, when I go to the bathroom (not to be gross) it's just chewed up lettuce (no poop). This happens to me with carrots too, but I eat lettuce more often. I do get stomach pain a lot; but, I think it may be just gas. Also, I couldn't say if the pain was on one side or the other, it's just beneath my rib cage. Sometimes, I get really horrible pain there that is so bad I cannot practically function (it goes into my back too when its really bad). That only happens every few months and I assume it is gas. I have diarrhea a lot, like almost everytime I go to the bathroom.
I saw the doc and he said it was stress. But, I really have no had much to stress about lately and it's still happening. I eat healthy and excersice with a trainer 5 days a week. I am in my late thirties and I'm pretty healthy overall. I do not smoke or do drugs and I drink ( only red wine) occasionally. I do have acid reflux sometimes too. What could this be? Should I just stop eating lettuce? I do not want to have to do that. Thank you.
If all lettuce goes through, there's no point to eat it now. What is the color of the stool, when you have diarrhea? Would you say you get diarrhea more after fatty meals?

If you feel bloated and have heartburn, the first test is breath test for H. pylori, which causes gastritis.
probably parasites, go to youtub and check out the halda clark zapper should do wonders. hope you still dont have this problem since it has been so long