Causes for high histamine levels
I'm 35 female. I've had pruritis off and on for several years. My shins become exremely aggrivated by heat. I've also been treated for chronic rhinitis and sinitis for 7 years. About 4 years ago I had an upper endoscopy and was diagnosed with esphogitis and gastritis. Also taking Bentyl for IBS. In that same year I started experiencing pain in my chest which a Holter monitor showed tachycardia. Approx 4 months ago I got a rash on my cheek and one on the lower left side of my belly.They are extremely itchy. Also having intermittent flu like symptoms (bone & muscle pain)but no fever, brain fog,extreme fatigue and chronic headaches and Dermographism.After much research and being told I'm too young to have all these problems I asked my new Dermotolgist about Mastocytosis. Did a biopsy of rash on belly.Still waiting for results. He said it may or may not be Mastocytosis but I definitely have too much histamine. I'm up to 4-10mg of Atarax a day so I can function again. Still having flares on 3 so we'll add a pill a week until we find the right dosage. So my question is what else could cause too much histamine and all those problems. I'd like to take something else back to the doc since they seem to be at a loss if not Mastocytosis.
You may want to check and see if there is any form of celiac disease in your family. Many of the symptoms you're describing could be attributed to that.
Histamine is a neurotransmitter that signifies your body to drink water, and triggers the inflammatory response.  Histamine increases the permeability of the capillaries to white blood cells and some proteins, to allow them to engage pathogens in the infected tissues.   You may drink more water.  Maybe you eat untolerable food too often, such as wheat, milk, or others but you don't know about it.  You may not sleep well to allow  production of more serotonin which antagonise histamine.