Gastroenterology Community
Chest pain while eating

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Chest pain while eating

Every time I eat, after a few bites I get extreme pain in my chest and it feels as if my food is stuck there. I cannot drink or eat anything for a short while. It can make me gag. It happens at every meal. After the origanal pain, if I eat very sllowly, drinking plenty of water, I can finish my meal.
i believe i have the same problem! i went to urgent care today and am getting referred to a gasteroenterologist. he gave me some carafate to take until then (im puttin my pills in water so that they can break up and hopefully coat the bottom of my throat). your better off than me I havent been able to finish a meal since friday! it just feels like a bubble is stuck there at the bottom of my esophugus and HURTS and almost burns a little. let me know if you find anything ill do the same