Gastroenterology Community
Chills, Fatigue, No Fever after GB removal
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chills, Fatigue, No Fever after GB removal

I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and after about a week I was feeling pretty good. I went for daily walks and tried to be somewhat active without overdoing it. However this past week, I have had increasing fatigue. I feel very heavy, tired and nap at least once or twice a day now. I also have chills that come and go but temperature is very normal. Last night I even woke up sweating twice, still no fever. My surgeon said it seemed like I just overdid it the first week after surgery and this is my body's way of saying slow down but I feel it is more. I asked her if we should do a blood test to check all my levels and she said she didn't see any reason for it. She said to just rest and relax and the fatigue will fade as my body is healing.
At first, it sounded reasonable enough, but now I am not so sure. Any advice or comments?
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Fatigue is a vague symptom and could be associated with a number of causes including psychological stress, anaemia, nutrient deficiencies, infections, inflammations, hormonal causes or any systemic issue. Since there are no additional symptoms such as fever etc. I would suggest going with your doctor advice for the time being. If there is no improvement over the next few weeks, I would suggest a detailed evaluation by your treating doctor to consider other possibilities. After a specific cause is identified, a management plan can be initiated accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979