Gastroenterology Community
Christopher R Watters, MD

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Christopher R Watters, MD

I'm not sure if the thread is full, but it isn't letting me reply in my old thread. I just wanted to post my response to the discussion in this thread(http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Gallbladder/Christopher-R-Watters--MD/show/1863693) in hopes it would be answered. Thanks.

I posted:

Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it. But that's where my situation becomes very complicated. There was actually never any suspicion that my gallbladder was the problem during the course of any of these tests. I actually asked for the upper right quadrant ultrasound and it was ordered reluctantly. Same thing with the first HIDA, I asked for it and again it was reluctantly ordered for me. The first HIDA scan showed an abnormality and the doctors don't really know what to do with it because in their minds they don't seem to want to believe it really could be my gallbladder and also that 2nd HIDA scan was normal. They just pretty much try to explain why it doesn't make sense or come up with reasons why it wasn't accurate. Everyone involved is just very skeptical and won't look outside of the box. I understand the vast majority of people with gallbladder problems have right side pain and stones, and it becomes hard to see it may be gallbladder related without pain or evidence of stones. Again, my symptoms are a very intense heavy, fullness/bloating in my mid abdominal area after eating, that persists and increases throughout the day, which I believe are directly related to a rapid 20 lb weight loss(eating very low fat) that occurred directly before I started noticing my symptoms. I understand most doctor's first thought wouldn't be gallbladder related based on my rather vague and common sounding symptoms. And I get that I have a lot of things working against me, on paper I appear healthy, and I am a 23 year old who is now at a healthy weight. But the way they act like it is nearly impossible confuses me.

This discussion is related to Christopher R Watters, MD.