Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Cough with no Medical Explanation
More than 30 years ago, I began coughing, and the cough did not stop.  Over the years, I have seen more than two dozen doctors and have done extensive testing for sinus, ear\, nose and throat and acid reflux.  About 15 years ago, I had an acid reflux test but the results were not conclusive.  Recently, I had an endoscopy and showed no signs of reflux.  I have been checked out thoroughly without any sign of a medical problem.  Still, I cough.  I have been looking into food and find that all foods cause the cough, but some foods are worse than others.  Actually, I would fare better on an all liquid diet.  Even though I am taking the maximum dosage for reflux and am very careful about what I eat, the cough persists, although it is better since I have been monitoring foods.  I have been  looking but can find no support group for this problem.  Does anybody out there have a similar problem?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have developed a chronic cough, sore throat, very hoarse voice and shortness of breath.  Nothing to explain it. I also have severe Acid Reflux.  Just found this book I am currently reading.  It's called "The Chronic Cough Enigma".   I'm very encouraged by what I have read so far.  I think you might find it very helpful too.  Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank