Gastroenterology Community
Chronic Diarrhea, Piercing Stomach Pains, but Drinking Alkaline Water.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Diarrhea, Piercing Stomach Pains, but Drinking Alkaline Water.

I've been suffering from chronic diarrhea for about 2 and half months now (since mid-July).  I go to the washroom anywhere between 3 and 8 times a day.  Although I have good days (where I only go 2 or 3 times), I also have days where it seems I am going every hour and have major bloating and gas.

I have a history of IBS, however my symptoms disappeared for about 5 months (Feb - July 2010).  During this time, I started taking Isagenix and drinking Kangen Water.

I went on a trip to Newfoundland for 2 weeks at the beginning of July (during which time I was NOT drinking alkaline water) and when I came back I began to have constant diarrhea.  Initially, I assumed this was due to the water - perhaps a shock to the body since I had not drank the water for 2 weeks and was detoxing due to suddenly consuming 9.0 pH water.  However, my symptoms did not go away.

Two weeks ago, I started taking Miracle Mineral Solution (28% sodium chlorite) to clean out my system.  I was feeling good until I increased the dosage to 7 drops (this was one week ago).  On that day, I had MAJOR ABDOMINAL cramping for the whole day.  The next day I felt fine again, although I did notice that my appetite decreased.

5 days passed and the pain returned and has not gone away since.  Every time I eat or drink anything I have piercing pains in the pit of my stomach and have bad diarrhea.  I have already lost 4 lbs in a matter of a few days!  

My stomach feels better as long as I eat VERY simple foods or don't eat at all.

I was wondering what is causing this and more specifically if drinking alkaline water (8.5 - 9.5 pH) is actually harming me rather than helping me.

Please advise.