Gastroenterology Community
Chronic Nausea and Severe Weight Loss
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Nausea and Severe Weight Loss

I have been nauseous and suffering horrible anxiety for over 2 months, but over the last week or so I have been too nauseous to eat. I am 5'11'' and several weeks ago when I last weighed myself, I was 145lbs, and today, I weigh 134lbs after a week of terrible nausea. I've always been slightly underweight, but I am worried that it will worsen.
I've lost 10 pounds in 1 week and my doctor will only prescribe me antidepressants which I seriously don't need. I have been in and out of the E.R about 5 times this month for an IV, and only then do I feel better temporarily. The doctors suggest I go to my primary care physician, but he really isn't any help (he prescribed me Sertraline). My anxiety is primarily due to my sickness that has been prolonged. I've had several bloodtests and they all seem to come out normal.  
I am hungry, very hungry, but waves of nausea just overtake and I cannot eat anything. Please help me, what should I do?