Gastroenterology Community
Chronic Nausea for 2 Years at 16

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Chronic Nausea for 2 Years at 16

Hi, I'm 16 years old and I suffer from chronic nausea. It started almost 2 years ago and in the beginning it wasn't that bad. However, during the fall I had a sudden relapse and the pain and nausea were so bad that it took sleeping pills, pepto and even some nights left over Vicodin or valium from some old surgeries just to fall asleep. At this point I've relapsed for a fourth time, been to the doctors three times, and had fecal, urine and blood tests run to try and discover the cause. So far they’ve ruled out ulcers, over production of acid, anxiety, tapeworms and so many other common ailments that I can’t even think of. However, despite their failed efforts to find a cause, they refuse to give me any real medicine to fight the daily pain and now I've given up. The pain has officially caused me to miss school now and I’m relying on my ever waning supply of valium and Dramamine to fall asleep. I've gone through at least 200 capsules of pepto bismol in the last 6 months and lost over 15 pounds. As I write I am miserable from the pain and discomfort. I’m tired of crying myself to sleep at night because I can't make this stop. If anyone could help me, I would be eternally grateful. I just want to be able to eat food again……