Chronic Nausea
About 3 months ago I started having diarrhea and was diagnosed with amoebiasis. I took a course of antibiotics (Normet) during which I felt fine. After the last day of my course I went out drinking and eating with my friends. A couple of days later I would wake up in the morning with severe nausea, uneasiness, shakiness and chills. It would last for a few hours and then go away by the second half of the day as though there was nothing wrong at all. My condition worsened each day -- nausea, shaking/chills, retching, etc in the morning for a few hours then nothing at all for the rest of the day.

I finally went to a gastroenterologist who informed me that Normet + alcohol was a very bad idea but put me on another course of antibiotics (Taximo this time) during which I also felt relatively comfortable in the mornings. After my second course of antibiotics was finished I was fine for a couple of days until the same symptoms started again. We did an endoscopy and found nothing significant -- some mild gastritis, no H pylori.

It's been about a month and a half now since the endoscopy and I've had spells when I'm fine in the mornings, but there are days when I'm really bad. I wake up and am too sick to get out of bed. My doctor explained that what I've got is GERD but could not explain one phenomenon: every time I am to be sick, I also have severe chills. The chills are always a precursor to some nasty nausea and retching. Please note, I have only vomited twice since my symptoms began, but there is severe debilitating nausea nonetheless -- which my doctor explained was acid reflux.

Tests done:
Blood, urine, stool: normal
Upper GI endoscopy + biopsy: mild gastritis, no H pylori

Usually when I'm feeling sick, I just lie down with my head propped up and doze off. The sleep sometimes does away with the sickness. I have made necessary changes to my lifestyle to accommodate for a GERD like condition -- no spicy foods, no drinking, no smoking, no oily foods, sleeping after 2-3 hours of eating etc but it doesn't seem to have much effect. I am, as of now, taking an antacid half an hour before dinner as instructed by my doctor to mitigate my conditions in the morning but that also seems to make little difference. I am writing to you in the hopes that you might have a different perspective. There is definitely some correlation between my shaking/chills and nausea, something that he cannot explain. I also think it might have something to do with lack of sleep? I sleep about 7-8 hours a day but I'm relatively okay on days when I sleep longer and wake up without the assistance of an alarm. Please help, been sick for 3 months and this is seriously causing a dent in my life.

P.S. 28 year old male. India.
Hello,  I went threw the exact same thing and symptoms that you have been....after going to doctor to doctor, I decided to put myself on a gluten free diet.  and within 5 days i started to feel better, the nausea started to go away and my pain in my stomach did as well. my chills are not as bad either anymore.  i have been gluten free since april good luck to you and God bless