Gastroenterology Community
Chronic Salmonella

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Chronic Salmonella

Ok, been having alot of stomach issues for the past month and half. Feels like there is acid coming out of me when I go to the bathroom. Lots of pain in the stomach region and in my left side underneath my rib. Went and had blood work colonoscopy, endo. Well today went to the dr and he said stool sample came back with Chronic Salmonella and my colonoscpy showed inflammed stomach and some acid reflux. I was put on 1000mg Zithromax for one day and the 500 milligrams for 6 days. Has anyone had anything like this and does it usually clear up. I have been in so much pain and depressed for over a month I honestly thought I was going nuts. Any input from anyone would sure be appreciate.
It's a shame you had to suffer while your doctor passed up the obvious to look for something more serious.  But at least like the previous poster said, you got a lot of tests done to reassure you on your overall health.  You should see improvement rather quickly.  I'm happy you finally got an answer.  Take care and I hope you start to feel better real soon.
A friend of mine had it for almost 3 weeks. They couldnt find out what was wrong, finally test revealed salmonella, they put him on Cipro for a week or so, and he was back to normal in no time. ***** you went through so much before they found it, but at least you had alot of preventative test done along the way!