Chronic epigastric pain(almost 9 years)
I have had chronic epigastric pain for almost 9 years. Have had ct scan, endoscope, colonoscopy and cbc, all O.K. Since March of this year the pain has become almost unbearable. Gastro still thinks its IBS but nothing has helped but lying down on my right side. He won't do anything else for me. I have brought up the SOD but he says he doesn't think so. It hurts worse when sitting up or walking around a lot. I feel horrible but no one doctor cares to figure this out. I believe its SOD what should I do?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Do you have any changes in your bowel movements?  Have you ever had any gallbladder problems?
I had my gallbladder removed in 2003. I have been diagnosed with IBS and G.E.R.D. and been on all kinds of medicine for both. So I guess my answer to both questions is yes.
What changes do you have in your bowel movements?
I have that part under control with probiotics(Colon Health brand), more than it has ever been before. This is why I do not believe IBS my pain is caused by my IBS. I go every day, every morning to be exact and when I don't take them....I know, They have helped me with my IBS symptoms. However, I STILL have the chronic bad pains in my epigastric area. EVERYDAY, most of the day, seven days a week, going on 9 years. It relates back to my gallbladder removal. I had a chronic attack about 2 months after the removal that sent me to hospital and they( the doctors) never found out what was wrong. I was off work for nearly 2 months and could hardly get out of bed. Every since that time I have had this pain in the epigastric region and right-sided chronic pain from my neck to my hip. I'm so tired of all of it.  
I would recommend talking to your doctor about doing a HIDA scan.
On my epigastric area? I thought about S.O.D. I have so many of the symptoms and the time frame of when it started was shortly after my gallbladder being removed. Its hard to breath sometimes because my stomach feels like it is up in my chest but gastro says no hernia and I feel light-headed. I have pain in my neck muscles that run along the sides and under my ears that seem to accompany the epi pain often and seems to be contributing to light-headedness. I do have a herniated disc in my neck but the two different pains(epi and light-headedness) seem to have something to do with each other at times.  
That definitely wouldn't be the normal place to get pain with SOD, but it's still possible.