Gastroenterology Community
Chronic pancreatits

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Chronic pancreatits

I am looking to contact other people living with chronic pancreatitis.  I am always trying to find new and better ways of improving the quality of my life with the least amount of medical/pharmaceutical intervention.  Is there anyone else who has this and can share what they do to cope with this (at times) very debilitating chronic problem?
well,i have a friend who is not doing too well do to chronic pancreatitis,,so ill share what i know about how he deals with it.
1.get on the most digestive enzyes you can get on to allow the pancreas to rest as much as possible.
2.have any calcified areas removed,there dead anyway,and will continue to cause pain and possible infection.
3.find a good doc that is not afraid to prescribe the best pain meds available to you!!!
pain managment in key!!!
4.get with a neutricianist if possible and find out what you can and cannot eat.
5.avoid all stressfull siutations and practice calming/relaxing technics.
6.live life to the fullest as you have to understand this illness is a progressive disease and will eventualy take you from the ones you luv,so dont let anything stand in your way and ake amends with friends and family you might not talk with anymore,one your gone,you wont be able to.
good luck and gods speed!!