Chronic rotten egg/sulfur burps.
I am a 25 year old female and my only illness asides from these rotten egg/sulfur burps is Asthma -- since an infant. I have suffered with these burps for years of my life, and sometimes I can go years symptom free. When I was a little girl I'd get an isolated episode, projectile vomit until the veins in my face broke, and then was ok for a good year or so. The burps then started up again last October and were chronic and occurred 3-5 times a week. They stopped in Feb, and then began again in April. I have never had them last or be a problem for so long at a time.

These burps ruin my life. Asides from the disgusting taste -- I have to spend 12 hours in bed or else I vomit. I notice around hour 6-8 of the burps I get severe gas pains, bloating, and I cry it is so painful. By hours 10-12 they are gone and don't come back for about another day or two, then reoccur. In the meantime I take 10 mg of OTC pepcid 2X daily to try to prevent them and the heartburn that they come with.

My bowel habits change when the burps are back, and I get extremely constipated. Not to be gross but my bowels are often floating and fowl smelling like the sulfur I burped the day before. Food does not want to digest and I burp up the taste of food eaten over 8-10 hours after a meal. I have lost a large amount of weight as well due to not being able to eat. I had a baby in 2006 a year prior to them starting and I went from 185 after delivery to 145, mainly because of these sulfur burps.

I don't know if this condition is psychosomatic with people around. My husband claims he had a bout of them, as did my mother. I think for them because it was isolated it was in their heads more or less than a real issue. They have to continually see me suffer with the condition.

I quit eating chicken thinking that it was a problem with food. I quit eating wheat. I quit eating raw fruits and vegetables because they are known to be harder to digest. I have tried digestive enzymes, and special yogurts to promote digestion. I about about to try grapefruit seed extract. I am very tired of this condition. I have researched it to no ends on the internet and have found no answer. I am terrified I will starve to death because I can never eat. I have to spend half the week curled in bed with stomach pains while trying to nurse and care for my toddler. It is depressing beyond all means. From reading others around the internet world I know this is a viable problem and is not a simple "stomach virus".

Does anyone have some answers for what this could be, possible medications to treat it, and prognosis?

Thank you!
    I had sulpher burps that made me want to throw up each time I burped.  Also severe diarrhea.  Exhaustion and general weakness at times. Was diagnosed with Giardia.
   Doctor gave me a antibiotic regiment to follow (follow it ALL the way to the last pill).  Have not had any symptoms or the condition since. That was 12 years ago.
I took accutane for my acne over a period of 3 years and ever since i stopped taking the medication i have has gastrointestinal problems and have now been diagnosed with fructose malabsorption,IBS and i am constantly anemic. I definitely think there is a link.
I had eggy burps for a long time and went to a gastroenterologist, BILE IS THE CAUSE. many people get bile reflux and it tastes of suplhur/egg. I take a sachet of medicine called questran now whenever I get these burps and in five minutes I am fine. ( I am in Ireland so I don't know what this medicine is called in other places). Please don't waste you time and money like I did on other "cures" or thinking about other causes because excess bile is the cause. Hope this helps someone :)
I used to have them when I was young everytime I ate boiled eggs. So I stopped eating boiled eggs and never had them since. I eat fried and sometimes scrambled eggs and don't experience in any burbs related to the eggs whatsoever.
The sulfuric smell is from the yolk and it usually come about because you are consuming the yolk of the egg while it's still Intact, whether runny or well cooked. But once mixed in with the egg white, it's somewhat diluted and does not have the same effect.
Hope that helps.
My 2 year old son has been having bouts of these burps, gas, horrible stomach pains, and vomitting at night time.  It has happened six times in the past 2 1/2 months.  I dont know what to do, the dr.'s are telling me its reflux and I know it is not.  Any suggestions?
There is hope.  Try Now Foods:  Pancreatin and Digest Platinum; for kids try: Dairy Digest Complete;  these are digestive enzymes that help break down our food. Supplementing these enzymes has made a world of difference. Normally our body makes these enzymes, it appears because of diet our bodies aren't able to keep up production and suffering sets in. Best value I've found is www.iherb.com, use coupon hic791 to save $5. I use these everyday, it's the best alternatives I've found that works with the body and not against it like antacids and is required for me to stop the pain.

Also, consider and try the process outlined in The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse by Andreas Moritz. This process has proved valuable in helping with these digestive issues.
Best wishes
Correction for Children try: Now Foods, ChewyZymes.
Hello, and first of all, i'm so sorry to hear of everyone's troubles.  After reading extensively and thoroughly all of these posts.  it breaks my heart to hear of so much suffering.

but i too am having these problems. mine have been going on for 3 years now.  drs are stumped or think i'm crazy.  it seems that mine are quite severe when it happens and forcing myself to empty my stomach is a good way to reduce the severeness or stop it.  

in reading this, i think this problem can be caused by many different things.  mine seems to become worse with periods of stress or extreme anxiety, but not always.

i found a drs website on small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.  this is the website:

http://www.siboinfo.com/index.html

there is no mention of the sulfer tasting burps, but the way she describes this issue, seems to coincide with what happens to me.  *crossing my fingers*

any of you, please please please feel free to message me so we can narrow this down and maybe help each other as i am nearing the end of my search and feel like i'm losing hope.  i feel so sad for all of you and myself.
I am a 36 year old female and have suffered with this condition for the last 5 years now...i thought it might be a reaction to certain foods...but could never pinpoint anything?...recently my 13 year old son has been getting them as well?...Of all the things Ive tried I have got some relief using pepto bismol....I also suffered from gallbladder pain for years before it was recognized..I cant pinpoint it but I think the burps started shortly after I had my gallbladder removed....and as mentioned above I too was on accutane as a teen for one year at age 17?!!!!!
hi all

i used to suffer with egg burps when i was a child on and off for years i tried everything and nothing got rid of it, now im 29 and had not had it for years and years untill last week... my daughter who is one had a slight stomach upset for a few days but i put it down to her teething upseting her stomach, but then few days later i had egg burps in the night and then had the runs same yellowy colour as my daughter so i put it down to a stomach bug... now this morning had really bad burps and still have them now, hence why i researching it but the only thing i have also noticed is i had lots of toffee popcorn the other week and i had not had popcorn for years so i over indulged a bit then last night had massive bag of toffee porcorn (which i shared with husband) interestingly my husband also woke up with extreemly smelly flatulance. maybe a coincidence or maybe not. but on the flip side when i was younger and suffered with these burps (not good in maths class) i also used to eat quite a lot of popcorn but on another flipside i had thread worm as a child at least 6 times, after a while i got sick of taking the horid raspberry flavour "milkshake" medicine which just flushed you out, in the end i decide the only way to get rid of it was to not eat which kinda worked. thanks to this site i have just remembered a part of my teenage life that i had forgotten (starve not to be thin but to beat the burps) so all of you out there try avoid popcorn, starve all day (like i have today im well hungry) some other tips for you are... take gripe water its a baby colic remedy, try dentinox another baby colic remedy, also take imodium instants even if no diorreah present something in it seems to help. i hope all of you find your own remedy i know how horrible the burps can be, p.s have you ever noticed that when you first walk into the cinema ( pictures) at first the smell of popcorn smells of sulphur!!??
My daughter at the age of 5 suffered from the same conditions. After seeing medical specialists all over New York State, and tons of testing they found out that is was severe constipation. My daughter was telling me she was going poop, but she really wasn't. She was afraid of going to the bathroom in school and would "hold it".  The problem was solved easily. The doctors told me to buy colace. An over the counter pill safe for children. It's taken orally, and It makes nice fluffy poop and they can't hold. Hope this helps. It solved our problem.
I have the same problem right at this moment. I cannot sleep, I don't throw up. I have had my gallbladder removed years ago. I also have Gord. The doctor gave me a course of antibiotics to get rid of the bacteria it worked for a while. Today I ate bread which was full of seeds and grain this feels like it is still sitting heavily in my gut. My room reeks from the expelled gas that is causes me to have a headache gross I know. If I can stomach it I usually have a warm cup o soup that seems to lessen the symptoms so I can sleep. Mind you it could just be I want it to work! It is also hard to make other people understand how you feel, so sick ,tired, depressed I ask my friends and family but they don't or never have had these symptoms so I thought it was just me. But now I have found this site I know I am not alone.
My 12 year old son is suffering horribly from the exact same thing, the rotten egg sulphur burps and also gets the cramping. He has developed extreme anxiety from this. He is in fear every day of getting these. We have had him to doctors and a pediatric gastrointestinologist have had no relief. Is there ANY ANY ANY suggestion at all to treat these or prevent them? Anything that has worked for anyone here?
Foods that contain sulfur include poultry, red meats, dairy products (specially milk),vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, watercress, yams, cabbage, onions, pack choi, mustard, parsley, onions, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, tomatoes), legumes( peas, beans, soy, lentils, jicama, carob, alfalfa), avocadoes, bananas, watermelon, grain, nuts, seeds, tea and coffee, amino acids, whey proteins, Vitamins B1 and H. Certain medication may also contain sulfur.

Medical reasons: The most serious and common cause are Helicobacter Pylori or Giardia. Helicobacter Pylori is a bacterium that causes chronic gastritis, gastric ulcers, abdominal bloating, burping and heartburn. This can be diagnosed by a urea breath test and treated with antibiotics. Giardia is a one cell parasite that causes bloating, diarrhea, and foul smelling burps. Poor hygiene, unclean water sources and oral-fecal transmissions are ways these infections can enter the body. Sulfur burps could be a symptom of either infection.
Food reasons: The foods listed above all contain sulfur. This is also true for high protein diets. Acidity builds up when the stomach takes longer to process and expel a high protein meal. A chemical reaction occurs which creates hydrogen sulfide. This is also the reason why the body may feel bloated. The burps disappear once the hydrogen sulfide and protein is expelled.
Prescription Medication: These may also cause sulfur burps. The prescription label will list the ingredients. If any contain sulfur you will have found the reason behind the sulfur smell of your burps.
Other diseases: These include SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). This is when normal intestinal bacteria overgrows and causes burping, bloating, diarrhea or flatulence. SIBO may also be present in fructose malabsorption or lactose intolerance. In other diseases like Crohn's disease and celiac disease, food may not be digested completely and can be broken down by sulfur reducing bacteria that result in the production of hydrogen sulfide.
If you suffer from both sulfur burps and gas you may have a gallbladder or small intestinal problem. In this case, an endoscopy can be carried out to determine the cause. However, an endoscopy is not known to aggravate the condition.

I  personally believe that animal protiens and dairy are the biggest culprits here. It is much harder for the human body  to digest protiens from another species! Since I have cut animal products from my diet I have not suffered from those terrible burps for over a year now!
Sorry to say, gallstones...not the answer.  I had my gall bladder out over 10 years ago and I suffer from this debilitating condition on a regular basis.  I've been to doctors, none of which know what to do.  It's so frustrating when you start the first sulfur burp and you know what's coming for the next 10-12 hours.  The only thing that I have found that seems to help shorten the time the misery will last is to sit up straight as soon as the first burp occurs.  Do not lay down, even though it's the only thing you want to do.  It seems that staying in an upright position sometimes can stave off the vomiting.  I prop myself up in bed with pillows all around me so I can't lean over when I fall asleep.  I also get a very hard stomach.  It feels rock hard as the time progresses and it causes a lot of pain.  I have started doing bends and twists of my abdominal area while I sit on the edge of the bed.  I feel like it makes my abdomen start functioning again, because when I get it, it feels like my whole digestive system has shut down.   Hope this helps somebody out there.
I have had the same issues since I was 17. I'm now 29. They used to happen maybe 2x a yr and now I've had at least 3 so far this year. The last episode was Monday night through Tues. I've had 2 upper endoscopies and the drs have "ruled out" hpylori. I've had a hida scan and my gall bladder is fine. Now they are checking to see if I have celiac disease...this is so frustrating. When the episodes occur it really takes over my life :(
Just a random thought...are any of you blood type b?
I have the same thing. I have learned that at the very first sign, either a burp or a feeling of bloating...I immediately go and take Milk of Magnesia and I am able to fully ward off a full blown attack.  

Fatty foods rich in sugar are usually the cause.  Sometimes eggs.  You should keep a record of what you eat when you feel this coming on.  I use to have to make myself throw up to feel better but do not have to any more.

Just take the milk of magnesia the minute you feel it coming on and you should be fine.  It has worked for me for years.

God bless. I hope this helps.
i will second jennifer's recommendation. i used baking soda during my last attack (at the advice of a friend with the same condition) and it too warded off the full blown attack. i can't say for sure that this will always work or that it will work for everyone, but i have had this condition for over 15 years and i have never managed to abort an attack without vomiting like i did earlier this month.

i am assuming that both baking soda and milk of magnesia have the same mechanism of action since both are alkaline and serve to neutralize stomach acid.

i'm not sure what the best dosage is, but i used a heaping tablespoon of baking soda, fully dissolved in a small glass of water. (note that this is a good bit more than the dose recommended on the box of baking soda; a smaller dose might be adequate.) my condition improved drastically over the next 30 minutes. i could literally feel the bloating subside in waves of relief. after a couple hours i felt fine and was even able to start eating/drinking again (something i usually have to wait 12 hours to do).

when i think about all the misery i've experienced due to these attacks over the last 15 years, it's hard to believe it could have all been avoided with a $0.99 box of baking soda. needless to say, i will be carrying baking soda with me wherever i go from now on (the only caveat there being that a ziplock bag of baking soda looks an awful lot like a ziplock bag of something else, but i digress ...)
********* POSSIBLE SOLUTION *********

see the two posts above for a potential solution.

just wanted to flag them to make stand out a bit more.

-emory :)
My daughter - now 10 - has been experiencing this for about 5 years.  Same thing, off and on.  We've been monitoring her diet and know for sure that fatty meats and hot dogs are one of the causes but sometimes it's random.  This forum has helped with other possibilities.  We started down the GI/Nutritionist route last year but then it seemed to go away.  It's back again this year and we've started down the route again.  Thank you for all of your suggestions (testing, etc.) it has helped me build a list of possibilities to discuss with her doc and hopefully rule out some things.
Hello All,
I had never heard of these egg burps until my 10 year old daughter started experiencing them two years ago. I started googling and her experience seems to mirror that of most people posting on the internet. She has these foul sulphur burps, that are like farting from the mouth, which proceeds to stomach cramps and diarrhea, and ends with violent vomiting. The read somewhere that Alka Seltzer works so decided to give it a try. It definitely makes a difference but it has warnings on it for young children, particularly kids with ashma. It is similar to taking bi carb soda and the effect is immediate. We have managed to avoid the stomach cramps and vomiting which is fantastic, but still had some diarrhea, but it was manageable.
I hope this helps. I too was desperate for some sort of solution and I would have to say that Alka Seltzer works for us.  
My experiences with these "egg burps" began a long time ago, but they didn't happen very often. When my middle daughter came home one day she had thrown up at school and was suffering from this. It happened exactly a week later and then stopped for about a year. When she got into fifth grade she started becoming stressed from lots of different things and she got them just about every weekend. For a long time we thought it was stress related because I started getting them a lot more often when we were moving and my youngest daughter starting getting them occasionally, but maybe every few months. We thought our problems had ended when we moved, because for all we knew it could have been our very old house. When we got here we started out okay but the problems happened again, especially to me and my middle child. My husband has never gotten them so we pondered the idea that it could be genetic but reading all this we aren't sure at all anymore. It seems to happen randomly for my youngest, and randomly for me... but my middle child always gets it right after or before an extremely stressful situation and since she's in high school it is bound to happen even more often. She can deal with  stress, but this sickness often comes with it. All three of us miss a lot of school and work days and it constantly plagues us. The symptoms we get most often are: egg burps, diarrhea (terrible), headaches, bloated, heat flashes, and very rarely throw up anymore. It never seems to go away completely and it keeps  my daughters up at night. It's very energy draining though we don't usually drop in weight. Please, if anyone gets any information or have any new tips that aren't in any of the already existing discussions we would all appreciate it since we don't know any other family with this issue. Thank you.
I am reading this during one of these "sulfur" episodes.  And thought I'd share my input.  I am 29 years old had have been dealing with stomach issues since I could eat solid foods.  I would be sick (vomiting/diarrhea) 3-4x a week.  As I got older there were less and less foods that I could handle and digest safely.  While pregnant with my daughter in 06-07 I was put on a strict diet as my blood sugar was too high.  But still had my episodes during that time.
Last year it got so bad that I could only eat 3 foods: plain rice, plain potatoes and ramen.  Then, a little over a month ago my husband had to leave the state for work.  These were the worst two weeks of my life.  Any thing that I ate would come back up within 10 minutes of consuming food.
I have been to the er more times than I can remember for this issue (in the last 5 months I've been there 20 times) and they couldn't figure anything out.  Had a colonoscopy with an upper and lover gi.  Nothing.
Then, my ex's mother (who works in the gi field) recommended yet another specialist.  She was able to figure out that I have horrible anxiety attacks, which will cause the gut to completely shut down.  She prescribed me a medication that has a pain reliever/muscle relaxer for the intestines and colon with anxiety med.  I could finally eat again!
Until I had red meat.  My sulfur episodes will last up to 24 hours.  The first burp I am in the bathroom, making myself sick.  I know that mu stomach and colon are empty, but the taste, smell and doubled over pain is still there.  Pepto does not work.  I have tried 2 liters of water in one sitting and nothing.
I have another apt with the specialist in the morning, and will ask her what to do and post her answer here, as I now know I am not the only one suffering from this issue.        
Have you ever been tested for gastroparesis.   I have the same symptoms and was diagnosed with gastroparesis by a gastric emtying study....I have reflux, nausea, heartbburn, gerd, rotten egg burps.  No vomiting just extreme basses, abdominal pain, distended abdomin...feeling of fullness after eating small amont of food...talk to your gp or gastroenterologist.  Hope this helps.
Maurene
I have had this problem a few times over the past year or so. I usually take a large dose (5 or 6 big pills) of activated charcoal (get it at a natural food store or health store like GNC) as soon as the burps start, and it seems to get things back in order fairly quickly.

I have read posts from others about antacids sometimes working slowly and anti-histamines sometimes working, and I have a theory of what is happening and why charcoal works. I think what is happening is that some contaminant (possibly different contaminants in different individuals) is producing an auto-immune response in the stomach causing the pyloric valve to stay closed, trapping all the food in your stomach. The trapped food rots, becomes noxious, and produces toxins that eventually cause vomiting. In the normal course of the condition one would have to vomit until the original contaminants are removed so that the pyloric valve begins to function again. The charcoal works by acting as a filter in the stomach, absorbing both the toxins and the contaminants, thus allowing the pyloric valve to resume normal functions without the need to vomit. As soon as the valve begins functioning again the noxious burps end because the source has left the stomach. The diarrhea will still come because by the time the burps begin to smell the contents of the stomach are of no use to the rest of the GI tract and are passed through too quickly for the water to be reabsorbed in the colon. However, if you catch and treat the stomach problem early the intensity and duration of the diarrhea can also be reduced.

CAUTION: Activated charcoal should be used only as a remedy, not as a regimen. Prolonged use may cause malnutrition due to its absorbency robbing the body of nutrients from your food.

I am posting this here because I am curious as to whether this will work across the board or if it is just coincidental that it seems to work for me. If it only works for me than my theory is probably incorrect. Please post a reply if you try this and let me know if it works for you.
So very glad to see that I am not alone! I've also had similar symptoms for years. I had my gallbladder removed and an ERCP with a stent put in. I would almost say that the symptoms got worse after the procedures.

I'm still searching for my cure or at least adequate relief. My doctor had mentioned pancreatitis but i am skeptical.

From reading your posts I am looking more into gastroparesis, yeast infections, Questran, pancreatic and digest platinum, baking soda, and activated charcoal. We shall see.

Think I'll make yet another appointment with the doctor too to discuss these potential options.

Blah, feeling yuck today for sure. I'll eat because I'm hungry but then wonder if it was a good idea as I feel worse afterwards. So hard to say no to food.
I got sulfur burps and bad diarrhea 2 yrs ago golden seal cleared it up within a few days. I have sulfur burps again and loose stools. I am going to try black seed oil if that does not do it I will get some golden seal,
I had this also 2 days ago I know how it feels this is what helped me pepidismol its in a pink bottle I drank 30mg it lines your tummy and stops u being sick I also took 2 Imodium so I didn't get dierrea I also found holding  your nose when u burp it doesn't make u so sick  also I only been able to suck on lemon sweets havnt been able to drink  I found drinking icy lemon fantasy worked for me I hope this help a little
I also have these burps, accompanied by stomach pain and sometimes diharia and sometimes just excessive farts resl stinky as well(worse than usual),I have been treated for H-pilori, c-diff, got better for a short time, but but comes back from time to time, usually worse with alchol consumption but not always.also no vomiting? Been having symptoms for around 20 yrs, around 8 yrs.ago I was admitted to the hospitol and diagnosed with pancreatites , I think it was a mis diagnosis and wondering now if its my gall bladder?
I am suffering this and I did take accutane. I was one of the very first to take the medication when it hit the market.
You seem to be the only one who has it right!  Gallbladder attack is definitely what it is. Having it right now. Hate that taste and smell!
I had my gallbladder removed so it can't be gallbladder attacks
I have the same issue. Since Thanks giving I have had this about every 2 weeks. They symptoms along with the burps are really bad diarrhea and stomach pain. Did you ever get a diagnosis in this? Frankly I'm a little scared to go to dr. I'm afraid of what it could be. I thought maybe I only picked up a parasite or something but I have had a round of antibiotics and it went away for two weeks and has returned..
Try a low sulphur diet.  Sometimes egg burps are caused by high sulphur and thiol (from methane).  This is called.poor sulphur oxidation.  You can do a self test by cutting out high sulphur foods then the next week eat high sulphur foods.  If you have a reaction you probably have poor sulphur oxidation.  If you do you need to see your doctor to see if it will be confirmed.  This probably one of many answers.  I know it has helped me.
My wife is Diabetic and when she eats some buters margarines and  some meats she suffers with the same problem dont know why sorry
I have this of I eat too much sugar and when I was pregnant, if I ate ANYTHING other than toast or wheatabix with no sugar.
The only way to fix it (in my experience) is to make myself vomit. The vomit is awful; like the taste and smell of the burps x10, but if I manage to empty my stomach I do find the disgusting burps,excess wind and bloating stops within in a day. I tend to drink only water and pepto bismal or gavascon that day and little to no food. It's probably not what a doctor would recommend and I would definitely NOT recommend you make yourself vomit on a regular basis.
Having them for the first time, I suspect parasites. Even if it's not,  the herbs to kill parasites are good for the digestive system anyway. I'll see... Feel free to email me, ***@****
Im not sure if this will help... i have had this some issue (sulfur burps, bloating, diarrhea, nausea) for years. I have had every test under the sun and doctors could explain it. Finally a doctor prescribed pantoprazole and i take it every morning at 5am then dont eat or drink for an hour.(normally i just go back to bed) then at 2pm i stop eating or drinking. At 3pm i take another pill and wait another hour before eating or drinking. This has worked for me but it is time sensitive. If i take my meds late or i consume something between 2pm and 4pm i get sick. This took a year or so of trial and errir to figure out the time frame.I also stay away from red meat, dark chocolate, and red wine. Those seem to be my triggers. Hope this helps. :)
I had this in gradeschool.  "Out of the blue" sulphur burps (that are almost foul to others) followed by horrific pain then days of projectile vomiting and diarrhoea.  Was eventually attributed to stress.  At 10 years old i was prescribed what i thought was a placebo, turns out it was a barbiturate (belladona?) the stomach issues eventually faded away.  15 years later ended up in the ER with stomach pain, they thought giardia, eventually vomited entire undigested lunch from 10 hours Previous.  Still no definitive answer, fearing it may be back and hoping to find possible answers.  Good luck all.  Glad for an internet to know i wasn't alone all those years.
Diet soda. E.g diet coke causes sulphur burps. Soon as I cut them out it goes. Hope this helps.
H Pylori infection? Ask doc to run the test.
I started having these same exact symptoms every 5-6 weeks starting in Nov 2013. Always started first minute I woke up in the morning. Started with a churning stomach, then when I got up to use the bathroom, I would burp and it would taste like like rotten eggs. Watery feeling in stomach would make me feel nauseated so I would make myself throw up. Pure watery diarrhea.  Awful. Lasted over a year. Went to the dr who acted like she didnt care too much, tried to tell her I thought it was Giardiasis, she said probanly not, that Giardiassis wasnt cyclable. I had read it was. She begrudgingly approved a stool test which I knew wasnt going to help because you have to have multiple stool tests to catch parasite. Test came back negative. Mid 2015 started noticing the sickness was getting further and further apart to where I thought it was gone. But this past summer, I statted having episodes again and since late January 2017, I started having the episodes once a week. Cant believe so many people have this same thing.
Do you have candidia overgrowth internal? I have had the burps on and off since childhood. For the candidia growth you have to be very dedicated and follow a certain diet that requires one to give up sugar, carbs, dairy, processed food, anything that turns to sugar and feeds it. I would talk to your Dr. and get tested. You said it started in October which spring and fall produces the humidity to support the growths. My burps are stinking as a result of the toxins being released when they die.I hope this helps and works for you. Peace be with you.
I'm probably late to the party but have you tried alka seltzer? I have had bouts of this off and on for about 7 years. I always thought it was eating meat too fast coupled with soft drink and my stomach would stop digesting it but then found out I am lactose intolerant and can't eat overcooked eggs because of the sulphur. I really think it is something to do with a food intolerance. Sometimes I cave though and eat something I am not supposed to (like tonight). Alka seltzer at least helps cut down the duration on the burps and helps get everything moving again. Hope that helps. Even just knowing that I am not a freak and other people are dealing with it too can help me cope.
I have also suffered with the sulfur burps as well but usually after eating fried chicken. I thought it was from poor sanitary conditions of restaurant kitchen but went to other places and still the same. Is it the grease maybe from the fryers causing it? It's odd because fried chicken is my favorite food and have eaten it my whole life it's just recently the burps have started.
I HOPE EVERYONE THAT HAS POSTED HERE READS THIS.  IT COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!

If you have foul smelling burps, abdominal cramps that can be severe, diarrhea, an oily substance that floats in the water after a bowel movement, or you pass the food you literally just ate, you may have a condition called EXOCRINE PACREATIC INSUFFICIENCY.  EPI is caused when your pancreas doesn't produce any or enough enzymes required once food leaves your stomach and enters the small intestines.  EPI is a serious medical condition that requires diagnosis and treatment, or it will slowly steal your health away.  

PLEASE go to WWW.IDENTIFYEPI.COM and take the symptom checker quiz.

ALSO, go to your doctor and INSIST on a FECAL FAT TEST.  (If your doctor has never heard of EPI, then find a new doctor!!!)  This may make you miserable and cause symptoms to flare up, but you need to eat a high fat diet for 2-3 days before you collect the stool sample for this test.  

If your test results indicate a high level of fat, you may have EPI.  ONLY A DOCTOR CAN DIAGNOSE THIS CONDITION.  

TREATMENT is very simple.  Your doctor will prescribe enzymes in pill form for you to take every time you eat anything for the rest of your life.  Sounds like a pain, I know, but it's so much LESS PAINFUL than suffering EPI symptoms.  Also, I am all for health remedies, but please don't buy over the counter enzymes to treat this condition.  I personally take Creon.  It has changed my life.  I no longer break out in a cold sweat while sitting on the toilet wishing for death.  Those nasty foul burps?  GONE as long as I take my enzymes AT THE BEGINNING OF MY MEAL.  There is no oops I forgot and catching up.  If you miss, you will pay the price especially if you ate high fat foods e.g. fried chicken or ice cream.    
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!
I know to proof read my posts, but I still miss stuff.  The correct spelling for the condition I wrote about is EXOCRINE PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY.  So sorry!
Sounds like recurrent Helicobactor Pylori. Need antibiotics.