Chronic wet gas and mucus
I was on Accutane for nearly 8 months instead of the standard 5 month treatment.  During the last 2-3 months of treatment, I began telling my doctor about pain in my stomach.  He said it wasn't a problem and would resolve when I was done taking the drug.  Well, I have been off of Accutane nearly a year, and am still having digestive problems, which I've never had before.  I have had PERFECT digestion my whole life until this.  I am experiencing "wet" gas and a full, bloated feeling which makes me have to use the bathroom several times a day, no matter how I modify my diet. Furthermore, I am starting to see mucus in my stools.  By the way, I have never consumed milk products in my diet, so the standard advice to avoid milk wouldn't change anything.  I fear this drug has damaged my organs in some way, and have read that accutane/isotretinoin is associated with IBS.  However, these are the only symptoms I'm having--and am hoping there might be another explanation for my symptoms.  I'm scared.  Is any of this reversible?

This discussion is related to mucus in diarrhea.
I would see a gastroenterologist so that you can get directly to what is wrong.  Don't be scared, it may not even have anything to do with the Accutane, and was a coincidence that it happened while you were on it.  See a Gastro doc and get to the bottom of it so you can get back to normal and have peace of mind.  Take care....
Hi Michelle! Just wondering what ever came of your situation? I'm on accutane now (40mg/day; 3rd week) and am suffering the worst gas, tummy rumbles (loud!), and both constipation/ diarrhea. I'm getting scared that I've permanently damaged my intestines/gut and am trying to hear back from other people that have gone through similar things. i wish there was more information readily available/ easily referenced on it. i've found lots of stories from people, but no data. it's very frustrating. i'd love to hear if you're still dealing with your syptoms and if you are, what if anything has worked for you; and if you're not, how long it took for them to go away. Thanks in advance, J