Gastroenterology Community
Colitis and pseudomelanosis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Colitis and pseudomelanosis

I have colitis ulcerosa for 9 years now (I'm 30 years old). Yesterday I had another colonoscopy to have it checked once again: The colitis was not found anymore,  instaed of my doctor approved the suspicion of colon irritabile and found a pseudomelanosis too. Because of my colitis I have never taken laxatives! (I really don't need it at all!!) - Only for preparing the colonoscopies in 2001, 2003 and yesterday. Because I also have an sorbitol-intollerancy I used Glauber salt this time (for two days). What about other reasons for pseudomelanosis and is it really reversible? Can this be because of the (short use) of the Glauber salt?
Thank you very much for your answer!

This discussion is related to Pseudomelanosis coli.