Gastroenterology Community
Colon Mass found on MRI

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Colon Mass found on MRI

My 80 year old mother had an MRI which revealed colonic mass near cecum ileocecal junction?
(think that is accurate). SHe has had stomach cramps, some nausa and tiredness for months
and finally went to the doctor. She is scheduled for colonoscopy in a few weeks.Doctor did
not say much besides giving her the report and scheduling colonoscopy. Besides a tumor,
could polyps or other benign conditions show as a colonic mass?
Fat is a possbility.

It could be years and years of dead toxic waste matter that has fused itself to her colon wall.
I had a mass found through a Cat Scan that was in the Terminal Ileum, where the small intesting hooks up to the large intestine. They were unable to get to it through a colonoscopy because of where it was located. Since there was some restriction they opted to do surgery and remove and biopsy it. I also had the stomach cramps, nausea, etc. for months. The biopsy showed fibrous scar tissue with ulceration that looked like a classic case of Crohns Disease.
I don't know what this mass is that your mother has. There's just so many things it could be. It doesn't have to mean cancer. It could be polyps, gastritis, Crohns (like I've got) or it could just be a benign tumor. Sometimes that happens. They should be able to tell more when the do the colonoscopy. Usually they can do biopsies right then. In my case they couldn't just because my mass was so far in the small intestine and it was too hard to get to.
Make sure she's eating a bland diet until her colonoscopy. Have her eat small meals and drink plenty of fluids.
I know it's got to be hard to watch your loved one in pain or sick. I hope the time will fly for you and you guys can get to the bottom of this and get her some relief! God bless.
My wife suffered a stroke about 2 years ago and her whole body got paralyzed for a few hours. The stroke was caused by swelling of the brain. The MRI did not show anything. When she regained consciousness her right side was paralyzed. After 3 months she regained movement of her right side but is now suffering from severe migraine. ABout a year ago she started to suffer from rectal bleeding and severe lower back pain. She did a baruin edema and it was found that she had a cecal devirticulum and a large mass consistetent with colonic mass was found. Her ultrasound shows that her liver is covered with fat and her ovaries are swell. She is scheduled to do a colonoscopy now. Can someone tell me what this is? She is 34 years old and weights about 300 pounds.