Colonoscopy, polyops, after care (what can I eat?)
I just had a colonoscopy and 4 polyops were found, removed and sent to pathology. I do not wish to take any risk with the open wounds left by removal of the polyops. What foods are best to eat in the immediate future? I am really hungry!
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
How about calling your doc's office?  I'm sure the nurses could tell you if there are any diet restrictions.  My guess is that they would have already told you or sent home written instructions the day of the procedure if diet was an issue.
I live in Slovakia and do not speak the language, my husband speaks but when we are having medical discussions unless you are a physician it is difficult at best. Communication is always a problem even when one speaks the same language.
My understanding from the Gastro doc is that we need to watch for bleeding. I am not having any difficulties at this point. I was just wondering if anyone had already had already been through this and made any special foods. I made a turkey soup with cauliflower and carrot and then only ate the broth. It is a clear liquid so I suppose it isn't too bad. Also ate a little yogurt and took a probiotic capsule to replace the good flora.
thanx much.
Hello. I just had a colonoscopy about a month ago.. they also found a polyop but I was told by the doctor not to worry as he did not see any cancerous look to it.. He told me if I did not get a call from him within a week, that I was not to worry..

I was told I could eat anything after the colonoscopy.. But not to jump into anything really heavy or spicy that day.

When I left I went to lunch and all is still just fine.  So as far as any special diets and speciality foods to eat.. I don't think you need to worry.
If it was serious your doctor would have told you he had some problems right then and there.
My doctor told me that all seemed fine and not to worry and I would see him again in five years.That was quite a relief as he was the specialist that did my colonoscopy.   Please relax and do not worry, All is fine unless your doctor calls you back within a week ...

So go and enjoy your life and have a great and happy one , because so far you are cancer free when it comes to your colon.

Polyops are common and they are not life threating as far as I have learned..

i hope this does help you and make you feel much better.

your new friend.
Fashion Designer
I just had the procedure done too, I say the best thing for anyone is to lay off the meat and dairy, the chemicals they have in meat and dairy these days are probably contributing a lot to the reason why we have to go through this surgery. Probably would help the heart too and every other organ in the body.