Gastroenterology Community
Colonoscopy and Scared!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Viewing 201-315 comments:
Welcome to the #1 site on Medhelp (well as far as we're concerned) and thanks for the info...

Yes, we all have had and continue to have a vast array of health issues.  So anytime someone can chime in adn give us addtional info or a place to find other info is greatly appreciated.

I will definitely check out your site.

Bless you heart......have you ever tried eastern civilization medicine for any of the medical issues that you have.....some type of natural herbs to enhance your immune system?????  just curious..

Smilie

I will definitely check out your site.

Smilie
Ugh. I still have this constant heartburn. :( I tried to drink some chamomile tea. Anybody have any other suggestions?
I think I'll just try to go to bed. Talk to you guys later.
April,

Have you tried Gaviscon - it always works for me when I have heartburn -  I first used it when I was pregnant (many moons ago!) and you know how you get TERRIBLE heartburn at the end of pregnancy! Hope you can get it and it helps you.

Luv

EB
I don't know. Is that an ant-acid? I'm not supposed to take an ant-acid while I'm on this medication. That's what makes this harder. I won't be on this medication forever but still I think for at least 8 weeks? I'm just wondering why it seems worse since I started the medications. I wish I could figure out what triggers it so I could avoid whatever it is.
Thanks though. I'll check it out. How are you feeling? Any better?
And where is Athleet and Smilie? And here Athleet was getting onto me for not being on here and he's been gone for a couple of days! Ahem...
April, you got me! I figured you and Smilie left us, so I wasn't logging on as much anymore. Had I known you were going through such problems I would have been here for ya. Goes to show that we can't let our guard down on here as you never know when one of us is crying out for help.

I'm very sorry to hear about your heartburn. Since you can't take any meds for it right now, it sounds like you're going to have to try some natural remedies. You can look them up online and see if anything works. I totally know what you mean about never knowing what foods triggers it. This is going to sound bizarre, but the pattern that I'm developing is one where I have a stomach ache after healthy foods and not after bad foods!  I'm serious! You all know about me testing out my GB before and after it was taken out by eating ribs, pizza, beer, etc.. and no pain. Then I eat my mom's pea soup and I have my first stomach ache since my operation. Then I go all weekend eating pizza, cheese, my wife's incredible pasta alfredo with ham and peas, popcorn, of course wine or beer and no pain. I didn't eat that all at once by the way. But then today I returned to the gym so I ate much more healthy foods and had a salad for lunch and I'm sitting here with my stomach burning! I just don't get it. I also still have a lot of pain where the GB used to be but I assume that will ease with time. Oh, and I have so much gas that the guy who shares the office with me brought a can of air freshener to work!

April, I'm also sorry to hear about your money and cat and car troubles. When it rains it pours (of course for me that has 2 meanings). Would it make you feel any better to know that sometimes I miss the box when I pee?  But seriously, I hope and pray that your troubles end soon. You seem like such a good person, and don't get me started on questioning why good people have problems!

I'm still working hard on feeling God's presence. I'm starting to notice it sometimes. For some really weird reason when I went to bed Friday night I was very depressed about the things I've done wrong in my life; It didn't help that I had just watched a depressing movie about the same thing. My wife was asleep which was good because the next thing I know I'm crying uncontrollably! I hadn't done that since I was going through my severe depression when I first had the vertigo. I couldn't stop crying and kept thinking about the things I have done in the past. You know how hard it is to cry without anyone hearing, it's tough. Of course I share this will all of you knowing that I still have some privacy here. Anyway, to the point, I prayed that God will put his hand on me and stop my tears. The next thing I know I'm asleep. That's thanks to you April and the rest of you for helping me reach out to the Lord. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better.

Hi to Eb and Smilie. Sounds like we need to rally around our sister April. I know you will.

In the meantime don't make me find you on the 2nd page again!

Athleet

You know, I'm wondering if it's certain veggies that you might have trouble digesting? You mentioned pea soup and saled. Sometimes certain veggies, especially raw veggies can be hard to digest. Maybe you could try Beano when you eat the veggies? It's not just for beans. Try drinking more water too. Maybe you should try foods easier to digest? See, it's so funny. Pizza tends to get to me anymore too. I'm thinking I have trouble with dairy. A lot of times I get a veggie pizza with no cheese. But It still doesn't always agree with me. I'm wondering about wheat? That would explain a lot since I eat more wheat like in bread and stuff. I wish they'd hurry up and test me. If they won't approve it this time, I'm just going to go and pay to get it done, I guess. I didn't want to have to do that but my insurance doesn't seem to want to cover food allergy testing. Which is odd because they tested my son for allergies (environmental) and he did the allergy shots for awhile there. Oh well. Gotta love the insurance, right? Of course all that will be better once Hillary's in office right? (rolls eyes..:P)

We don't always feel God's presence, Athleet. We just have to take Him at His word that He is always with us and trust Him. The more time you spend with Him and in His word, the more you will learn how to hear from Him. Just know He loves you more than you can imagine and before you even ask for forgiveness, He's already forgiven you. He just wants you to accept that and move forward with Him. Try reading the New Testament and maybe some Psalms and Proverbs. Don't go into the Old Testament until you really know Jesus well. The OT, although full of history, can be depressing with all the wars, etc. And this was before Jesus came and did away with the old way of things, the law. (Thank goodness, because that means we don't have to do animal sacrifices anymore!) We are now in the NT and living in a time of grace before Jesus comes back for His people. He is being patient with us because He wants everyone to come to Him before He returns. He knows your heart. He knows you are trying. He just wants you to trust Him. He really has been working on your heart! Isn't our God awesome?!
Take care, Athleet. God bless.
Hi folks, we were on the 2nd page again !  Sorry I haven't managed on - been pretty busy with my birthday being today (12th) Been eating out a lot, still having lots of gas, uncomfortable bloating pain etc. Went out for an Indian meal tonight and I am suffering for it. I wonder if my stomach will ever feel normal again.

Athleet - no I've never been to the States - I guess I'd like to see New York someday but doubt I'll ever get there! Yes, I was born in Scotland and yes I have a Scottish accent!

April, I'm so sorry you still have heartburn. Gaviscon is a reflux suppressant - also known as Peptac liquid. If you 'google' Gaviscon it will give you more info. Have you tried more pillows when you are in bed as sometimes lying flat can give you heartburn.

Smilie, hope you are OK.

Take care everyone.

EB
Well, happy birthday, eb! :) So, how old are you? Did you have a nice birthday? So sorry about the tummy ache. I know that Indian food can do that with all that curry, but I do love Indian food. Hope you feel better soon. Take care and happy birthday again!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EB! Have a big plate of haggis on me!  I hope your tummy is ok, doesn't it know it's your birthday? I agree with you, I wonder too if my stomach will ever be ok again. I never know when I will have a stomach ache, gas or the runs. I  never know what will trigger it. It never makes sense. I don't have as many problems as I had before the GB came out, but I'm still having some.

New York isn't all it's cracked up to be. Very crowded. If you want to experience true Americana you should visit anywhere April, Smilie or yours truly lives!

Well, not in a good mood today. Dealing with some depression, but I wanted to log on and say happy birthday and hi to the rest of the ladies. Glad to see when I logged on that this was the 2nd item on the front page!

Athleet
I'm here if you ever want to talk. Sometimes that helps with depression. Keep up with the exercising. That helps a lot with depression. I've noticed something. It's always the deep thinking, creative people who tend to get depressed, that and perfectionists, or people that are hard on themselves. I've had bouts of depression from time to time. It always helps when I take the time to spend with God and when I can get outside and get a little fresh air and exercise. Winter's always the worst. I guess because of the lack of sunlight. I love Summer! My daughter struggles with depression too. I've wavered on whether to medicate or not. I've heard it can cause problems in teens. I'm still trying to decide on that with her. Just know we're here for you.

On another note, I personally loved New York! I live there for a few years when I was a teen. We lived about an hour from New York City which was perfect because it was close enough to go into the city and shop or go to a broadway show (we'd take the subway. You don't drive in NYC!) but far enough away from the big city crime. It's actually very beautiful there, lot's of trees and greenery. We lived near the Hudson River. I really enjoyed my time there. I saw the World Trade Center a couple of times and ate in the restaurant once with my parents. The one at the top of the building that was called Windows on the World. It was a rather fancy restaurant and was kinda neat because it would rotate slowly all around so that when you looked out the window you'd get a different view. It really hit me when the terrorists attacked because I knew I had been there. It made it seem so much more real, you know? It's so sad that it's not there anymore. They were beautiful buildings. Even worse was all the lives lost, of course. I still can't believe it's gone. I try to tell my kids all the time to treat each day as precious because we never know what our future holds.
Ok, getting rather introspective again! Sorry about that.
Hope everyone's doing well. You guys might want to check out what's causing the stomach aches. If it's certain things you're eating or whatever. I'm going to try and get tested for food allergies or sensitivities. Take care all! God bless!
I'll pass on the Haggis thanks ! Ha! Ha!

Sorry you're feeling depressed - remember it's not long since you had some big surgery and that itself can make you feel kinda 'down'. Also April's right in saying that Winter is the worst time - once the summer comes and there is sunshine, hopefully you will feel better. We've had some nice winter sunshine here in Scotland for the past couple of days and although it's been freezing cold, people are happier because there is some daylight instead of the dark grey dismal days when we get complete cloud cover and rain.In England (particularly the south of England) people don't want the clocks to go back the hour in October because it makes it darker for them in the afternoons - they want to live here in Scotland - it the clocks didn't go back, we'd be living in darkness from 10 am until 6 pm each day. At least when the clocks go back the children can get to school in a kind of twilight light.

Enough of my ramblings!  Today I went with a friend to a place called Gourock - on the river Clyde - we had lunch in a lovely little restaurant right on the waterfront overlooking the water with the hills in the background and the sun was shining on the water - beautiful - made my heart glad - God sure knew what he was doing when he made our beautiful country.

Well, hope you are all feeling OK today. Take care

Luv

EB

Thanks for your concerns, but no, my depression has nothing to do with the weather or my surgery. It has to do with one of those big sins I committed not too long ago coming back to haunt me. I guess I was naive to think that just because I have begged God's forgiveness and believe he gave it to me that my sins will stay behind. Hopefully it won't get worse, but right now I'm very down.

April I know what you mean about people like me. When I was going through my darkest days after my vertigo began I was so low I was thinking about ways to kill myself, but I didn't want to do that to my children. So I finally went to a therapist. She asked me a few questions and then right away she told me that I am a perfectionist! I am also creative and a deep thinker and I have learned that people like me spend too much time thinking about what could go wrong instead of not worrying. Of course we all wrote a lot about that before all of our operations and procedures.

I wouldn't turn to meds for your daughter until you've already tried therapy. The problem with those kinds of meds is they are hard to get off of and when you do you can come crashing down and have worse problem especially young people. I've read that most of those who have problems with meds for depression are kids.

Don't get me wrong, I like New York too. I was born out there. I too ate at that restaurant. I was just trying to talk-up where we live to Eb.

Eb, I bet you live in such a beautiful place. Sounds so awesome. But I don't get the darkness thing. What does one hour have to do with being in the dark from 10am-6pm?
How long is it dark over there this time of year? We have 11 hours of daylight right now over here.

I'm still getting stomach aches and gas everyday but just not as bad or as much as I did. Still, after I meet with my surgeon next month I'll ask for him to refer a gastro so I can see if anything can be done. It doesn't make sense, it hurts more when I eat healthy!

Again thanks for caring. Hope you're feeling better these days April. And hello to Smilie wherever you are.

Athleet
Athleet,

Hi! Sorry I haven't logged on for awhile. I've been feeling really exhausted and tired with a lot of back pain. I don't have some of the symptoms for GB disease, but I'm sure that's what it is. I'm also having heart palpitations, I'm sure from stress. I couldn't sleep because my chest felt like there was a hammer in it while I was trying to sleep. I did go out for a walk yesterday and that seemed to help. I also took my vitamins this morning and some CO Q10. That's supposed to be good for the heart. I do feel better this afternoon. I also took my blood pressure the other day and it was a little high, probably from stress.

I'm getting ready to put my house on the market to sell. And it's been a little un-nerving to say the least. There is so much to do. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at this point. I'm sure that all of this coupled with back pain, aches and my heart thumping like crazy is really wearing on me. I'm doing some breathing exercises which seems to help. All of this really makes me cherish the good days........I think I need to de-stress and take it easy for a day or two. God is helping me through this....

Sorry that you've been dealing with some depression. I have as well...a little. This incident that you mentioned that has you feeling so guilty...you know that God doesn't measure sin as big and small? I think I have an idea of what it could be, but that's not important. What's important is the pain you put yourself through , both mentallly and physically is robbing you of your LIFE!!!  I feel guilty about things as well, but that's in the past. Did you hear what I said?????? It's in the past. Please move forward and keep your chin up. God still has plans for you. The guilt we put ourselves through is worse than the actual situation. You have been forgiven for whatever it is, so give it to God and wipe it off your shoes and keep walking. Your journey is not over. There are lots of things to do in your lifetime and that guilt will always keep you in the past.

It's so funny that you can eat junk food and feel great, but eating healthy is making you uncomfortable. I eat junk food and I feel awful. Must be nice to eat pizza, drink beer and all that.

BTW, what are you and your lovely wife doing for Valentine's Day?  I'm giong out with a friend and having a margarita and some nachos. I know I will probably suffer for it, but since I'm not getting candy and all that other stuff....seems fair to treat myself.

Keep talking to God and do dive more into the New Testament.  It's helped me in many ways, as well as seeing my life unfold through His eyes!!!  LOL :)

Eb,

Happy belated birthday. Sorry you're not feeling well either. We are really something of a team, right?

And sounds like you had a great lunch with your friend...I'm envious and wish we could see pictures of the place that you spoke about. ummmmmm.......what was on the menu? Everytime I think about you, I want some fish and chips...so that's how I can relate to you at this point is through fish and chips. (joking)

Scotland sounds like heaven...I guess because #1, I've never been there or heaven.

Do you guys celebrate Valentine's Day?????? And if you don't, I hope that you will have a piece of chocolate and celebrate with us on this day.  You sound like so effervescent.

Please keep us updated about your tummy and how you're feeling. I'm taking it one day at a time.  Have a wonderful day!!!!

April,

Hi!  Sorry about your heartburn. I know how that feels too. When I don't have something around for mine, I grab a box of baking soda and dilute a small spoon in a smal glass of water, stir it and drink it. It does work. And there are other remedies on the web, natural
things you can try.

Insurance companies can be a pain..you know the situation with mine. It's finally getting resolved though. They did pay for most of my colonoscopy, minus my deductible. S that's a good thing.

I will keep praying about your money situation...but the good news is the government will be sending out rebate checks soon...provided you have sent in your 2007 tax return. That should help.

Also, I have a favor to ask from all of you....the other reason I haven't logged on for a couple of days too is because last Friday as I was driving home a friend of mine called me to tell me her mother had died Tuesday of last week. (heart attack) very unexpected, of course.  And the funeral was last Saturday. She and her sister are doing all right, but can use all the prayers they can get. They have a long road ahead of them, as they are dealing with the loss and settling her estate. I know that you don't know her as well as me, but we did start out as strangers trying to connect with one another when God intervened.....thanks!!!  I know that she will appreciate it.

Everybody have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!!!!!  Try to stay as well as you can.

Smilie
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom, but I'm glad to hear from you. I'm also proud of you for giving your tummy a good kick by treating yourself to margaritas and nachos. Sounds like a typical Texan! Good stuff. Smilie, it sounds to me like you are stressing yourself sick again. And I don't care how much you try to take care of yourself, your mind is making you sick and I doubt it's good for you. We already have bad digestive systems, they don't need any more help in making us feel bad. Please try to practice what you preach and keep the faith and relax. We should all think about and picture where Eb lives. Doesn't that sound relaxing? It is so cool to have her with us. I love her perspective from another country. So cool. Of course I'm a sucker for foreigners and accents. Do you know the show Supernanny? I was with one of their producers the other day and I was begging him to call the Nanny so I could hear her say my name with that English accent. He left her an voice mail, but she didn't call back until the next day after he was gone. He did promise to get me an autograph picture for my desk though.

Yes, this is how weird my stomach is now. Yesterday I had a salad for lunch, and then an apple for a snack and I had the worst stomach ache. Then today (Valentine's day) I didn't have anything healthy and I haven't had an ache all day! Speaking of which..I took my wife out to lunch, Chinese food. First though I left her a Valentine's card in the refrigerator near her diet cokes which she drinks in the morning. That way she got it as soon as she woke up while I was still asleep. 2 weeks ago I ordered her a dozen roses and chocolates to be delivered to her office after lunch today. I don't normally give her flowers on Valentines Day because it's so obvious. I'm more into surprises and giving them when she least expects it. Anyway, at lunch she was telling me how she's glad I don't waste money on flowers for her, and how she doesn't need them, blah blah blah. And I'm sitting there knowing she's going to have flowers and chocolates waiting for her when she got back to work. When she did, she called me with surprise and excitement. She said when she saw them she thought right away about what she said at lunch. She also said that only I could surprise her with flowers on Valentines Day! Of course the kids were spoiled with lots of goodies from school, my mom, us, babysitters, relatives, etc.. When did this become a kids holiday? I got cards and a bag of licorice which is what I munch on in the car to relieve stress. It was a good day.

Ok now for "As the Athleet Turns". Yes Smilie, I'm sure you have figured out what haunts me and makes me feel so bad. If you think about what I do for a living and the temptations that come with the job. I hope it doesn't make you and the others feel less of me. I know how women detest that more than anything in the world. If it affects how you feel about me, please let me know and I will go away. I know I deserve it. But just so you know, it wasn't once, it was many times. Each time I would swear never to do it again and I would promise God I would never do it again. And then time would go by, and the serpent would talk me into taking another bite out of the apple. And the whole guilt and promises would happen again. A cycle I couldn't break out of. The pain of my guilt got so bad that I think it's what led to my vertigo and then to my depression and then to the therapist. She's the only one I've ever told. Anyway, these last 4 years of illnesses, although I continued to sin during that time, have finally taught me to straighten up and be the man God put me on this earth to be. It seems awefully late in life to start over, but I'm going to try harder than I ever have, and that's why I so much want to feel the hand of God. I don't want to fall to temptation ever again! It's hard to forget my past especially now that part of it has returned and is harassing me. That's why I'm struggling right now.
Is that what you thought it was?

If so, you probably don't think the same about me anymore, and I don't blame you. And when Eb and April read this they will feel the same. See, I told you guys it wasn't your everyday sin! Just know you have all helped me.

Athleet
Athleet, I think, like Smilie, that I kind of guessed too what it might be. Remember, us women are usually pretty intuitive! Does it change how I think about you? No. We are all sinners, every one of us. We all fall short of the glory of God. Every one of us has sinned, though each one may be different. I do think, like I said in my pm to you, that you may want to consider some counseling for awhile until you're stronger. Or at least talk to a pastor or clergyman. They are required by law to keep anything you say to them confidential unless you are a threat to yourself or others.
Your beating yourself up or trying to punish yourself isn't going to help or change anything. The Lord doesn't want you to do that. He already took our punishment for all our sins. He just wants you to give it all over to Him and let Him clean up the mess. Is it embaressing, humbling and hard to do? You bet! But that's the only way we can truly get the deliverance and restoration that we need. You can't hide it from God anyway. He knows everything, every thought, every desire, even before we're aware of it!
I think you're right in that when our spirits are not alined with God and "sick" so to speak, our bodies will be sick. The spirit and body are so closely intertwined that when one is affected, the other is usually too.
Please talk to a Christian counselor, either a pastor or someone who is experienced with the struggles you've gone through. It will really help. This is too much for you to try and deal with on your own. We're supposed to share our burdens with each other and support each other. We're not supposed to go through things alone. That's when we're more suceptable to falling into sin. A three cord strand is not easily broken. And guess what? We have four here! :) Me, Eb, Smilie and You! Remember, God brought us all together for a reason. What kind of friend would we be to leave a brother who's struggling right now? You've taken that first step. You've admitted your sin and want to change. That's huge! Now for the second step, go and seek some professional help to get you through this. Will you do this? I know you want to feel that peace of God. He wants that too. You've got to get through this though. Just take one step at a time. Each step will bring you closer to God. Hang in there, brother. We're here for you. God bless you.
April
Hello Athleet, I'm here - sorry I've been away for a day when so much has been happening - hope you didn't think I'd deserted you. Like Smilie and April have said, we're all here for you (God is with you too) Love and forgiveness is the basis of the Christianity so always remember that - God loves all sinners who repent and we all have to face up to our sins in order to repent. April, Smilie and myself are all good listeners I reckon and if you want you can always send us some private messages (away from the forum) - sometimes unburdening our sins can help us to find the help and forgiveness we seek. Professional help of course is best but friends can also be of help.

Valentine's day in Scotland is just like America - cards, flowers, chocolates, and the children get cards and chocolates too from Mums, Dads, Grandparents, and other relatives!

In the winter time it doesn't get light here in Scotland until about 8.30am and it is dark again by around 4.00pm - it's a bit better now - light from around 7.30am until around 5.00pm. However it depends on the weather! It can be grey all day with the rain and cloud cover!

Parts of Scotland are truly beautiful. Mostly the Highlands are beautiful but I live not far from Loch Lomond (about 30 minutes by car) and it is a lovely area, as is the area just above there on the road to Oban over what is called the Rest and Be Thankful (google it!) - we have beautiful hills and glens, and Edinburgh is our most beautiful city. However it is not all lovely as there are areas of great deprivation - and a lot of crime - particularly related to knives and of course drugs and alcohol.  Even in the most beautiful areas drugs and alcohol can be a blight on communities. I don't know what your licensing laws are like over there, but here you can drink most of the day and night and at weekends our towns and cities in the whole of the UK are awash with drunken louts who cause trouble. The tourist areas however are not so bad.

Anyway, must close - getting late - feeling a bit better the last couple of days but who knows when another spell of pain will hit.

Take care Athleet, you will get through this - April, Smilie and myself are all here for you.

Luv

EB

A,

Well...........your clues were pretty good about the sins that you've committed, but I'm neither judge nor jury. Right now I'm not married because of the sins my ex committed. I wasn't as forgiving as I am now. I couldn't see past his adultering ways. He also worked in an environment where there was temptation all around him. He found ways to hide his affairs..but one day I asked him point blank and he told me. I divorced him, but then later decided to give it another try. The trust and faith was gone. that was then. We are still good friends and I saw that they were just mistakes, but at the time it was more of an ego thing for me and all of my friends were telling me to divorce him. So I did. I actually don't regret the divorce part, as I've become a stronger person and learned to stand on my own. So he really made me a better person in the end and I thank him for that. It sound like your marriage is okay...I assume. I hope it is and you will get past this. I hear that it's great to have women flirting with you and there are a lot of women out there that like married men because they are "safe." Well.....I agree with April and EBJB that you should get some professional help to sort this out. Also, your priest and church should be able to help you sort through your guilt and get past it. I'm still here though....I've never met you, but I know your heart. We write things that are in our heart and we have all come a long way since December 6, 2007. You are a man that writes from your heart. Don't you think that I know that??????? We all know that. You have really beat yourself up more than anyone else could. Just get it together and enjoy life....I know I need to practice what I preach.  

I'm stressed out, yeah!! Yesterday morning I was driving to work and all of a sudden I had a pressure in my chest that was God awful. Then I felt dizzy and lightheaded and proceeded to drive to work. I asked God just to help me get to school and then I would make a call for a "sub" and go to the emergency room. Well, I went to the nurse at school and she's so smart....she said that it appeared to be gastro related and what had I eaten the night before...it was chips, salsa and one rita. Well on top of that I found out that I have a hiatal hernia and boy was I in pain. I asked a colleague of mine to get me some tums on the way to work to see if that would help and it did for a few hours. The nurse took my BP and heart rate...113/72, pulse 92. Everything looked fine and then right before lunch, I had the pain again and turned white as a sheet. What a day!!! I called the gastro's office and told them what happened and asked what I could do about the hernia and she said, well you could lose some weight. THE NERVE!!!!! I already had a bad day and with that comment, it sent me into tears. I drove home with tears streaming down my face and prayed to God to forgive that woman and her comments. I lost 45 pounds last year and maybe have another 15 to go, but not obese. So I felt better, drove home and had a relatively good night's sleep.....hoping I wouldn't have another attack. I did think of you guys as I was driving home and just wanted to talk to you all, but was too tired to even get online.

I definitely need to get some anxiety meds, as everytime my body does something out of the ordinary, I seem to have a hard time trying to getting a grip, if you know what I mean????? And I'm sure you do.  

With that being said, I think the flowers, chocolate and lunch that you showered on her was very thoughtful. It's nice to think of special suprises for her. I'm kind of like you, I like to do the unexpected when it comes to holidays.  It was really nice of you to do so much for her. You are truly a romantic......but you did say that you're Italian. So glad that you guys had a great Valentine's Day. I gave cards to my family and got lots of cards in return. I'm so blessed to have a wonderful family......as well as my brothers and sisters here on this blog!!!! ( I did go to Italy three years ago...ummm, I miss the gelato)

I love you guys and wouldn't know what to do if you didn't log on again...So you're not getting rid of us that easy. (Ha!)  So thanks for being truthful about your life...remember we are all human, and not perfect......God does forgive you, so now forgive yourself; isn't that the real issue here???  That you haven't forgiven yourself....it's time to do that.  

FYI: Yes, I'm a real Texan..salsa, chips and ritas are a tradition here...but don't guess I'll be having that again anytime soon.  Haven't had Starbucks lately either......ummm

Take care,

EBJB,

Hey, that's awesome that you guys have Valentine's Day over there. Isn't that cool???
Hope you had a good one.....

I know what you mean about the pain.....I was feeling pretty great until I had salsa, chips and a margarita.  I guess my body said NO WAY!!!!  I really felt bad and hope that you don't have any pain for awhile. I have a low tolerance for pain, what about you?

Any luck getting in this month to see the doc???????? I know that I should go to, but waiting till I have time off during Spring Break in March.

Hey, it's 70 degrees here today with thunderstorms, but will get cold again tmorrow night. Hope you are staying warm.  

Thanks for keeping our spirits lifted around here. I enjoy your words of wisdom and humor. I hope you have a terrific weekend, what's left of it.

Ta-Ta

April,

Hi!  You sound like you're having the heartburn that I'm having. You know I was reading on the internet about this girl's grandmother that would take Tagamet for her heartburn and it would go away everytime. I know that different meds work for different people. So I guess just try anything that you can. I'm keeping Tums in my purse now, until I find (or you guys) can suggest something better. I really don't want you to suffer over this.

Someone told me to drink Chamomile tea also, but haven't yet. I think all the stress that we're under is making us sick (duh!) So let's all pray together and ask God to take the stress out of our lives once and for all. Isn't it strange though how we're all dealing with it, well maybe not EBJB.....I never truly knew how sick it could make you....but now I do.
Sometimes if people around me are talking too much, I get irritated. I'm really visualizing peace and quiet in my life and pray for it everyday. I guess it's just the stress...I need to relax.

Anyway, I miss talking to you. You can send me a pm if you want..

Take care and let me know if you find something that works for the heartburn, other than the OTC and prescription stuff,

Love you guys,

Smilie

AAUUGG!! I have the worst heartburn right now and it's all my fault! :( I was so stupid today and ate junk. I was busy and running around today so I just grabbed fast food junk, breaded, fried, greasy, yuck. I even had soda and a little ice cream. Man, when am I going to learn?? I know that ice cream has been giving me problems but I hadn't had it for awhile. UGH! Now I have this horrible heartburn and a slight headache and I can't even take anything! :( I'm not supposed to take ant-acids while I'm on this medication. That's why I've been drinking the chamamile tea. I don't know what else to do. But even when I don't eat junk I seem to get heartburn (although not always this bad). Sometimes I get it right after my morning tea before I even eat anything! I really don't want to have to give up my tea. I already had switched from coffee to tea. I gotta have a little caffeine!
I can't believe this! I must be getting old. I used to be able to eat and drink anything and I never had a problem. Grrr.

Smilie, I think that's awesome that you lost that much weight! You should be proud of yourself! How'd you do it, can I ask? I'd like to lose 20 pounds or so. I'm not obese either but would like to be slimmer. I never had a problem with my weight either until I quit smoking 15 years ago. I quit about the time I came back to the Lord. I didn't realize how easy it would be to gain weight! And then having a baby at my ripe old age (ha, ha) didn't help. For some reason I lost the weight much easier with my first two when I was in my twenties than forty! I usually eat pretty healthy. I think my main problem is I need to get in more exercise. I very rarely eat the junk food. I know, I know - I did today! And I'm suffering for it. Who was it who told me to try baking soda and how much? Sorry, I tried to go back and look for it and can't find it. I knew someone told me that!

Smilie, I know what you mean about the anxiety. I'm doing much better lately but I've had problems with it too. I had it bad last year when I had all that stuff going on with my daughter. I got the heart palpitations and everything. I really do think there's a definate link between our physical health and our mental health, you know what I mean?
A friend just sent me something the other day. I think I'll send it to you. Let me know if you're able to pull it up. Maybe I'll send it to everyone! It kind of goes along with some of the things you said about positive thinking, etc.  Maybe it will cheer us all up!
I started to get stressed not too long ago about our finances. I try to remind myself to give it to God...give it to God...give it to God.

Athleet, where are you??? We'd better here from you soon!

Eb, you're making me jealous. I want to go back to Scotland, only this time as an adult when I can appreciate it better! I was a child last time I went. We did go to the Loch Ness and I tried so hard to find that monster! Hee, hee. :) I kept staring out at the water wanting to see it so bad! So have you ever seen Nessie? And how far do you live from there? Someday when I'm rich (ha, ha), I'm going back there! You never know! If I do, I'll definately look you up. It'd be neat to have a friend in Scotland who could show us around! Like I said...someday! I can always dream.
I hope everyone's ok. Stay in touch! I'm going to go and see what I can do to help with this awful heartburn. Take care all! God bless.
Smilie, Athleet, Ebjb, where all all you guys? Is there anyone else up? I'm having a really bad night tonight, well I guess it's morning now. I really could use a friend to talk to and some prayers please. Somebody send me a pm, please.
Please, this is the worst night ever.
Hi April,

Sorry nobody's been there for you - difficult for me as my time zone is completely different!  I hope you are feeling better when you read this.
Do you drink milk?  Have you tried bicarbonate of soda mixed in with milk - maybe that would help? - but I'm not sure. Worth a try though.

Like you I stopped smoking 15 years ago - and put on weight!

Did you get the pm I sent you in response to yours?

Take care, hope you feel better. I will be praying for you.

Luv

EBJB
April,
  I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. What happened? Was it the heartburn? Why was it your worst night? Talk to us and tell us what's wrong?
Athleet
Thanks for all your advice, prayers and words of wisdom. You women are amazing. I really thought you'd pass judgement on me. That's why I stayed away and partly because now that you know what I've done I'm embarrassed and even more ashamed.

No I cannot talk to anyone, especially my church where the priests are strict and cold. My daughter cried when she had her first confession and her first communion because the priest was so cold to her. Imagine how they would be to me!

I already talked to a therapist last year. She told me much the same as you have. That God has forgiven me and it's really about me forgiving myself. I'm struggling to get past the guilt and shame, I don't forgive myself, its something I will have to live with for the rest of my life. I've had to go through it alone all this time and I imagine I always will.

April thanks for the incredible prayers and words of wisdom on the PMs you sent me. You guys have really helped me even though I don't act like it.

Smilie and April, I'm truly sorry you haven't been feeling well. Smilie I think you have both anxiety and health issues interlocked at times. You ought to try seeing someone to prescribe a mild anxiety med. I take one every morning, it helps my vertigo. It's only .5 mgs per day.

Got a lot of work to do. Thanks again for not giving up on me.

Athleet

Athleet
April and Smilie,
Wow, so much has happened to you guys.  In general, from my own experience with IBS, once your digestion has gotten screwed up, your tummy will always be sensitive to stuff that never used to bother you before.  Not to worry.  Just keep up your proteins, scrambled eggs especially, and eat what doesn't upset your stomach.  Me, I have to have an I.V. straight to my milk and donuts.  And when I go a week without eggs, I feel like I'm going to pass out and I also get depressed.

Athleet,
Men and women in the workplace ALL have to struggle with their hormones.  That's how it is.  Just pick up where you are and move forward.  It's how you live your life NOW that matters.  I am a recovering alcoholic, 23 years and three months sober.  Temptations come in all forms, no one is free of evil until the day they die.  

All,
Here is a little spirit talk, I don't share it often becuz it's from a place most don't see, so it just confuses people.  The reason the world has gotten so out of hand, wars, crime, etc., is because the devil knows his time is short, so he's raising hell.  One person who was on the scene of the 9/11 terrorist attacks said, "Satan walked the streets of New York that day."  That is exactly what happened.  Anytime you watch a program that shows those clouds of black soot that blasting around the corners, that was him.  The time for loving one another is now, its power is greater than any force on earth.  

My friend who went in the hospital got out after a month.  I can feel his spirit all the way across the state.  We've been connected since I was a girl, and I'm retired now.  I lobbied for him the best I could from so far away, and instead of a nursing home, his biggest fear, they let him go home.  I spoke to him on the phone two days after he got out, and he was pretty upset.  So I talked to him quietly, until our heartbeats and breathing became one, and I sent him my love energy across the miles, and I says to him, "Do you feel it?  It's just you and me and right now."  He goes, "Yeah, I do feel it.  I feel real warm."  Both of us felt this wonderful heat in our chest.  

The healing miracle of love is immense.  Strong positive energy can overcome everything.  Peace is at hand.  And all our souls are counted and in the book of everlasting life, if we just believe.  I like to quote Hemmingway when I talk about this sort of thing, "It is all true."

Gail
ggreg (aka Gail), I agree. God says we are all one body after all. I believe our spirits are connected (as believers) and that's why we tend to feel an instant bond with another believer.
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm kinda having a family emergency right now and it helps to know I can come here and not feel so alone. It's nice to have my "online friends" here I can turn to. :)

Athleet, did you get my pm? Are you doing ok?
Smilie and eb, you guys doing ok too? Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you all! Take good care of yourselves. Luv ya guys! Talk soon!
April, I got your pm and responded. I'm sorry to hear of your emergency.
Gail, thanks for the advice.
I have my own minor emergency right now, but thanks for being there.
Athleet
Hi!

Athleet and April - how are you both doing? You two have been in my thoughts and prayers - I hope things are doing better for you both and that your emergencies are calming down?

Smilie - you did SO well losing the weight - don't let someone's horrible remark make you feel bad - God loves you and so do we.

Gail - your 'spirit talk' was incredible - and SO true.

To you all - I hope this link will open for you all - sometimes it doesn't open and other times it does. Please let me know if it opens for you.

http://www.dearallofyou.com/sacredheart/sacredheartafterpleasehelpkeep.html

Lots of love

EBJB

PS  Forgot to say turn up your sound when you go to that link I gave you

Hi to All!!!

I'm not going to make this very long, but wanted to say how much I love you guys. I know that I'm getting a little sentimental, but everytime I think about what joy each of you have brought to me and the others on here, it lets me know that I'm really blessed in so many ways to have you guys to share my life with. Each and every contribution that you've made has in some way helped me and/or each other.

It's so surreal that each of you came into my life at a time when I felt and needed to talk to someone other than my family. Little did I know that weeks would pass by and we would still care enough to log on and read about each other's medical and life challenges and respond in loving ways that I'm sure still amazes us today.

I did listen to Eb's website that she mentioned and it was incredible.

Gail, yes, thanks for the spirit talk. Another amazing contribution....I'm glad that you're still with us.

April, as always you are the flame that makes my day brighter....I hope and pray for you and your situation. You hang in there with all your might. It's going to work itself out with the help of the Lord.

Athleet, Little brother, I sent you a pm....I would like to hear from you. You said that you had an emergency; is your family okay? Are you okay?  We are here for you, as I know that you're here for us. Let us help you. We're all reaching into Oklahoma to give you a hand. I'm sure you could use a few extra ones.

Everybody have a great night. And thanks again for being, YOU******

Smilie
  Smilie, don't worry about getting sentimental. You made me feel good. I love you and the rest too. I will always have you to thank for getting me through the end of my health fears. I guess, in life we are never problem free.

That's all I have to say right now.

Athleet
Hi, I'm new to this forum but it's about gastrointestinal issues and that's me.   I am having a colonoscopy on the 7th and I'm freaked out a bit.  I have had several surgerys in the past including a hysterectomy and gall bladder surgery.  I had a colonoscopy about 6 years ago which was clean.  My doctor ordered this one for me because of my family history of cancer.  since my GB surgery I have had a lot of gas,primarily on my right side under my ribs.  Sometimes it feels like I'm laying on a rock but I don't think there's anything there but gas.  I have also thought that it might be scar tissue around that area maybe attached to my ribs, cause I somehow broke one of my ribs last year on that side and hadn't done a thing!  So now with a new colonscopy order I am scared to death that there's something in there growing sometimes and I broke my rib formt he inside out!   Crazy huh?

Anyways, I have read this entire post from way back in December when two of you were having colonsocopies done.  I feel like I almost know you as well as you know each other.  You have all been great supporters of one another and forgive me for being selfish and childish, and a bit of a hypochondriac, but I would like to share in that.   My mother died at age 55 of liver cancer but it had spread from somewhere else but the docs didnt know where it came from.  So liver cancer is usually spread from the intestine and the kind she had had lain dormant for at least 10 years.  I'm scared.

I feel kind of foolish for even posting becasue I know that everything will probably all turn out ok, but sometimes I need someone other than my wonderful husband to tell me those same things.

I am very glad and happy for all of you that your situations turned out ok.  

Athleet, I hope you can start feeling better.  Depression is a horrible, cruel monster to have to deal with.  The only thing worse is guilt.  You sound like a man who can kick its *** if you want to.  

Welcome to our blog!

You're not selfish, childish or a hypochondriac - you're scared - just like we all were!  You came to the right place.

Best thing you can do is pray - that's what we've all done - for each other and for ourselves - and then wait - wait for God, wait for your colonoscopy, and wait for the results.

Did you get an X Ray when you broke your rib? If there had been anything nasty there, I'm sure it would have shown up then.  Did you know you can break a rib just by coughing?

Obviously with your Mum dying of cancer so young, you are going to be scared, but please try not to worry too much - as you so rightly said everything will probably all turn out OK - we will all be praying for you from now and especially on the 7th.

Go to the website I gave - it's wonderful

Make sure you come back and let us know how you are.

Love and prayers

EBJB
We all love you too - without  you starting this blog where would we all be?? We wouldn't have got to know each other so well, prayed for each other and shared our problems.

Glad you enjoyed the website - it really is so wonderful - I keep going back to it.

Lotsaluv

EBJB x
How are you both?  I'm praying for your situations and know that the Lord will be with you  in your times of trouble. Remember the 'Footprints' - in times of trouble, it is then that He carries you

Take care  and I hope you both will go to the website and feel the peace of our Lord as He speaks directly to YOU.

Take care

Love

EBJB x
Hi there! You are most welcome to join our blog. I think the reason it's held together so long and we've all grown so close it because of our belief and dependence on God. I've noticed there seems to be a special  bond between believers. I believe that's God's spirit joining us all. With that said...

Please don't worry. I can understand your fear with all that happened to your mother. Our minds seem to go with the worst case scenerio too.
It's good that you're keeping on top of this and getting everything checked out. If they were to see anything, it'd be in it's early stages where they could do something about it. Your mom probably never knew there was something wrong.
I've heard that people can have problems after getting their gallbladder out. I'm sure it's related to that. But maybe they can find something to help with the gas and pain and such.
Have you ever had a bone density test done? You might want to consider it if you break bones easily. Do you take calcium? See if you're deficient in any vitamins. I think they can do a blood test to determine that. You don't mention your age but if you're young you probably don't need to worry about that.
I'd get a complete physical with blood work and just stay on top of things. You'll be fine. I wish you well. Keep in touch and let us know how the colonoscopy goes. Take care & God bless.
April
Lady,

Welcome to the HOME of the HYPOCHONDRIACS! If you've read all of our posts since the beginning then you know we were all where you are now so don't feel foolish. These ladies on here are special. They got me through so many things and they are still forgiving of me and helping me. Keep coming back here and you'll see. It's a weird place to find a bond like this, but you know how they say God works!  Just look at how many and how fast everyone here responded to your post. What does that tell you? And it's not fake. These ladies are amazing.
  We all feared the worst with every test, procedure and operation. And guess what? No one wound up with anything fatal. We support each other, and when you are lying on that table we will be sending you strength and prayers. Just close your eyes just before they put you out and think of us and the next thing you know you will wake up and your results will be ok. I'll tell you how powerful it is and how much they've helped me. I freaked with every test, procedure and operation, but they gave me so much strength and helped me with my faith that when I went into my last operation which was a gallbladder removal, I wasn't worried at all. I knew God and these women were thinking of me.
   You're not foolish to reach out to us. Most of us have spouses, but unless you are going through this they can only do so much and they usually just tell you everything is going to be ok. They usually don't go as deep as these women do. I don't know your husband, so maybe he does, but it's been the trend here. I'm trying very hard to beat this guilt and depression. I take it one day at a time. I usually have 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Eb, that website was awesome. I watched it last night while going through another depression and it brought a tear to my eye. I saved it and plan to watch it again from time to time. Thanks. Oh and I love the way you say Mum instead of Mom, or as I was growing up it was Ma.

April I hope you're doing ok. Hang in there girl. Remember everything you've taught me.

April and Smilie, I responded to your PMs so check them out.

I had another temptation come at me last night and even though I struggled and thought about it, I didn't do it. I beat it. And I feel so much better today! The devil lost that one.

Athleet
Yea, Athleet!!! :D See, with God on your side, you can do anything!!!
I want you to look up this scripture, write it down and post it somewhere where you will see it every day, like your bathroom mirror.
It's Philipians 4:13:
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
Did you get that??!! Read it again, slowly. "I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." ALL THINGS! When you rely on the Lord, He will give you the strength you need to get you through your temptations.
In fact, read all of Philipians 4. It's a good chapter. But write down that one verse and put it up somewhere so that you are constantly seeing it.
Here's another good one for you to look at;
1 Corinthians 10:13:
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
You don't have to post that one, but I'd write it down and keep it on you so that you can look at it. When I was a new Christian, I wrote down some scriptures and kept them in my purse so that I could look at them several times a day, things I thought would help me. Last one, (for today! :)
Hebrews 4:14-16;
"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin. Let us then aproach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Always remember, the best way to fight temptation (and the devil) is speaking scripture. There's power in God's word.
You've already really grown in your faith in such a short amount of time! God really is working on you! :)
Take care now. Remember, take one day at a time. You'll get a little stronger every day. God bless.

Thanks for all the prayers and support!!!! Tonight has been a good night!! I have my whole family back together under one roof! Yea! My daughter's home and it's just been a very good night! See, there's power in prayer! I know all those prayers really worked! Tonight's been much better than I could have ever hoped for. Don't we have a great God! :D

Athleet, I forgot to ask, where you able to pull up that site I sent you? I think some people had trouble with it. It's a beautiful slide show. I wanted you all to see it. If you weren't able to pull it up, I'll see if I can fix it somehow. Or if everyone gives me their email addresses, I can just send it that way. Have a good night!

What slide show did you mention to Athleet?  Was that the one I sent you all or a different one?

Let me know if it's a different one - post the webpage address on the site or send to my e-mail address which I already gave you on a pm.

EBJB xx
hi all,
ive read this whole thread and i feel like i was right there with each one of u thru your tough times..i guess what brings us all here to the forum, is we are nervous and looking for answers...id like to tell u what ive been going through and see if y'all have any ideas....ive noticed each one of you bring something different to this forum and it is much appreciated....even for us who arent involved in your thread....seems like ggreg is very knowledgable from years of going through stomach issues...anyways heres whats going on with me....

It started about three weeks ago, i had really bad heartburn and reflux, i went to the dr and got a script of zantac 300 mg....felt better for a week...last week, i has yellow thin BM...then i started having pain all over my abdomen area...ive had bloating for a week straight now, accompanied by pain, sometimes severe, but always constant...went to the dr four days ago, put me on two antibiotics, plus the zantac...i also had blood work and urine test done, all was well...my BM changed to really soft stools, but only about a nyquil cup full, not much at all...and they smell like ammonia...my pain localized to my upper ride quadrant, so my dr sent me to have an ultra sound....everything checked out, pancreas, liver, gallbladder, etc....the only thing was the amount of gas i have in my abdomen.....i have to go back to the dr tomorrow, if im not feeling better hes going to send me to a gi....

I guess my question is does any of this sound familliar.....someone being extremely bloated for a week straight, regardless off eating or not....my BM that is not much and is really soft and in small pieces like the width of a pencil....also smelling like ammonia...im still having some reflux...my stomach is constanstly making noises...i believe hes going to send me to a gi, what test do u think i should have....my general health right now is feeling tired and sick.....it seems like im not going to the bathroom much for what ive eaten....if i eat a sandwich, my bm is more like for me eating a grape....thanks in advance...
EB, I sent it to you guys in a pm, remember? It's a slide show. I guess some people had difficulty pulling it up. You have to copy and paste the address. I just now did it to see if it would pull up. and it did. Copy and paste the address in either google or whatever server you're using. When it pulls it, it says click here to download. Click on that and the slide show starts. Then you have to click on each picutre to go to the next picture. If you guys still have trouble with it, I'll send it through email. I might have to wait till tonight or this weekend, though, as I'll be a bit busy today.

Canes, I wish I could help you out but I honestly don't have any idea what's going on with you. Perhaps you could post a new thread with the question and get more responses or even ask ggreg in your post title. You're right, she seems pretty knowledgable. But she doesn't always come back on this thread, so it could be awhile before you heard from her. Wish I could help, sorry. :( I hope you can find out soon what's going on. I know that must be miserable for you. Maybe it would be best for you to see a Gastro doc at this point. I wish you well. God bless.

First I would like to say to the special group of people that made this thread. You have truely been their for each other and have a bond that I dont think others like myself can
be part of.  I hope the later posts on here like Canes and Ladyvalkerie will want to start
a new thread.  I have just about the same as you ladyvalk, have cancer in my family,
had GB out have pain in URQ and have to have colonoscopy, go to make appt this Tues and I'm pushing for asap so WE will probably be going in at the same time. I just didn't
break my rib???  

Yes, what you all have is so special and I hope I can have that on my journey, my partner and I, its my 2nd time, my first hubby died at 33, I'm 45 and have a 4 yr old
and yes I'm scared ____!!!!  But I'm alone, my partner really and truely is not there.
I have to get rid of this bloating/constip and DO more with OUR daughter, that guilt is yes
just stressing me more.  wishing you the best..........georgie
April: I'm so happy for you that you have your entire family back. Congrats! That wasn't long, although I'm sure it felt that way. I hope everything is improving. You owe me a PM, I answered your questions and had some questions of my own in my last pm to you. I would love to hear the details on how you got your daughter home and how anything has changed.

April and Eb: I was referring to Eb's webthing. That's the one that was amazing. April's link took me to a page that had a lot of women wearing very little clothing. Now April, you know that's not the kind of thing I should be looking at!!!!  Of course I realize it's not what you intended for me to see. Did anyone else see it?

April thanks for the scriptures. I printed them to keep. I really liked the one from Corintheans. That spoke right to me! I guess I just wasn't seeing, hearing or feeling Gods ways to bring me out of temptation. I will look for them from now on!

Canes: I have read about a condition that causes pencil thin ribbon-like stools, but I can't remember what it was. You should type that and do a search. I want to say it was a blockage in the colon that produces that and can make you feel sick and aweful. Let us know what you find out.

Georgia: Most families have cancer in it. Mine does do. That doesn't mean you have it. And almost all cancers are curable if caught early enough. What started this whole set of blogs is because we all freaked out when we were sick and some of us are still sick. It almost always turned out to be nothing and almost always it was our worrying that made us feel sicker. Having young kids makes it even scarier. I have a 6 and a 8, so that could make you worry more. The colonoscopy will reveal what's wrong and most of time it's not life threatening. So try not to worry. We are all examples of worry worts who wasted a lot of time worrying.

Hang in there....

Athleet
Sorry April, I did see your slide show - it was wonderful - these pictures were AWESOME.
I'm so happy that your daughter is home and your family are all together again - I prayed so hard for you and Athleet - isn't it wonderful when prayers are answered in the way you want.
Have a great weekend with your family.
Luvya!
EBJB
Have a great weekend with your family.
Luvya!
EBJB
OOPS - I see my comment went on twice! It looked like it wasn't going on at all so I did it again!
Hi Athleet - Hope you are feeling better.
April's website took me to some great pictures but they weren't the ones you got to see!
I spoke to my doctor and the inflammation showing on my colonoscopy was in the cecum part of my colon which is apparently and I quote from the internet "a pouch connected to the ascending colon of the large intestine and the ileum. It is separated from the ileum by the ileocecal valve (ICV) or Bauhin's valve, and is considered to be the beginning of the large intestine. It is also separated from the colon by the cecocolic junction."  -  Anybody got any idea what would cause inflammation there as my doctor (not the hospital gastro doctor) didn't really know!  I go back to the hospital on 26th March as you know so I may get some answers there, but again my doctor told me if it had been anything serious they would have got in touch by now so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Canes - Like April, I don't know what could be causing your problem but maybe the antibiotics could be causing the loose stools? Did they check you for Helicobacter?  Good luck and I hope you get better soon.

Georgie - Hope you get your colonoscopy appointment soon. Did you up your fibre to help with the constipation and bloating? I find when I'm constipated I get bloated and if I take some Fibogel that can help - or try anything that helps the constipation and that could help the bloating.

Luv to all

EBJB x
Athleet, what??!! Scantily dressed women??!! NO! I did not send you that! I don't understand why eb was the only one who was able to pull up the slide show. I went back and tried it myself. Did you try click on the thing that said to click on here to download? If you send me your email, I can send it that way. I've got everybody else's emails. I just haven't had time to do too much yet. I'm going to be really busy this weekend too but I'll try and send a pm when I can, ok?

EB, I don't know what's going on with you. Could it be Crohn's? Did they give you any idea? I'l keep you in my prayers.
Gotta go. I'll try to check back later. I do have a class early in the morning so I probably will go to bed early. Good night everybody. Talk to you later.

We were on the 3rd (yes 3rd!) page - where are you all?!!!!!!!
hi all,
athleet, i read that blockage can cause those ribbon type stools...my primay referred me out to a gi dr, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this...i have played ball all my life including college, and im still pretty active, but this has pretty much brought my life to a stand still...i had a sandwich yesterday and last nite i paid for it....my stomach is still bloated with gas and im still having either diarrhea or those small ribbon stools...

ebjb,
they tested me for h pyloria and i was negative...my primary dr is treating my for a bacteria, but i dont know why a bacteria would make my stools skinny and small...
my white blood count was normal, red blood was elevated...not sure what that means...

i hope everyone starts feeling better...

Jamie (canes)
Poor you - you are having a hard time of it. What was in the sandwich you had? anything that could have caused the gas and diarrhea?  Are you still taking antibiotics?  Don't know anything about blood counts sorry, but I would think  you should be having endoscopy and colonoscopy  to check things out. Hope you get to see someone soon who can sort out these tests for you. Good Luck.
Eb,
I agree with you about us being on the 3rd page. That's a major no no. I've been reading but not writing because I'm waiting on a response from Smilie and April to their PMs that I answered.

Smilie/April: I don't know if you've sent me anything lately, but for some reason when I checked my message box yesterday it showed that everyone was blocked! I don't know how it got on that setting, but I changed it.

Canes,
   I too was in tip top shape before all this happened and a baller as well. Digestive problems can really put you down for the count. No doubt there is no better test than the endo/colon. I did both in one procedure and it was easy, painless and showed that I was clean. My symptoms changed a lot over the course of 3-4 months until they finally found a bad GB. Even though it was taken out, I still get stomach aches, just not as often. Through everything I never had the ribbon stools, but it is clearly a symptom since I remember reading about it often when I was doing my research on my own illness. Bottom line, you'll have to go through a series of tests to nail it down. Blood tests and end/colon should tell you everything as long as you don't have any of the bad symptoms like blood, vomit, fever, rapid weightloss. Let me know what you find out.

Athleet
    Thank you so much for responding so quickly.  This is an absolutely wonderful forum you have here.  It's like AA for digestion problems.  LOL.  Anyway, just a few more days till the colonoscopy and I know it's a very good test for finding anything and everything.  Having had it before, I know what to excpect but still so worried.  It's 2:30 in the morning here and I can't sleep because of my right side.  It sorta feels like I could put a very wide belt around my rib cage and pull it tight and kinda hold everything in tighter would give me relief.  
   As for my rib, I guess I could have broken it by coughing too hard about 2 weeks prior to finding out about the rib I had the flu and had pluresy in my right lung.   Maybe that is some of the pain I feel now because my doc didn't say it needed to be wrapped or anything so it truly feels like my rib cage is sticking out farther than its intended to.  That doesnt account for the massive amount of gas and bloating but it could account for that blowing out feeling in my right side I guess.

I think one of the reasons I am so worried about this test is that I turn 40 in April, my oldest daughter is 18 and graduating in June and making me a grandma in September.  My youngest daughter will be 14 next month and says she's gonna go live with her dad this summer, maybe permanantly.  I feel like I have no control over my life right now and this intestinal prolbem is just another thing I've lost control over.  Listen at me....I do sound like I'm in a therapy session...LOL.

My hubs is wonderful.  Sometimes though I feel like I complain too much to him and don't want to burden him with all this stuff that's probably no biggie anyway.  So I am so thankful for all of you.  Thanks for being there.  I know God is with me as well.  I am not a very religious person but I do consider myself a very spiritual person.  I have always said one can be closer to God by being spiritual than by being religious.  I believe this philosophy whole heartedly and I also believe that thinking good, expecting good, and doing good brings good back to you, so I am trying to stay as positive as possible but sometimes those seeds of doubt come creeping back in.  That's when I look for this forum and start reading for words of inspiration and faith to pull me back up.   It works.

To Canes---- I feel for you.  I wish I could offer you some more information.  I agree with Athleet.  There's a whole lot of testing to be done.  Till it is, try to stay postive and let me know when your colonoscopy will be set for and we will count it down together.  Mine is on the 7th of March.  I hope that you get some mediocre news from your doc about some mediocre reason for it and the prescribes some mediocre treatment.  Let us know how it all turns out and I will pray for you.

To April------yes I take 1500mg of calcium every day with vitamin D and K.  I only have the osteopenia in 1 vertabrae but it was probably the prevacid that caused it in conjuction with the radical hysterectomy.  I haven't even tried to take the Actonel my Dr prescribed becasue I am so afraid of the chest pain that comes with heartburn.  That's another one of my quirks, I complain and ask for meds then get scared of them too.  I'm just a big chicken!

Georgie, I know exactly how you are feeling.  Cancer scares me to death and I feel like it's beating down my door with my immediate family history and my issues.  try not to worry.  I think that sometimes we get so preoccupied with the worry of dieing that we forget we are living.  Try to stay positive, postive will return to you.  I have been blessed with a wonderful hubs, and if it weren't for him, I would probably be addicted to nerve pills which would give me something else to worry about...lol...    I think that this is a wonderful group of people here just trying to support one another and I think you and I and Canes can all be a part of it.  So what if we are new to the forum.....we need their knowledge because where we are now, they once were.   I am sure they would all agree that you are a welcome contributor here.  Ask anything and talk about anything, it helps each of us as well.

to everyone,
thank u for all ur support..i go today to the gi dr...hopefully they will get me straightened out....couldnt come soon enough...i hurt all nite in my chest with pain, i guess from gas...i had a good day until 4:00 yesterday afternoon...then i started feeling queasy..so when i got home i had a snack pack of jello...then i started feeling awful...i immediatly bloated up...
LadyV, I agree with you. It's better to be spiritual than religious. We have too many religious people who are obnoxious know it all's. Just like the Pharasis in the Bible, they knew the scriptures, tythed their money and seemed to do everything right yet Jesus had harsh words for them (really the only people in the Bible that Jesus had such harsh words for). He told them they did everything "right" yet their hearts were not right with God. God only cares about our hearts more than anything else.
So you have teenagers too? Join the club! I think that's where my gray hairs came from! :)

Athleet, sorry I haven't written back or gotten on here much. This has been a stressful, not so good week. And I've been busy with appointments, etc. All the stress I've been under for so long has really worn me down. I'll try to write to you later.
I hope everyone is well. Take care, everybody. Love, April
Oh it's so good to have you all back on - great to know you are all out there - haven't much to say - just to let you all know I'm thinking about you and hoping you are all well - Are you feeling OK Athleet? How are the family April? It's still pouring rain here - loads of flooding and gale force winds - wish I stayed in sunny California ! Take care all of you. Love EB x
April, I'm so very sorry. I was being selfish and not thinking about what you are going through. It's just that I've gotten used to and depended on your great advice. Plus I want to know the latest on your family. Take your time. You know we'll still be here. Oh and by the way, I finally got to watch the slideshow. It was great. Thanks! And no semi-nude women on it this time!

Eb, you always want the weather you don't have. Right now cold and rainy sounds good. Stay inside. Build a fire. Eat. Drink! It was cold and windy here today. Boring. Feel free to always chime in even when you don't have anything to say. We always love hearing from you. My feeling ok in terms of my health. I'm getting less stomach aches per day. I see my surgeon next week for my final post operation consultation. However, I'm still dealing with a lot of stress, depression and anxiety over my guilt and fears.

Lady, good call with the AA for digestion. I used to call us the Poop Club or something like that, and April had a good one, but I forgot what it was. Either way, we ARE therapy for each other. I would have never thought that a few people who I've never met or spoken to and who I don't know their real or full names could help me so much and I could become so attached to. As far as your rib, when I was going through my months of digestion trouble, I spent hours and hours every day researching every ailment there is for digestion and I don't remember reading anything about ribs or broken ribs. I bet you broke yours when you had the cold or flu. That is very common and very easy to do. However, gas and bloating come with thousands of digestive ailments and can come from your upper digestive track near your throat all the way down to the other end. Its not considered serious. So try not to worry. I had it and so did almost everyone on this post. Hang in there....

Athleet
Athleet, I think you're thinking what Smilie called us at one point; the Gastro cheering section and Best Internet Friends Forever.
Sorry I haven't been too good of company this week. I think the stress over the last year and a half has finally caught up to me. My husband talked to me the other night and said he was concerned about me because I've been crying a lot and super sensitive about everything. He thinks I should ask the doctor for something to help me feel better. I'm starting to think maybe I will, just temporarily. We'll see. I have to take my daughter to the doctor today to see how the meds are working with her. I don't think I see much of a difference to tell you the truth. At first she thought she noticed a difference. She seemed calmer, etc. But I think she was just so grateful to be home. She still has a problem with her temper and controlling her emotions. I'm hoping part of this is being a teen and with some maturity, she'll learn to control her emotions better. She has such a good heart. She's just going through such a difficult time right now.
I wrote something on the depression board, if you want to read it. That might show you more how things have been this week for me.
I'm grateful for my Internet friends here. I know you guys care and are praying. I know I'll snap out of this soon. I don't like feeling like this either.

Last Sunday at church was such a God thing! The pastor had been going over the book of John for some time. The week before he was talking about if we lost everything, if we had nothing left, would Jesus be enough? This last Sunday he continued on that thread and asked if anybody had been going through a trial this week. He said there are three realities in the midst of our fear:

1. He sees me in the darkness
Psalm 139:2-3, 11-12
Duet. 2:7

2. He tests us in the storm -

who we're becoming
James 1:2-4
1 Peter 1:6-9
1 Peter 5:10-11

-regarding who He is
Hebrews 12:1-3

3. He accompanies us in the call (in other words - He walks with us)
1 Thess. 5:24
Philipians 1:6
Psalm 23:4
Jude 24-25

After the service, I turned to my husband and said "Was that message for us or what?" It's exactly what we were going through and it was exactly what we needed to hear. It impacted me so much I bought the cd for last week and the week before. It was just so powerful, I had to share with you guys. God's timing is so perfect! He gave us that message at exactly the time we needed it, not too soon or too late. Next week, the pastor will be gone on a mission's trip and we'll have someone filling in the next two weeks, so we won't pick up on the chapter of John until he comes back. This was exactly when we needed to hear it! God is so good. Everytime I think things are so dark and I can't take much more, He gives me little glimpses of light and hope. I know that God has good plans for my daughter and everyone in my family. I know He'll get us through the hard times and teach us something in the process.
I just wanted to share this with you. It may not impact you as much as it did me, but I thought it was pretty powerful.
I hope you all are well. Stay in touch. God bless.
April
Oh yeah, you were probably wondering why I was talking about the book of John when I didn't mention which part we were in! The pastor's topic last week was "Facing Our Fear" John 6:16-24
That's your Bible lesson for this week, everyone! :)
Hi you two! This one's for you - read it and remember - it's true. EBJB

He will help us to live in peace.
He is the staff of life.
Let us share our lives with Him,
Share our thoughts, He will listen.
Together we can find what our souls seek.

Let us live in accord with Him.
Trust Him and fear not.
We need never feel alone.
Reach out to Him.
Love and be loved.

With Him we will find perception,
Our opinions respected and valued,
Our kindness and sincerity appreciated,
Our intentions understood,
Our sins forgiven.

Let us unite with Him in life.
He will be with us always
To ease our burdens and share our joys.
We live, the Son of God lives,
Let us live, in peace, together.

To Canes-  How'd it go? Did you have the twilight sleep or anestesia?  Did you use the EZ-prep stuff from the drug store or did you have a doc that wanted you to drink that horrible "go lightly" ?  LOL...whoever came up with that name must have been a real jokester...  Can't wait to hear from ya.

To April--Your words of praise and hope always bring a loving and joyful tear to my eye April and it is much appreciated.  God is there for us all, regardless of our religious or spiritual background or whether we are in the dark or the light.   I take comfort in that.  Your daughter sounds alot like my daughter if I'm reading between the lines correctly.  My youngest is almost 14.  OMG!  What a troublesome age!   Explosive temper, disrespect, just a generally bad attitude.  But there are occasions when she is the little girl I raised, kind, gentle, loving and the most pleasant and delightful person I've ever met.  She has had it rough for the last year, she is currently in basically a reform school, court ordered and wont get to come home till May.  I miss her terribly, but I think the school has done wonders for her..its a very reputable and caring school, and I love their philosophy.  They basically teach parents how to "out manipulate" their teenagers.  LOL.   It works!  I do feel for you however, I know what its like to have your child look you in the eye and scream at you like your some kind of disobediant animal.  I will share with you some humor that might make you laugh or get angry seeing the truth in it...LOL
I call teenagers creatures....right in line with snakes, spiders and rats.  Creatures that are there, God created em for reasons unknown, but they're here whether we like it or not.  The reason teenagers, (particularly girls--I have 2) are so hard to deal with is at age 13 they develop (along with boobs) one of 2 seperate diseases,  PHC or Paris Hilton Complex or NRS, Nicole Ritchie Syndrome. Symptoms include yelling, cursing, explosive temper tantrums, a sense of "for me", a sense of "I want", a lot of "I don't care", these particular symptoms require outside stimuli....usually when a parents says the word "NO".   There will be occasional bouts of guilt, sadness, and jovial happiness(usually after you've siad the word "YES"), only to be disrupted by more of the self serving attitudes we parents know so well.  Both show symptoms of each other so its hard to get an accurate diagnosis on without further study.  My daughter has both.

I don't want to offend you April or make light of your situation, just thought you could use a laugh and some insight of experience.

You mentioned your daughter was on medication, so is mine.  The doctor at the school has dignosed her with Bi-polar disorder because I am bi-polar and family history plays a role in that, however, if my daughter is bi-polar, so is every teenager in our community because the parents all tell me the same stories.  She is no different than any other kid here, I just didnt put up with it and she is in reform school.  That may soudn harsh fellas, but believe me, when your kid is punching walls and cursing you out and trying to run away and failing school to boot, a parent will do whatever they can to get their baby back, even if it means sending them away to do it.  I hope everything will work out for you and your daughter....everything happens for a reason.

To Athleet---Those are some funny little names you fellas have come up with for this little group of people that have found each other due to "bowel" problems.  It's good to know you guys are out there and experiencing the same things I am.  Thank you Athleet for the encouragement.

So when you guys had your colonoscopy what kind of prep did you use?  Was there cramping?  I dont think I could stand cramps.  I have diverticulosis and have had a bout with that and OMG, I thought I would die...and I kinda remember the colonoscopy I had at that time too...I remember feeling some pain, not really really bad but I remember it.  I am currently scheduled to have the ttwilight sleep, if I can remember it should I ask for anestesia?  I had a dream my doc was angry about something and was getting ready to do my scope.  I had this horrible feeling it was me who had angered him so I was afraid he was gonna hurt me and I kept backtracking and apologizing to him lookin for affirmation he was no longer angry...it wasn't working and I was getting more and more frightened...finally I woke up...thank God, just before he began.  What a dream!   This is, I guess, bothering me more than I thought.  My husband doesnt want me to even have it done.  He keeps saying stuff like he doesnt know what he would do without me and he can't live without me and stuff like that.  I have read everything I can about it and I know its safe and I should have it with my history but I am still freaked out, and dreaming about it too.  I can't wait till it's over.
First of all, welcome to the people that have decided to trust us enough to read our thread and respond to it. Kind of makes us feel like our contributions on here have really made a difference in not only our lives, but yours.

Little did I know or realize that this would really turn into a Gastro Cheerleading Team. Yeah, we all have your gastro issues, but who doesn't have them at least once in their lifetime? We do not live in a stress-free society, so that contributes to the medical issues; yes, the gastro stuff.

I started this blog because of my concerns and fears and didn't want to always be a pain in the "***" to my family. They have their own issues to deal with. It's great to be young and think that life can go on forever. I thought that too. I didn't have a lot of aches and pains when I was younger. It wouldn't have mattered though if I did...I had three children to raise (by myself)  and my focus was on them. So, now when I have a medical issue, it concerns me as my body is definitely changing as I get older and my previous eating habits are coming back to haunt me.

Sometimes we don't have control over our medical history that we inherit, but do have control over the things we eat...so as I age, I do try to eat healthier and exercise more.

God brought us all together as "one" and helped us to see our needs in a new way. And that is that we really need HIM!!!! He knew that we needed some outside help (other than our family) and He guided us here to love and help one another.

I have to cut this short and will get back to you guys later....got to go to class....

I miss everybody on here, even the new ones and will write more later,

Everybody have a wonderful day.

April, I will try to get on that website again.

Athleet, Hang in there.

Eb, Again thanks for that website. I can't stop watching it.

Smilie
Hey LadyV, thanks for sharing! Yes, it's been a challenging couple of last years. And you're right, I think girls are so much worse! I have a 19 year old son that didn't give me this much grief.
Well, my daughter never punched any holes in the walls, lol, but she was running away a lot last year. Last year was the worst. I think she's gone through the worst of things. A lot of her problems stemmed from being with the wrong crowd and trying to fit in. She also struggled with depression for some time. I probably should have put her in a reform school last year, lol. No seriously, I thought about putting her in a Christian boarding school but it was terribly expensive. I worried about her constantly. I had to watch her closely (and that gets exhausting after awhile). She was self-harming and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I needed more help than we were able to handle. I struggled to understand but it was hard. She was bullied and picked on a lot in middle school and that really hurt her self-esteem. Then she made a friend last year that really brought her down. This girl was into some pretty dark things and a pretty bad cutter. It scared us how much influence she had on her. We finally told her she was not allowed to call our house anymore or contact our daughter after we heard she cursed at a teacher and ran out of the classroom. They moved her out of the school, which I'm glad. Now my daughter doesn't see her anymore. However, her grades suffered terribly last year and she failed two subjects, she also failed one subject this last semester so I think she'll have to take an extra year to graduate or she won't have enough credits.
Like you, I still see glimpses of my little girl come out sometimes. She's doing better day by day. She's very strong willed so she tends to have to learn things the hard way which only causes her pain and us too. But I think she's learned a lot this last year. She's talking to me more and telling me more. She used to lie to me. I don't think she's doing it so much anymore. As she's told her friends, she's tired of getting in trouble all the time and doesn't want any more counseling, lol! She's never cursed at me. I think she knows better! But she has said some very hurtful things like that she hates me. I know she doesn't really mean it. I keep thinking, she'll grow up and will be ashamed of how she acted! With some maturity, she'll learn how much I love her and how much I sacrficed for her.
I honestly think she would not have gotten like this or picked up on so much if I would have pulled her out and homeschooled her a long time ago and got her away from these bad influences. She's been such a follower! She wanted to fit in and be accepted so bad. Her peers meant everything to her. I think she's stronger, though. We've come a long ways. It's just been an exhausting journey. I know God is with us, though. He's been so faithful. I know He'll get us through all of this.
It sounds like you've had a rough time too. If you ever want to talk, I'm usually on here every day. If you update your profile, you can send and receive private messaging.
Thanks for writing. It does help, I think, to know there are other parents of teens who are in simular situations. We can do the absolute best and our kids can still rebel. I always blamed myself for everything but I try to remember that she's her own person and makes her own decisions even if they're bad ones. She knows right from wrong. I talk to her all the time. Sometimes I wonder if it's going in one ear and out the other! But I remember the scripture in Proverbs that if we train up a child in the way he/she should go, they will not depart from it. Even if they stray for awhile, I believe they come back to the foundation they were raised on.

I don't remember the name of the stuff they gave me to clean me out but they're all basically do the same thing! I don't remember getting crampy but I did have to stay near the bathroom. I did pretty well the first half of the stuff, then it got harder and harder to drink, but I did it! And if I can do it, so can you.
Please try and not worry. Colonoscopies are pretty standard. I can honestly tell you I've never, ever heard of any one dying after getting one done! They don't put you completely under, so it's safer than regular surgery. It's a light sedation. It's over pretty  quickly and you won't remember anything. I know it's scary to think of all the worst case scenarios, but my Gastro said that complication, like perforation happens in 1 to 2%. It's very, very rare. Just pray and have others pray for you. You'll be fine. When are you getting it done again and why? You know it's always better to get these tests done and stay on top of things so that you CAN live a long, healthy life.
Take care. Let us know how you're doing. God bless.
Here's an interesting little tidbit. I saw my GI doc today to go over my colonoscopy/endoscopy results today and now they're wondering if I really do have Crohns?? He said that even though the first biopsy from my surgery last August showed high probability of Crohns that this last biopsy of the ulcers didn't show it. He did say I could still have it and it's just in remission right now and that's why it didn't show up. Or the ulcers and inflamation (inflammation) could be from something else like an infection or something. In any case, the treatment is still the same. I have to take the Entocort to heal the inflamation (inflammation) and ulcers. He wants to see me in three months or sooner if I have stomach pain again. And if everything goes well, and I don't have any pain or problems then I can wait up to 5 years to have my next colonoscopy! Yea!! I'm ok with that! :)

Thanks guys, for being there for me and all the prayers. You don't know what that means to me, really. I love you all! Let's make the effort to stay in touch.
Wouldn't it be neat if we could all meet someday? I had a dream the other night that we all met each other on some talk show or something. lol! Wouldn't that be something! Take care everyone and God bless you, each and every one!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!  I am so happy for you.  I am glad to hear that you wont have to do the colonoscopy again for awhile!  I bet you are elated as well.   I have mine this Friday.  I guess i will go tomorrow or Tuesday to get the EZ-prep.  It's jsut 2 small bottles of some phospha soda, which make me think of soda pop but I am sure it doesnt taste the same.  LOL  I am trying not to worry about it, but I swear, I have never been so scared and worried...even when I had my gall bladder removed or my hysterectomy I wasn't this scared.  It might be because of the pain.  I remember one instance of the pain the last time.  EXCRUCIATING!  But then it quickly fades from my memory.  But a bout 6 years ago with the colitis was the worste thing I have ever had to endure...nothing like it let me tell you.  So maybe that's why I am so scared and worried...just sensitve to the pain issue..if they don't give me enough of the memory loss happy drug.   My doctor wants me to have this colonoscopy as a precaution really...screening.   My mother died at age 55 from Carcinoid Carcinoma of the Liver....it was a very long dormant cancer (usually 10 years or longer) and it had come from somewhere else, which they never found.  My doctor said that metastisized cancer typically comes from the colon.  Mom had never had a colonoscopy.   So I turn 40 this year.  He and I just want to make sure their isn't anything in there growing.  For piece of mind more than anything else.  I've considered backing out however because I am so scared.  I think I am more scared of the prep....I am afraid of cramping, I can't tolerate pain and intestinal pain has no match.
I'm kinda afraid of the chemical in the prep also...like I may be allergic or something...I know it sounds silly.  I don't take anything new...I hate to take anything that I haven't taken before...even headaches have to be blinding before I will take a tylenol!  lol

I'm sure everything will be fine, I just need to pray and have you guys pray for me too!  Please pray for my piece of mind and a safe procedure.

I will update my profile and if you wanna talk about your daughter or how your doing through all this feel free to pm or something.   My daughter is such a good at heart kid.  She too got involved with the wrong kids and unfortunately she is the one who wound up in reform school.  I don't know what state you live in April but I will tell you from my own experience,  avoid getting the state child social services involved at all cost.   I also raised her by myself until my husband and I met.  And for the first 4 years of our marriage, my daughter was fine, no rebellion, no disrespect, none of the problems she went to that school for.  It was a sudden change that seemed to start with a middleschool, a new house, and puberty.

But like you, I felt like she needed more help than I could offer, more help than I knew how to provide.  Therapy and conseling wasn't working and she seemed to be spiraling out of control.  She didnt fail 1 or 2 classes, she failed them all!  The teachers said she was perfectly capable of doing the work and passing, she just simply refused to.  So with tears in my eyes I filed an encourageable petition against her, as did the school.  That put the ball in motion for the school but it also put her in state's custody until she completes the program.  They, state child service workers, start out sounding like they really want to help, and they end up blaming the parent for everything.  If your a single mom, you've had too many men in and out of your bedroom and their lives, if your married, then you have paid too much attention to your husband and not enough to the child, if that's not true then your parenting wasn't what it should be...IT'S ALL BULL****!!!!   I was a single mother while she was small, only involved with her father until he left, then no one at all till I met my husband.  So they couldn't say I was permiscuous.  She was good for the first 4 years I was married and we did alot of family stuff and she bonded with my husband, so they couldnt say I paid more attention to him...all they could fault was my parenting.... I even had a social worker tell me that no woman should ever allow even the father to enforce a punishment, even grounding, unless the mother is present.  If that were true, there isn't one mother out there that's parenting correctly if she ever leaves a kid at home with Dad while she goes grocery shopping!!!!!!   Let me tell you, I have been questioned, investigated for neglect, (while mind you, because of parental rights, her absentee father of 8 years is offered reimbursement for hotel and bus fees if he wants to go visit her!--AND HE OWES $65,000 IN BACK CHILD SUPPORT!!!!!) I have just generally been put through the ringers because the state thinks it's my fault my daughter is acting up.  I don't drink, I don't smoke, I'm a very spritual person, I'm a good, loving, nurturing mom who cares about her kids...I called THEM for help for her for goodness sakes!  But yet I get blamed.  

When we parents get our backs up against a wall and are at our wits end with our children, we will do anything to help them.  I suppose even undergo the humiliation and villification that certain state agencies put you through.  It almost always seems easy when they explain how it works and there are always more people involved than just the facility or school personell you might put her in.  There's usually a whole treatment team, consisting of an attorney, a judge, school family coordinator, school case manager, probation officers, parents and last and most invasive of all youth service workers.  It seems they are the only ones that seem to think the kid is NOT responsible and that the blame lies on the parent.   Sometimes, I think the longer they carry out "investigations" and scrutinize the parents, and keep the kid in state's custody, the more money they get.

I know there are parents out there that bed hop and allow their kids to witness it.  I know there are parents out there that beat their children.  I know there are parents out there that truly neglect their children.  I know there are parents out there that would rather do drugs and dont love or care for their kids and could care less where their child is or what they are doing......I am not one of those parents.     But the state sure tries to make me fit that mold because it would explain my daughters bad behavior.  Don't fall into that self-blame April because if you get the state social services department involved they will do that for you.   Good Luck.
Oh wow, how scary is that? Yeah, I never trust the government to get involved. It was hard enough and scary enough to take her to the mental health hospital. She had to be there for a mandatory 72 hours. There was no backing out once the ball was set in motion. She had to stay at least 72 hours. I didn't really like that at all. I mean, I'm her parent. I should be able to say I want to pick her up earlier than that, you know? But it was for the best, I think. It really opened her eyes up. But boy, oh boy, that was the hardest thing I've ever done.
You poor thing. You sure have gone through a lot yourself. Do you get to at least have contact with her? Are you allowed to call or write? I will definately be praying that she won't be brainwashed. I will pray that God will protect her mind and spirit.
You sound like a very caring mom who wants the best for her child. I hope this time will go by fast for you. I hope it goes by fast for me too! :) Sometimes I wish we could just jump over these difficult years and get them to adulthood. If you ever need to talk or have someone to pray with, I'm here! Also, if you would like the name of an Internet Christian prayer site that I visit a lot, I'll give that site name to you. Can't hurt to have as many prayers as possible!

Please try to not worry about the colonsocpy. Now I remember the name of the drink! It was the EZ Prep! It's not too bad of a taste. It has a slight lemon taste to it. I didn't experience any cramping, just had to run to the toilet as soon as the drink hit! It's just for one night. It's not so bad. There is no pain. Don't worry. I know we tend to build things up in our minds so much! And it's never as bad as we let our imaginations see it! Just remember that! Once I got there, they had me lay down on a hospital bed and covered me with a blanket and I had a pillow under my head. I was ready to fall asleep before they even gave me any meds! It was early in the morning. I'm not a morning person to begin with, lol.
It would seem wise and prudent for you to get this done considering your family history. The waiting is the worst. Don't let your imagination run wild. Just find some scriptures that will give you comfort and pray. I'll try and find some for you too. When do you get this done again? Let me know.
Take care. Good to hear from you. Keep in touch! God bless!
Smilie, Ebjb, Athleet....Where are you guys???!!! I haven't heard from you guys in days! Do you realize we were on page 5??!! What, have you forgotten your gastro family now? Are you too good for us now?? Just kidding! :) But I do miss you guys. I don't want us to forget each other. We've come too far to just forget each other now, don't you think? Is everyone ok? Please write back! I miss you all!! :(
Hope to hear from you guys soon! I pray you had a blessed weekend and that God's blessings will continue to shower over you all. Peace!
Yo April, I'm here. Thanks for asking! I've been reading what you and Lady are writing about your daughters and you're scaring me to death! My little girl is about to turn 9. She is the love of my life as is my 6 year old son. Like I've said before, they are the reason I'm still alive. Now I wonder how I'm going to keep my little girl from going through what your daughters are going through. Any advice?

Lady, I've had 2 surgeries and numberous procedures in the last 2 years and the colonoscopy was one of the easiest. I had to drink something called Fleet. I had to have 2 rounds because my procedure was in the late afternoon. So they had me take one round the night before and another round the day of. Yes, I spent a lot of time on the toilet and I was very hungry and weak. But the doctor thanked me for doing such a good job of cleaning out my system so he could see everything. The procedure for me was 100% painless during and afterwards. I would have never known anyone was down or up me (I also had an endo at the same time). I also lost weight and was nice and clean from the Fleet. Don't worry if you don't end with clear fluids coming out of you. That's normal. As long as it gets more transparent as you get closer to the end. I was so happy to hear that I didn't have anything and didn't even have a polyp, that now I plan to have colons reguarly so that if anything ever does develop it will be so small we can get rid of it before it turns into something. So please stop worrying. Your worry is the worst thing that will happen.

Ok that's all I have for now. April, now you need to shout out at Smilie and Eb!

Athleet
Hey,

I'm here, guys. Just been dealing with a lot of personal issues. I'm getting ready to put my house on the market to sell. It's kind of scary. My daughter that lives with me is moving to Dallas the end of May for a fresh beginning. (Remember my son live in Dallas)So that leaves me in this big house all by my lonesome. I decided that I no longer need all of this space so on the market it goes. It's just a house....yeah, memories are here, but we can create some new ones. The way I look at life these days is...all the material things around me is just stuff, and that's it. Why do I need to have all of this around me..when I really want to be free of all the maintenance and upkeep?  Like a teacher friend of mine said a couple of weeks ago, Life is like the game, Monopoly....you start off taking all the pieces out of the box, buying as many properties that you can and then one day have to put everything back into the box.  Makes sense to me. It's time for me to get really involved in life and ask God what can I do for Him. He;s done so much for me and my family.

Anyway, this is for  ladyvalkerie....please don't be scared of the colonoscopy. The drink is the worst part of the whole darn thing. The procedure was over before I knew it. I did have a polyp and everyone here on the thread prayed for me. I never felt scared during or after the procedure....I was concerned when the doc said that I had a polyp. It turned out to be nothing. It was benign. A lot of them are, I've been told. But since you are on here with us now, you know all too well that we are a bunch of worry warts (especially Athleet and myself) EBJB, Greg And April have really kept us all together and sane. Yes, that's right. So, just take a day at a time and know that lots of prayers get answered here. We are known as the "Gastro Cheerlading Team"

I will also pray for you and your family. April knows that I had some issues with my daughter while she was growing up. Believe me, it will pass. My daughter couldn't be more loving now. I know that it doesn't help while you're going through issues with your kids, but with everyone on here praying...it will help. Just hang in there and let us know how the colonoscopy goes.

To everyone else............I love you guys and apologize for not being on here as much, but also dealing with personal issues like everybody else and don't want to whine on everybody's shoulders at this point. I know you all are here to listen to me. But I'm definitely having some "holy' moments right now and trying to dedicate some time to being in the stillness of life. Hope that makes sense. But all in all, I will try to write more often.

Smilie

Hi All,
There's a movie, I think it's called "The Good Mother," with Diane Keaton in it, about a mom who was divorced and met a new man, and while home life was good, the ex jumped in, and all hell broke loose.

I had a tough time in my teens, hormones made me crazy, almost wound up in reform school.  Looking back, perhaps it would have helped me, I don't know.  But in today's times, with the danger of drugs, putting a child in a different environment might be okay, at least a good psychologist for them is key.

I had to sell a home that I lived in for 20 years.  Since it was emotionally hard for me, I suppose I could offer a couple tips.  There are unconscious anger issues involved in such things, so it's a good idea to get in touch with those feelings NOW, gotta get it out in a real big way.  A move during hardship is not like any other move, so unpack and settle completely and rapidly, hire help beyond just movers to keep the yard up and to clean in the beginning, and make sure you have plenty of money left in the bank, and I mean plenty.
GG
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I originally purchased the home with my ex-husband ten years ago. I have had to do so many renovations to it. I think I could have purchased a new home for about the same amount.

Anyway, it's time to let go and get on to something better in life. I feel like I have a ball and chain attached when it comes to that house. Even though I would really like to be finished with the house itself, maybe it's not finished with me. You know what I mean? I feel as if I had someone that could keep up with the day-to-day maintenance on it, things would not have gotten out of hand. But with me working so much and all, it's been tough. My daughter has her hands full, taking care of a baby....she really tries to help keep some order in the house. Her husband works all day and the goes to school. So, in essence, my house is more like a hotel with a revolving door.

I remember when I was young and had no attachments in life, other than to take care of myself...boy, those were the days. Don't get me wrong...I love my children. I couldn't imagine life without them. But to be carefree again and not have the responsibilities of making sure the lawn was done, cleaning the pool, making repairs to plumbing, electric, and other items in the house..........GOD FORGIVE ME. here I am complaining about all the abundance that you;'ve given me.......I am so BLESSED to have all the stuff that I have, but it's just stuff. I can live without all of that, but not my family.

G, when you said, unconscious anger issues, what did you mean by that????? Did I just describe that?

A move is a hardship. I need to take one step at a time. I want to get past all of this one day at a time. I'm just spending entirely too much money on upkeep that I could be saving for retirement and whatnot.

That's my beef for the day...........how are you feeling these days? You always give such great advice to people on this site. Sometimes I'm reading through and see your name on several posts.

It's a Godsend that you take time out and listen to all of our complaints...and then offer some free, much needed (and always wanted) advice.

Whew....I'm really relying on a lot of people to assist me in getting my house sold. I'm going to take a giant leap of faith and see where life will take me....

Take care of yourself and chime in anytime,

Smilie
April,

How's the hearburn lately?  Have you found anything that would calm it down in addition to a different diet?  I'm been getting it a lot lately as well. I carry Tums around all day in case it flares up. And I take Aciphex once a day. I suppose that I'll be on some type of medicine for this the rest of my life. You might have to do the same.

How is your daughter doing? I wanted to ask you about her schoolwork. Has she made decent grades in school this year? I know that when kids  are causing concerns at home, that usually their grades suffer. Do you get to spend quality time with her on a regular basis???? I know it's difficult at times to do that, but in the end it will be beneficial.  I believe that children are sent here, not only for us to learn from the experience of raising them, but they are also a mirror image of us at some point in our lives. We don't want to admit it, but they are.

Let me know how things are, okay?

Athleet,

Hey, how are you doing these days???? haven't heard too much from you and wanted you to know that I have thought a lot about you and the guilt that you're going through. I will get to that in a pm to you.

I wanted to talk to you about your vertigo....What kind of symptoms did you have and how was it diagnosed??? Boy, if it's not one thing,it's another. Anyway, I feel lightheaded and dizzy, had an ekg and everything is fine. BP is and pulse are normal. I feel dazed and stumble a little bit. It feels like my head and eyes are going one way and my body another. Can you enlighten me on what was happening to you........

Thx,

Smilie

Sorry guys I haven't been on - had some more health issues - if you remember I also had a cystoscopy as well as a colonoscopy in the same week. The cystoscopy showed a tube into my bladder was narrowed and they stretched it which alleviated the pain I had been having in the mornings when I woke up. However the pain is back so I guess I will have to go through it all again - not getting much sleep. I have also had some severe shoulder pain for about 10 days and had to have a Cortisone Injection into my shoulder on Tuesday which was really sore and I'm not sure if it has helped as much as I thought it would. I have to go back a week on Tuesday to see if I need another injection. That pain is stopping me from sleeping too so I'm feeling a bit miserable with all these pains.

Anyway, enough of my problems.

Ladyvalkerie - I will be praying for you Friday that you don't suffer any pain during the prep for your colonoscopy and that you don't remember anything about it. I will pray even more that your results are clear. We will all be with you in spirit as we were for each other during our colonoscopies - do as we did and think of all the love and caring we have for each other.

Athleet - how are you? Hope you have got to the stage of forgiving yourself - sometimes we just have to forgive ourselves for the sins we commit before we realise that God already forgave us!

April - I hope things are better for your daughter and also for Lady Valkerie's daughter. Ggreg gave you what it was like for her as a teenager and she's turned out OK so things will change once the hormones settle down for your girls I'm sure.

Smilie - have you had your eyes tested - if you need (new) glasses, sometimes that can make you feel dizzy but also having your eyes tested can check out other things too. Worth a try if you haven't already done that. Hope you feel better soon.

Everybody - sorry must go - finding it hard to type with my shoulder being so sore - when I reach out my shoulder aches. Even if I'm not on the forum be assured I am thinking of you all and praying for you all. Lots of love to you all.

EBJB
EBJB, it's so good to hear from you again! I had wondered what happened to you. I'm so sorry about all that you're going through. I sure hope they can get you to feeling good in no time. You're in my prayers!
Smilie, I'm sorry you're going through a rough time too. Remember, we're all here for each other. Maybe this move will be a good thing. A new, fresh start. I'll be praying for you too.
LadyV, I'll be praying for you tomorrow. Let us know how you're doing.
Ggregg, Thanks for sharing your story. It does help to remember that the teenage years don't last forever and there is hope! :)

Athleet, please don't worry needlessly about your daughter. Take all this with a grain of salt and remember that each child is different. And consider this a good thing. Hearing all our stories will make you more aware of what's out there so you can better protect and watch out for your daughter! When I look back, I realize that God tried to warn me so many times on different things going on with my daughter but I was too blind. I was so niave and trusting. I never believed this could happen to my family. Well, it can. It can happen to anyone. Just stay on top of things. Always know her friends and where she's going. Put a moniter on your computer, if you don't have one yet. We use SpectorSoft. It was the best $100 we ever spent. It moniters everything, every email, every website visited, everything. I think every parent should have one. Our kids know we have it too. We haven't tried to hide it. And I let my daughter have a Myspace only with us knowing her password and being allowed to check it whenever we want. You have to really watch that Myspace! And when your daughter's a teen, you can always come back to us for advice because we will have been through all that already! One more thing that's really important. Be a good dad to her. Try and spend one on one time with her often and talk to her a lot. That's the most important thing!

Take care everybody and keep in touch! If anybody's going through a hard time, just remember that we're all here for each other. God bless you, my friends.
Not much time, just checking in.
Smilie: My dizziness didn't involve lightheadedness. It only occurs when I move my head, turn around, or watch spinning things. Dizziness is the #2 most common reason for seeing a doctor. 50% never know why they have it. Its very hard to diagnose. You have to undergo a billion tests on a billion different parts of your body, as dizziness can come from just about any part of your body. It could be as simple as a low iron count. A blood test will find that. It could be in your eyes, your ears, your brain, your neck, your blood pressure, your heart, your legs. It took me 2 years, thousands of drugs, doctors, tests to finally find that I have a damaged inner ear that cannot be operated on. In other words, I have it for life. Losing your balance is a cue. What other symptoms do you have?

April, thanks for the advice regarding my daughter. I really want to know what signs your daughter gave you, and why you didn't see them. I work so many hours that I only see my kids for a few minutes per day sometimes. I try to spend time with them, but my job is really demanding.

Eb, I'm sorry your not feeling well. Darn shoulder!

All, I'm doing a little better on my guilt and shame. I pray to God everyday to ease my anxiety over it. It helps that I havent been harassed since Feb. 19th. And I've avoided temptations. In other words I've been good and plan to stay that way.

Still having stomach aches, need to see a gastro about it. Even though they aren't as bad as when I had my GB, they are still happening.

Gotta go, gonna snow
Athleet
I'm glad things are looking up for you, Athleet.
As to the signs, if you see your child pulling away more, shutting themselves off in their rooms for hours at a time, getting more moody, no longer willing to talk or have family time, outbursts of anger, secretiveness, hiding things, falling grades, these are all warning flags. While it is normal for a teen to want to spend more time alone or with friends, you shouldn't see that drastic of a change in their moods. I hope that helps. The most important thing is to involve them in wholesome activities, sports, church groups, etc., and spend quality time with each child.
I gotta go to. Take care, all. Talk to you later!
Is it the end of an era? We were buried again on the 3rd or 4th page and the last posts were from April and myself dated March 7th. Where has everyone gone?
Hey, you guys....

Athleet,

Well, I've been sick with sinus pressure and a bad cough from the drainage. I feel like I have cabin pressure from being on a plane. When I walk I feel like my equilibrium is off. It makes my eyes hurt and sometimes I'm a little dizzy. I told my doctor about this awhile back, but he said I just have a sinus infection. I'm not going to take a lot of antibiotics for things anymore. I'm not sure what it is. My ears hurt a lot and it feels like I'm just coasting through the day most of the time. It lasts for about a month or so and then goes away. You know that living here on the Gulf Coast we have a lost of humidity and moisture in the air. We also have a lot of pollen in the air as well and I have been coughing all week with a sore throat. I took a trip to Dallas last weekend and was fine. Then the closer that I got to Houston I started getting sick. I'm sure that I have allergies... and have been taking my apple cidar vinegar and it helps......need some other type of alternative medicine, as I'm tired of taking antibiotics.

Anyway, I guess I should go to an ear, nose and throat doc to see if he can find anything that's been causing it. I did go about six months ago and he said that my ears looked clear. Go figure.

I'm okay when I lie down......it alleviates the pressure. I feel like when I have it, I can't make logical decisions......I don't know.

Are you having some issues with your daughter???? April knows that I had a lot of issues with my daughter. Let me ask you this....do you and your wife argue in front of your children or are you affectionate towards each other and letting your children see how much you care for each other?????? I'll address that when you answer me....

April,

How are you feeling?  And how is your daughter????????  Please pray for me, as I pray for all of us everyday that we continue to reach out to each other no matter the situation or circumstances....

EB,

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.......are you able to use it yet?  Does the weather make it hurt worse when it's gloomy outside??????  What else have you been up to?

WE ARE STILL THE NUMBER 1 "GASTRO CHEERLEADING TEAM"

Love you guys,

Smilie
Sounds like you have clogged eustacian tubes or eustacian tube disfunction. That's when the canals that flow into your ear get clogged. Those help us with balance, and when they are thrown off you get dizzy, lightheaded, foggy, depressed, etc.. one or both ears can have it. Get it checked as soon as you can by an ENT. The longer you wait the more the fluid will become infected and lead to more problems. Don't be scared, it's not serious.

I'd say my wife and I do both. We argue, but not too bad or violent and we're affectionate, but not too affectionate in front of the kids. I was raised in a very violent home and also a very unaffectionate home. It's hard not to argue in front of the kids, they are always there and we don't start argueing, it just leads to it, and when we realize what's happening we stop. Its never screaming or anything, just voices starting to raise before we cut ourselves off.

I'm glad you returned, I was getting very close to giving up on you guys.

Athleet
Hi guys! Sorry haven't been around for a while - so busy. Just wanted to let you know I think of you all often and pray for you all often also. I get the results of my colonoscopy this coming Wednesdy (26th) so will let you know - although they have told me I shouldn't be worried or they would have been in touch with me before this. Still having problems with my shoulder and my bladder problem has returned, so I'm falling apart!

Going away for Easter weekend to a place called Dumfries - only about a 2 hour drive from here - there is a Rock n' Roll Tribute night on Saturday night in an hotel there so we'll have dinner, enjoy the cabaret/dance (and some drinks), stay over and go to a church in Dumfries on Easter Sunday morning.

I wish you all a happy and blessed Easter and send you lots of love and hugs X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0X0
Eb, glad to at least hear from you. Hey, I'm really into rock so please when you get the chance, let me know all about that tribute concert you went to. What bands did they pay tribute too? Do you guys have the same Easter traditions as us? Easter bunny, Easter eggs, candy?
Let me know
Yes I'll let you know but if you google Vince Hughes you'll see all about him!  Yes, we have the same Easter traditions as you. The kids love the Easter egg hunt and we have the Easter bunny, Easter eggs, etc etc.

Hope you are well. Will get in touch when I get back. Take care and have a very happy Easter. Lotsaluv

Eb
Athleet,
Arguing is partly a power play and partly insecurity about whether a spouse loves the other.  But mostly it has to do with each individual's stresses in life.  Therefore, my prescription to you, if you want to cash it in, is most weekends take your wife with you for a long walk.  

This does several things at one time:  Walking relaxes a person, so the stresses of the week fall away.  And it sort of puts you into a hypnotic rhythm, which opens up free-style talk about all sorts of stuff that's stuck inside.  It also gives fresh air, trees, and nature first place, and thus grounds a person, making one feel more self-confident and real.  And with someone at your side instead of "in your face," that position alone takes away the adversarial pose.  Lastly, walking releases endorphins, the feel-good hormone, and you can't get mad when you feel good.

Jesus walked everywhere.
GG
Hi everybody! I hope you all are well. I've been busy the last two weeks with watching a couple of kids. But I'm finally making some money! I'm going to just save, save, save and then start paying off our debt. I haven't forgotten any of you! I hope we will still stay in touch from time to time.
Athleet, if you're comfortable with it, give me your email address. I've got smilies and eb's. Is your wife ok with you having female friends? I wouldn't want to cause any trouble, of course. :) I just wanted everyone's email addresses so we can stay in touch away from this site too.

I wish you all a wonderful, blessed Easter! As we take this time to reflect on Christ's sacrifice and love for us, may it give us new hope and new beginnings!  
HAPPY EASTER!!
Athleet,

Gail has a point about taking your wife out for a walk. That really helps me when I'm struggling with life's and it's issues. A walk really never hurt anyone. I think we all forget that we had to walk first in life before we could run and do all the other things that we do. Walking is the best exercise for people.

I know what you mean about your childhood. Mine wasn't all so great either. My mom left us when we were all small. My father raised us as well as he could. I know it was a struggle for him. In the end, it really affected me in all areas of my life. I have really made some bad choices (but am better because of those). It sounds like you really care and respect your wife. And look at all the things she's done for you. We women are really forgiving about a lot of things. Sounds like she is too. Love her for the wonderful person she is and also because she was your wife first, then the mother of your children. Temptation is always going to be out there.........Have FAITH  God and just say to yourself everyday that God's way is better than your way. We obviously have a way of doing things in life and if we don't get any better at making the bad choices, we have to go with God's way...it is better than anything we can do on our own.

I really respect you for all of the hard work that you're putting forth in your marriage. It will work out. Just keep on God's path...the path of everlasting life.

Ggreg,

Thanks so much for your message to Athleet. You are one smart cookie!!! How did you get so wise......for me, it's been just geting older. How the heck have you been???? And what are you up to these days?

April,

I sent you a pm....thanks for thinking of me. I pray for you everyday and am so happy you are getting some abundance in your life. We do have it already in our lives, we just have to have the FAITH!!!!!!!

Eb,

Sorry you've been going through so much!!!!  I would love to hold your hand through all of this...even through all the miles we are apart. Just be brave and let us know about your test results.  We are all praying for you. You hang in there. I love reading your messages.

I will be back on tomorrow,

God Bless and Take Care everybody!!!!!

(I'm getting my house ready to sell...lots of work)

Smilie

This is the day the Lord has made  (We are still #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Smilie, I didn't receive a pm from you. Could you perhaps send it again? I don't know what happened but I looked in my inbox and I haven't received a pm since March 19th.

Please keep praying. I had such a good week with my daughter. She actually was grounded this month but that forced us together more. It was almost too good to be true. We had a blow out last night. She acts like she really hates me. I hate this. I cried all night last night. I know I'm not supposed to take this personal but I do. I want a good relationship with her but something always happens that messes things up. Sometimes I wish I could run away all by myself for awhile. I feel sometimes Iike I've lost myself. I've gotten so wrapped up in my daughter and the stress, worries and heartaches over her that I feel like I don't even know who I am anymore. I'm so tired of this. Please keep praying. Thanks.
April
Hi there!  Well I got the results from my colonoscopy (eventually!) this morning. They show indications of Crohns disease and they gave me a letter to take to my doctor to give me medication to take for 3 months and then a month without them to see what happens. I am now awaiting an appointment with the Urology clinic so we'll see what happens there.

On a brighter note, had a great weekend at Dumfries - Rock N' Roll tribute dinner/cabaret/dance - danced until 1.00am !  Went to a church in Dumfries for the Easter service on Sunday morning which was lovely. It was a beautiful sunny (but freezing cold!) morning.

April - thanks for your note! I tried sending one back to you but not sure if you got it - let me know, and if you didn't get it, let me know how you did it! I'm so sorry you are having such problems with your daughter. Sounds like you do need a break to re-charge your batteries but I know that's hard to do when you're a mother. I will keep praying for you and for your daughter that things will get better for you.

Take care all of you, and God Bless you all.

Elsa xx

Hey eb! Great to hear from you. Finally you got a diagnosis! Well, just know that Crohns is treatable. At least you know now what you can do to help. What medications did they give you? They gave me Entocort and Nexium and Flagyl. I'm doing pretty well now. They're going to wean me off the Entocort and all of it, I guess. I go back to see the doc in May and if all's well I won't have to go back unless I start having stomach pain or something!
Thanks for the prayers. Just gotta take one day at a time, right? :)
I did not get a note from you. I don't know why. Could you perhaps send it again? Good to hear from you again and I'm so glad you finally got some news! Take care of yourself and keep in touch. God bless.
Hey guys! I just thought I'd let you know I'm going in tomorrow to get allergy tested. It should be interesting. We shall see!
Where is everybody???!!!

Come on, gang! Let me know how you're doing! I don't want to lose my medhelp buddies! :(

I hope you all are ok. Write once in awhile so I know you're alive! :) Luv ya guys!
April
Hi April,

Hope your allergy testing goes OK. Let me know how you get on.

The medication I got is called Asacol which is brand name of drug called mesalazine .  However when I read the side effects I'm not taking it! Some of the side effects are absolutely awful!  I'm feeling OK at the moment so will leave well alone in the meantime.

Got an appointment to see Urologist again on May 6th - problem that was 'fixed' during cystoscopy (for several weeks) came back again and that's causing me more pain. Don't know which is worse - that morning stomach pain or my shoulder which is still very sore. Falling apart I am !

Anyway, hope the tests go well and you get some answers.

Take care

Lotsaluv

EB x

I sent everyone a note. Where is everybody?? How are you all? Everybody ok? I'd still like to keep in touch. We've all grown so close and shared so much.

EB, I'm glad you finally got your results from the colonoscopy. I hope now that they can treat you correctly and will be feeling better real soon.
As to the allergy testing, they tried to do the kind of testing where they stick you with all these little needles in the back but I broke out with everything. They said I couldn't be allergic to everything so they think because it's allergy season that I'm just super sensitive right now. I did know I got seasonal allergies with all the pollon, etc. So now they want to try it through a blood test. I haven't heard back from them yet.
So, how's the weather out there? Speaking of weather, where's our weatherman?? I tried to send him a message three times and it didn't go through. I'm worried that he canceled his account.

Athleet, I'm hoping you can see this. I just wanted to let you know that I did try to send you a message three different times and it didn't go through. Did you cancel your account? I'm hoping you still come on the site at least and check it once in awhile. I don't know how else to get ahold of you. You've got me worried. Everything ok at your house? I'm praying for you. Please know that God is with you no matter what you go through or how bad things can get. Just rely on Him always.

Smilie, how are you feeling? Everything ok? How's the house selling going? Did you sell it already? I know how busy and stressful it can be to move. You're in my prayers.

Ggregg, I hope you're doing fine too. You always have such good advice for everyone. You've been a real service and help to the people on this site.

God bless you guys!!!! Know I'm thinking about you and praying for you! Please take care and write once in awhile and let me know how you all are doing. I miss you guys and all our talks! Take care.
Your friend,
April

Hello everyone,
  Yes I'm still here. My computer isn't very fast so it takes a while to load you guys up and when I do sometimes I don't see anything new. Also the weather has kept me very very busy. Had a couple of very long days.
  April I never got your messages and I didn't cancel my account so I don't know what's up.
  I'm doing great in terms of my sinful ways. Haven't gone there and don't plan to. I'm still praying every day and I have a saying that I keep repeating to myself.."It feels good to be good." It really has helped my anxiety and guilt.
However, I spent the day in bed yesterday with a serious case of the runs. I continue to have stomach issues so I finally broke down and made an appointment with a gastro. I see him for the 1st time this Wednesday.
That's all I have, hope you are all doing well. I'll keep checking back.
Athleet
Hey! Finally! It's great to hear from you again! I'm glad you're still here.
I'm sorry, though, that you're not feeling well. Let us know what you find out Wednesday, ok?
I don't know what happened either. I tried three times to send you a message and it didn't go through. Weird. I guess I can try it again. At least I know you're still here and that's great news!
Smilie, I got your message. I'm going to write back soon.
Take care all! Write soon and keep in touch! Luv ya all!
Athleet, I sent you a pm a couple of days ago.......and didn't get a response. Maybe mine didn't go through either. I wil try to resend it.

Sorry you're not feeling well. Maybe your body is run down (like mine) and you just needed some rest. Crazy how we only listen to our bodies when something is hurting. I've been having a few aches and pains lately myself. Trying to deal with them and have made a doc appointment about it.

Please let us know what the doc says after your appointment on Wednesday........you are still our little brother and we do care about you.

I explained in the pm to you that I've been busy getting my house ready to put on the market to sell and that has taken a lot of time. But still that is no excuse for me not staying connected with you guys.........I miss you guys so much!!!!

Also, glad to hear that your past sinful ways are not showing up again. You get a high FIVE  for that!!! LOL

Take care of yourself and stay in touch with us. You can always send us a pm if you want. We don't bite!!!! LOL

April,

I just responded to your pm that you sent me. Thanks for all the prayers and I sent you a long pm........so just reply when you can!!!!  Prayers to you also when you see the gastro doc.

Have a super day!!!!!!!

Smilie

Hey Athleet. I tried again for the 4th time to send you a private message and it didn't go through, just like the others. Can you please check on that? You may have to contact Medhelp or something. I don't know what's going on. Please check back with us once in awhile so we know how you're doing.
I'm glad to hear you're working on your temptations. Good for you! How's your walk with the Lord? Are you spending time in prayer and reading the Word? It helps sometimes if you can find a devotional book to work on every day. You can do it in about 15 minutes a day usually.
I'm sorry you're having tummy troubles. Let us know what the doctor says. Keep in touch! It was good to hear from you again. Take care & God bless.
Thanks for the nice welcome. It makes me feel good to know that you care and I like being called your little bro since i've never been anyone's little brother before.

yes, i guess something must be wrong with my messages because the last pm i've very got from you guys goes back to Feb. So I figured you weren't sending me any. Did they start charging for it? If they did, I didn't get the notice and maybe I dont have an account.

I'll let you know what the tummy doc says. I'm actually looking forward to it. Believe it or not even with all my tests, procedures and the GB removal, I never actually saw a gastro doc. So I'm curious as to what he will tell me is normal and what is not.

I listen to my bible on cd everyday and pray as well. I just don't have the temptation anymore and it helps that I haven't been harrassed or had anything put before me to be temptated to. But like I said, it feels so much better to be good.

Ok I'm going to sign off here and check on my message problem.

Bye sisters!!!
Athleet, hey what did the gastro say about the stomach? I'm curious to know what he says; hope that you're okay. It's good to have a gastro doc, but I think sometimes that we bring on our illnesses ourselves.

I'm having some stomach discomfort and am going to get a HPylori test next week. I actually went a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get one because you have to be off of antiacids for two weeks. I've been taking Prilosec for a couple of months now, along with a Tums here and there.......so I had to not take them for two weeks before I have the test. Please pray that it's gone. I've had it for awhile and hear unfavorable things about the bacteria. So please pray for me..........as I do for you.

Yes, you "our" little bro. How can we not be concerned about you........look at all the illneses that we've been through...along with everyting else. We haven't gone anywhere and won't.........but please let us know whether you get our pm's or not. Sometimes it's nice to send them away from the board.  Yes, you can be a little more candid when sending a pm.....it's a good thing.

Hey, BTW......are you by any chance reading the book, "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle? If you don't have it or haven't heard about it (I'm sure you .....maybe in the office or out in the field)Anyway, Oprah has a worldwide class on her website every Monday night discussing the book...chapter by chapter........I just listened to Chapter 7 online and I'm learning more about myself. Might want to check it out......stay in touch.

I don't think that MedHElp charges for pm's. April and I send them to each other and rarely had a problem.

Take Care,

April,

Did you get my pm that I sent you? I did respond to yours that you sent the other day.
How is the weather there? We've bee having such nice weather here, OMG......been around 70.....no complaints here.  Please check for the pm that I sent you,

Take care,

Eb,

How in the world are you doing???? I know I haven't spoken to you in a long time...please catch me up on the what's been going on over in your neck of the woods( that's Texas slang)

I want to know what the doc has told you lately...........are you feeling okay?

Hope to hear from you soon,

smilie114
You're right about bringing on the illness ourselves.

Saw the gastro yesterday. He thinks most of my problems are anxiety related. IBS. Possibly the result of the past 3 years dealing with my wife's job change and my past job insecurity as well as the guilt and fear that I told you guys about but didnt tell him, then vertigo, then the sinus infection. He thinks it built up to cause digestive problems.

Here's the kicker: he said I didn't need my gallbladder out. That's what I get for not getting a 2nd opinion I guess. The tests prior to the surgery showed my GB operating at 50%, but the gastro said that's still considered normal since it's above 35%. Too late now!

Anyway, he prescribed a pill to take at night, no I don't remember the name, that is a sleep aid that's suppose to give me a better night's sleep and help me wake up feeling better. He feels between that and more exercise I should notice a difference in about a month. Its a sleeping pill/antidepressant in one!

I forgot to ask him if there is anything I can take when I DO have a tummy ache, but my wife got me antacids and they seem to work.

Good luck with the HP, I'll pray for you.

Athleet
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Athleet - sometimes after you've had your GB removed alcohol can give you the runs - did you have a few the night before?!  You may just have eaten something that didn't agree with you. You've had such a lot going on that your stomach/bowel is reacting to it all. Hopefully your sleeping aid will help you to get some rest and that the anti-depressant in it will help with your other issues. I do think of you often and pray for you.

April, how did your allergy tests go? How is your daughter? I'm still praying for you.

Smilie, How did your tests go with the HPylori? Hope you get that sorted out soon and how are things with your family? My prayers always include you too.

I got another cortisone injection into my shoulder - GP says I have 'separated shoulder' in the AC joint (whatever that is - I only know it's very painful!) You should see the massive bruise I have where the needle went in!

Going on May 6th to see the Urologist - feel like I'm falling apart.

Never mind, going out today for Chinese buffet with a friend (that'll help my stomach/bowel no end (NOT!!!) and out tonight and tomorrow night with friends - life's too short! - Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well ! That and Carpe Diem (Seize the day) are the two mottos I try to live by.

Take care all of you - good to keep in touch. Lots of love and hugs to you all - and Hey Athleet, how does it feel to have all these big sisters  caring for you?! xxx

Wow, Athleet, that really sucks that you may not have had to get your gallbladder out. I've heard that before from people on here. So sorry. Oh well. What's done is done! Just try and heal up and get enough sleep and eat as healthy as you can. Glad you're ok overall though. We were beginning to think you'd fallen off the end of the earth!
How about you be my BIG brother since you're older that me? Lol.

Eb, sorry I thought I sent you a pm. I'm getting mixed up who I sent one to I guess. The skin allergy test didn't go so well because we're in pollen season right now and my skin was reacting to everything! So, they decided to do a blood test and it all came back negative for food allergies. She said that doesn't mean I don't have sensitivities to certain food, just not allergic. I am however allergic to things like grass, pollen, weeds and dogs and cats, I found out! Which is not good since I have two cats and a dog, lol. Oh well. Just gotta live with it, I guess.
How are you doing?

Smilie, have you sold that house yet? I hope you are doing well too.

Stay in touch everybody! God bless!
April
  Been feeling better since I got the little pill. I wake up drowsy. The doc said to make sure I get 6 hours sleep in order to avoid the sleep "hangover" as he called it, but even when I get more than that I still wake up drowsy. However, I've had much less tummy aches. He also told me to avoid what hurts my stomach, so as good as it is for me, I'm laying off raw veggies and fruit for now.

Eb, I've had a cortisone shot in my shoulder. I know it's not fun, and it doesn't always work, so make sure you keep your doc updated.

Yes, it feels very good to know that you all care, and yes April, I guess I have to be your big bro based on age, but I don't know, he feel like you've done a much better job of dishing out very useful advice to me.

Take care all.

Athleet
Boy, I had to go all the way to page 7 to find us, and to make matters worse, my post from a week ago is the last one! I see some of you are posting on other boards. That's ok, I assume that means that everyone is feeling fine and now reaching out to help others. Hey, at least we're close to the 300 mark. Who's going to be number 300!
Ok, guys! I couldn't even find this post anymore. It took a lot of work!
I just wanted to check up on all my dear friends. How are you all doing???
I really don't want to see us lose touch after all we've been through together. Let's try and make an effort to still check back with each other periodically, ok?

Athleet, I hope you're all healed up from your gb surgery. I don't think I'm number 300, lol, but we're close! How's the weather there?

Eb, I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. You're still in my prayers. Please try and keep in touch so that we can know how to pray for you, my friend.

Smilie, I did get your note. I was just a little stressed at that time so I didn't write back right away. I do have your email somewhere in one of my pm's. I'll have to find it and transfer it to my address book. Did you sell your house yet? And how are you feeling?

I hope everyone's well. I'm so glad I've found you all. I have another friend on this site who is very discouraged right now because she feels like there aren't very many Christians on this site and I told her that isn't so! I told her that I have some friends on the Gastro Forum who have become very dear to me. Let's please all keep in touch, ok? I do think God brought us all together. I really do. Let's not get too busy in our lives that we let it go. I'd like to stay in touch with all of you.
Take care, my friends, and God bless each and every one of you!
April
  So where are my sisters? I know its been a long time and we helped each other through our sicknesses, but I guess we all moved on, healed or not. Anyway, just thought to shout out to you in case you still log on. And Smilie, I sure hope you're ok and survived Hurricane Ike. April how is you and your daughter doing? And Eb what's new in your land far far away?
  Athleet is ok. Still get an occassional stomach ache and have to put up with the runs every once in a while, but I guess that's my lot in life.
  Well, I'll close and check back sometime to see if any of you bit.
Hey, guys! I hope that you had a great Christmas. I'm really missing you....we went though so much together and I feel like I've abandoned you and I'm sorry for that.

I truly want to find out what's been going on with you two........

And yes, Athleet, I did survive Hurricane Ike! I will tell you that I will never, ever stay during a hurricane again. It was so scary. And we didn't have power for 17 days. What a nightmare. It was so hot and humid here....still dealing with the insurance adjustors after all this time, too.

Will you please let me hear from you, so i can know what you've been up to ...and how are you two doing healthwise?

Hope to hear from you soon!
Oh Athleet! I never even knew you posted something on here! I'm so sorry I didn't see it! I thought you had moved on long ago!
I will send you a pm and catch up.
Smilie, I got your pm. It surprised me. I had about given up on all of you guys. I was sure you all had moved on and forgot about all of us here.
I really missed you all; ebjb, Athleet, Smilie, all of you! Where in the world have you all been??? How are you guys? Please, let's try and keep in touch, ok? We went through so much together and I thought it was so sad that we all lost touch. I really hope I hear from you all again soon.
God bless you, my friends,
April
Dear Athleet (and others),
Athleet, OMG, OH MY GOSH, is it really you?????????  I just answered a private message from April, and decided to see if she also posted here, and lo and behold, she found this old thread with all of us on it, and posted here.  And when I saw you, Athleet, had posted here in September, I about died.  Hon, you do not realize how absolutely terrified I was of your absence, I started new posts every couple months, addressing you by saying, "Athleet, this is Earth, Come in, Please," and thou didst not respond.  My heart broke and I STILL think of you to this day.

Oh, don't tell me we've lost you again, since it was waaaaay back in September that you visited us girls!  Jump in ya'll, let's talk about Athleet, so this thread stays at the top.  I shall think God is living amongst us if he brings us Athleet back.  I thought surely he had passed away from a dreadful condition that we all, for the most part, tried to downplay.  Altho one of us, I cannot recall who, had discussed Lyme disease with him for a while, and I remember her and me had talked in another thread about missing Athleet and feeling just awful about it.  If I could remember her, I would PM her, so if any of you other do, let her know he's been here.  My mind is a wasteland these days.
Friends always, GG
.......
Hey, guys!!!!!!!! I'm back and have to apologize to you all for being absent so long. Lots to talk about.

But, Athleet has been on my mind and I sent him a pm ( a couple) and nothing yet. Where in the heck are you, Athleet?

And April, I've already sent you some PM's, and that's good.

EB, what have you been up to? How is life in your neck of the woods?

GG, how the heck are you? Would you also please answer me and accept my apologies as to my absence??????????

Guys, again, sorry for all the time that I haven't been on the site and interacted with you. there is really no excuse.

I hope to hear from each and every one of you soon.  To me, medical reasons was only a small part of what God had in store for us meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Smilie,
Yup, I'm still hanging out in the gastro department.  I think it was April whom I emailed back and forth with for a short while when the ghost of Athleet reappeared last fall.  When he vanished, it freaked me out.  I was a part-timer on our thread, but I remember everyone.  
GG
Hi!

Thx for posting a mesage. I got a brief message from Athleet; nothing too long. At least we know that he's alive. I wish him well and hope that he revisits this site.  

I have received a couple of messages from April and communicating with her through pm's.

I posted a concern of mine earlier on this site. I'm hoping that someone can help me with it. I originally posted it on the heart disease forum and got response from someone, but wanted some more info and thought my issue might be tied into something gastro.

Hey, sorry I haven't been on the site in awhile........after we went through Hurricane Ike here with insurance claims, etc........still no excuse!!!! Would love to hear what you've been up to and how your health is:)

Smilie
I feel bad that we all lost contact, too. I wish Athleet and Eb would come back from time to time at least. After all we've been through together, it seemed like we were really supporting each other and then drifted apart. It's too bad.
Smilie, have you heard from Eb? I've heard from her a few times over the months, not a lot.
I haven't heard from EB or GGreg. I'm praying that those guys will come back at some point and chime in to let us know what they have been up to. That would be nice.

You know EB, GGreg, (and Athleet) I'm sending subliminal messages to you so you can log on and let me know what you have been up to.

So...............here goes, ummmmmm, ummmmm, ummmm, (chanting) ummmmmm, ummmmm, ummmmm. Can you hear me?

Smilie
Okay, guys...........I was reading through some of the old thread. There was so much that I missed last year......no excuses, no excuses!!!!!

I'm sending a prayer to my brother and sisters that God sent as special angels when my health was good and not so good.

You know I will post something on this thread everyday until we are all a team again. Also because I know that gastro problems don't go away in just a few short months and this is great therapy for anything that ails us.

So, Athleet, yes we are over the 300 mark and gearing up again...........so get your butt back on here and stay in touch...and Eb, GGreg, (April, you have been the only one to be the most consistent)

:)\Smilie still Smilin!!
Determined to keep us on the first page...................or maybe the second!!!

April, need some help here to get these guys back on this thread!

Everybody, prayers are coming your way...........so be receptive:)
Have you tried sending Eb a private message? I know you have with Athleet. I haven't heard from Eb in awhile. I think she was having some health issues last I heard.
Viewing 201-315 comments: