Colonoscopy prep and reflux?
My question involves colonoscopy prep (with NuLytely) and possible reflux.  I have LPR, and the main thing it causes for me is difficulty breathing.  Mucus collects in my throat, and it feels as if I cannot get a full breath in.  This has been happening for over two years, has been pretty severe at times (it often happens in the middle of the night, as well as after exercise), and is only recently under control-- with bland diet and Zegerid.I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of whether the NuLytely preparation can cause reflux symptoms.  And, if so, maybe ways to handle it?  The doctor will be using propofol, and I am worried about going under any type of sedation if I am having trouble breathing.  Any help is much appreciated.  

(btw, just posted this question in the reflux community also.  hope that's okay, just wanted all the responses possible.)
If I remember correctly the prep solution can make you feel like you're gonna' hurl...
Hell all you have to do is look at the size of the jug and you're intimidated.
since it's best to drink quickly (I forget the actual time period the label suggests) but 3 gastroenterologists told me the quicker the better so the ammount going through you  (litteraly) can overwhelm any wall attatched feces ,you will most likely fill your stomach completely so ... Ya' ,you'll get a little re-gurge, bloating and it'll feel like you just drank an extra large milkshake followed by a quart of Pepsi...Also if you have any teen age girls who may clog up the bathroom ,threaten them that if they're in the bathroom when you need it , you'll go vacate on their pillow...lol
As for the LPR while under anesthesia the anesthesiologist will be responsible for suctioning off any mucus...as long as they are aware of this before you go under there should be no complications. Everyone thinks anesthesiologists just stick you with a needle, put a mask on your face , and they're done...far from the truth..They are the most responsible for monitoring your cardio/pulmonary funtion during surgery...He/ She'll keep you safe .... Good luck and use the Berry flavor...at least it was the only one I could tolerate ;)