Aa
A
A
Close
Colonoscopy
I had a colonoscopy yesterday and since then have had a low grade temperature and a heavy feeling in my lower right abdomen now its the day after and I am since experiencing swelling in the lower right abdomen. The pain is not constant but when it hits its sharp like someone is pinching me and I have an overall feeling of just not feeling well. Worse than when I went in. Any help would be appreciated I called my doctors and a nurse told me the doctor would call us back. We are going on hour 3 with no word.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. The pain/ discomfort is likely to occur due to inflammation secondary to mild trauma induced during colonoscopy and is likely to get better over the next few days. I would suggest keeping to semi-solid food for the next few days and taking plenty of fluids. Tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS may also be helpful for symptomatic relief. If the symptoms do not improve over the next few days or get severe or there is a definite swelling appreciated, I would suggest consulting your treating gastroenterologist at the earliest to consider possible secondary issues and for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank