Colonoscopy
I had a colonoscopy yesterday and since then have had a low grade temperature and a heavy feeling in my lower right abdomen now its the day after and I am since experiencing swelling in the lower right abdomen. The pain is not constant but when it hits its sharp like someone is pinching me and I have an overall feeling of just not feeling well. Worse than when I went in. Any help would be appreciated I called my doctors and a nurse told me the doctor would call us back. We are going on hour 3 with no word.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. The pain/ discomfort is likely to occur due to inflammation secondary to mild trauma induced during colonoscopy and is likely to get better over the next few days. I would suggest keeping to semi-solid food for the next few days and taking plenty of fluids. Tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS may also be helpful for symptomatic relief. If the symptoms do not improve over the next few days or get severe or there is a definite swelling appreciated, I would suggest consulting your treating gastroenterologist at the earliest to consider possible secondary issues and for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!