Gastroenterology Community
Constant Diarrhea

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Constant Diarrhea

I've had diarrhea for about three days now with minor stomach cramps. I'm going about 7 times a day at least. I can't think of anything that would cause it.

I've been making sure to stay hydrated, but can anybody tell me else i should do and what it might be? Thank you for your time.  
Avatar dr f tn
Rotavirus infection, bacterial infection, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are few of the common causes of diarrhea in adults. Ensure adequate intake of water and fluids. If the symptoms are persistent and severe you may need medical help. In that case a stool examination for presence of bacteria, ova and parasites may be needed. Treatment will depend on the test results. Antibiotics in case of bacterial infection may be needed. Do keep me posted.
Best of luck and kind regards!