Constant Heartburn, Occasional Stomach Gurgling, Semi-Frequent BM's
I'm posting here because I haven't really brought this up to my doctor yet.  I'm 24 y/o, and for quite a few years I have had constant heart burn. I always imagined it was acid reflux. It would start with the ingestion of some food / drink, and progressed to many other things, and now is to the point that if I have not taken one of my OTC heartburn pills (supposed to last 24 hrs, however I now sometimes have to take multiple / day), whether I have eaten anything or not I will get heart burn.

I also noted that sometimes I have very prominent stomach gurgling, and I also occasionally have frequent bowel movements regardless of what I have eaten. Things like Tums or Pepto Bismol do not seem to really help me.  What could this be and what can be used to control it?  Is Acid Reflux hereditary? My cousin had surgery for it, however I will never know if my mom / dad had similar symptoms.