Constant Nausea/Vomiting: Sudden Onset after eating
For the past year I have been getting consistently sicker and have been to a wide array of doctors. No one knows what is wrong!

I am constantly nauseous and have bouts of vomiting. It does not seem tied to any one type of food. There have been days where I have had a vitamin water and a poptart -- and will walk around for awhile and have had to vomit. The only way I feel better is if I lay down.. sitting and/or standing do not help at all. Anything that is tight on my stomach makes everything worse. I'm never sure what will trigger my nausea -- but I know that alcohol is the thing that is most likely to cause me to have an upset stomach. And I do not mean a number of drinks, sometimes I will have one drink with my friends and I'm done for.

I have had an ultrasound, test for the H Pylori Bacteria, a scan of my gallbladder (they injected me with something to see how my gallbladder would react -- I had a very strong adverse reaction to this test but my gallbladder came back normal), food allergy test, and I have also had a biopsy tissue sample of my stomach taken. Apparently there is nothing wrong.. and I feel like I am getting scammed by constantly getting tests done (and spending a lot of money) without any result.

I have been on Protonix, Carafate, and some other medications for a month or so at a time.. and it did not make a difference.

I'm also about 5'6" and 130 pounds -- so I am not overweight, but I am not exceptionally active as I am in my last year of graduate school.

I am on birth control, concerta (for ADD), wellbutrin (Anxiety) on a daily basis -- and I have exercise induced asthma. (Just trying to cover all the bases).

Usually after I eat I just want to lay down for about 30 minutes to an hour in order to not feel nauseous. Usually I can just put up with the nausea, but other times it is unbearable and I have to run to the bathroom. If I do any sort of exercise (I mean.. like even walking around a little bit) when I start feeling nauseous -- well that just makes everything a lot worse. The only thing that makes me feel better is to lay down with my head propped up a little bit.

Basically I am at my wits end. I am so sick of being sick -- I am never sure when it is going to hit and so I have to have a planned exit strategy to head home if need be. I would really like this to get taken care of so I can manage it better. My current diet consists of oatmeal, pb&j sandwiches, ham & cheese sandwiches. I basically eat the same thing every day so as not to upset my stomach, but that doesn't always work -- and sometimes I will get sick anyway.

I'm really in need of some answers. I'm supposed to study for the Bar exam this summer and take it in July -- and I don't want this stomach issue to interfere with my ability to study well this summer. Additionally I would just love to know what I can do to manage my symptoms to the best degree possible!
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Because all your other tests have been negative, I would recommend you talk to your gastroenterologist about getting a gastric emptying scan to check for gastroparesis which is slow emptying of the stomach which can cause the symptoms that you describe.  In the mean time you can try eating many small meals throughout the day, and eating a low-fiber low-fat diet to see if that helps.
Hey Jessy

My name is Jessy. Coincidence right? haha At first when I read this, I thought that my parents must have written something about me on the internet to figure out what is wrong with my stomach, but since I haven't been on those medications I figured that it couldn't be true. I have the EXACT same symptoms that you have...its actually freaky because my name is Jessy too haha. Anyways, my mom has gastroparisis and I think I might too. So I definitely recommend getting the gastric emptying scan. This is what they used to diagnose my mom with the disease. She has been on medications and a special diet which allows her to feel much better. Although, she still experiences problems. I am going to get a gastric emptying scan once my health insurance changes in a few months.
Also, I was wondering if you have found a diagnosis yet. Just comment back :)

Jessy