Gastroenterology Community
Constant anal tearing/bleeding

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Constant anal tearing/bleeding

Hello!

This is honestly quite embarrassing for me but I would like to get a good start with help.

For a large part of my life I've had a small problem with my digestive health--more towards using the restroom.

From I believe it started around 10, to now (24), I've had constant tearing of the anus after bathroom uses. It didnt happen as much when I was a kid throughout teens through early adulthood. But  now I've noticed it more then ever, especially this last year.

This last week has been pretty tough, I'm finding it hard to use the bathroom (#2) and when I do, I feel like i'm ripping the area open in order to proceed. There has been a lot of blood this past week and it is starting to scare me. The movement has been quite hard this last week as well. I am not sure where to turn, as I do not have health insurance at the moment (That is a progress as I am still able to be covered from my fathers health insurance once I get back into school)..

I've had a history of hemhorrroids and hard bowel movement. It seems like I would get them, and they heal and would go away, and then hard movement again which would tear the anus up again and I'm back to square one.

I'm not too sure if it's possible, but I'm wondering if the area has become smaller/ or tighter due to the constant tearing/healing? When I look at the movement, they don't appear to be very large, but it certainly feels this way.

Today has been the hardest so far (which caused me to seek help). I went to the rest room around 2:30 Pm, and it was hard to pass and I had a little ripping/blood. And then this evening I had to go again and I felt a larger rip with this time even more pain (it's becoming very difficult) with more blood.

I'm wondering what treatment I could purchase for the time being or if that is even an option. If it comes down to it I will seek medical attention.

Any thoughts?
your hard stools need to be addresed first,you can try physillium husk,this mixed with fruit juice will soften your stool,dont get hung up on laxitives,bad move! i had piles removed,but these are not always the reason for bleeding after bathroom,you could have a fisula,a small tear on your anus wall,apply a anal cream and give a week if bleeding stops were in buissness goodluck