Gastroenterology Community
Constant and Severe Stomach Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Constant and Severe Stomach Pain

Hey, everyone! First off I am new to this site. Thank you in advance for any information and advice!

I am a 21 year old mother of 2. I am in constant pain. I have a lot of problems with my stomach. I have been to doctor after doctor but none can seem to figure out what is exactly wrong with me.

It all started out with me just having constant stomch aches and pains. It got so bad to the point of me seeking medical help. I have had ultrasounds, blood work, and urine test done repeatedley, but none seem to find the answer.

My stomach always hurts. It's always dull working into sharp and intense pains. It hurts so intense I am doubled over and cannot move. Pain sometiems shoots up into my right shoulder blade. The pain is always in my right side and can very from the lower side of my stomach to the upper part. It hurts under my ribs and even down to my ovaries.

The doctors initally thought it was my gallbladder so they did every test possible....but they all checked out clear. They cannont seem to figure out why I am constantly in pain. It's killing me. I am so sick of this. It's getting to the point to where I can not enjoy the things I used to because I am in pain too much.

If I don't feel like I'm going to puke, then I am in so much pain I can't breathe or talk. The pain is sharp and stings and feels like someone is stabbing me with a knife.

I also go days even a week at a time with no bowel movements. (Which I have no idea if its related to my stomach probs.)

Does anyone have ANY idea what could be wrong with me? I am soo ready to find a cause and try to get it treated! If you have any advice or ideas PLEASE let me know!
Did your doc order a HIDA scan to evaluate your gallbladder?  If not, you can't entirely rule out a gb problem.  Another possibility is Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, which is something to ask your gastro doc about.

Have you ever had abdominal surgery?  Were your children born naturally or via c-section?  Scar tissue on your intestines from surgery can wreak havoc on your guts.  

Another thing to look at is a gynecological problem.  Endometrios that implants on bowels can cause similar symptoms.

Anyway, just a few things that came to mind after reading your post.  Hope it helps you look in another direction.  :-)