Aa
A
A
Close
Constant burping and flatulance
I had a urinary tract infection also...back in Oct I took Cipro.   I started slowly with flatulance and then burping also started.  I have been doing that since...intense.  It's very embarrassing.  I took out the lactose thinking that may be the problem.  I also started activia and probiotic Culturelle.  Nothing was helping ..I finally got a referral to a gastroentesterologist.  He gave me an antibiotic for the colon only (can't remember what)...6 days and no change then he started me on flagyl and 6 days later nothing better....so simethecone phyazyme ...no help.  Then he said take beano.  We are traveling in our motorhome and it's terrible.  I go to the bathroom to offgas.  I burp constantly.  I found a med at Walmart called gas advantage so with the Culturelle it's more probiotic's.  When I get home I plan on a Colon cleanse...would this help?  Then take all the probiotics?  This is very hard and embarrassing and affecting my quality of life.  I am an RN.  I'm hoping you can help.  I plan on asking the doctor for a stool test once I get home.  What else should I ask for?  Thanks for helping Patty

This discussion is related to Constant Gas/Flatulence for Months PLEASE help me.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I don't know if you have solved your problem yet. I suffered with embarrassing, almost 'constant' flatulence for a couple years, maybe more, before I recently found something that has helped tremendously.. or at least it seems to have brought it under control. It's nothing like it was. OK, so I thought for quite some time that the problem was related to unbalanced digestive flora. My wife is a Nutritionist and mentioned it several times and tried to get me to take probiotics but it was difficult to take the oral supplements regularly.  Now, I have discovered KEFIR. If you don't know, it's like liquid yogurt has tons of probiotics and shockingly has seemed to get my problem under control. I drink close to 8 oz in the morning and again in the evening. I can tell you that within just a few days it helped and it's been a month now, at least. I get the plain unsweetened and sometimes add a few drops of flavored Stevia to just take the edge off, like Vanilla Creme by Sweet Leaf. I've been getting Lifeway kefir . I think the company also makes the Helios brand. Good Luck!  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank
fntn