Constant burping and flatulance
I had a urinary tract infection also...back in Oct I took Cipro.   I started slowly with flatulance and then burping also started.  I have been doing that since...intense.  It's very embarrassing.  I took out the lactose thinking that may be the problem.  I also started activia and probiotic Culturelle.  Nothing was helping ..I finally got a referral to a gastroentesterologist.  He gave me an antibiotic for the colon only (can't remember what)...6 days and no change then he started me on flagyl and 6 days later nothing better....so simethecone phyazyme ...no help.  Then he said take beano.  We are traveling in our motorhome and it's terrible.  I go to the bathroom to offgas.  I burp constantly.  I found a med at Walmart called gas advantage so with the Culturelle it's more probiotic's.  When I get home I plan on a Colon cleanse...would this help?  Then take all the probiotics?  This is very hard and embarrassing and affecting my quality of life.  I am an RN.  I'm hoping you can help.  I plan on asking the doctor for a stool test once I get home.  What else should I ask for?  Thanks for helping Patty

This discussion is related to Constant Gas/Flatulence for Months PLEASE help me.
I don't know if you have solved your problem yet. I suffered with embarrassing, almost 'constant' flatulence for a couple years, maybe more, before I recently found something that has helped tremendously.. or at least it seems to have brought it under control. It's nothing like it was. OK, so I thought for quite some time that the problem was related to unbalanced digestive flora. My wife is a Nutritionist and mentioned it several times and tried to get me to take probiotics but it was difficult to take the oral supplements regularly.  Now, I have discovered KEFIR. If you don't know, it's like liquid yogurt has tons of probiotics and shockingly has seemed to get my problem under control. I drink close to 8 oz in the morning and again in the evening. I can tell you that within just a few days it helped and it's been a month now, at least. I get the plain unsweetened and sometimes add a few drops of flavored Stevia to just take the edge off, like Vanilla Creme by Sweet Leaf. I've been getting Lifeway kefir . I think the company also makes the Helios brand. Good Luck!