Gastroenterology Community
Constant pain for 6 months...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Constant pain for 6 months...

On March 12 and 13th, I began having pain and bloating in my abdomen. Today is Sept 28, and I'm still in pain, every moment of every day. I've been to the doctor and hospital, but since I'm without insurance, very few tests have been done and I can't get them to do anything more than an X-ray of my stomach and a blood test. I'm in debt at the hospital already after trying them a few times, and I don't have the money to pay out of pocket for a GI doctor. Does anyone know why I'd have a sudden onset of bloating and pressure, lots of acid, spasms in my intestines and stomach, and an inability to evacuate gas and pressure in my stomach? I only eat one meal a day, because if I have anything in my stomach, it's very painful. A few months ago, I started taking magnesium citrate each night before bed so that I can evacuate trapped acids and gasses before I go to school, and so I won't be in quite as much pain. I've tried acid reducers to no effect. I've also noticed (back in March, it was one of the first changes I noticed before onset of pain) that my urine fizzes, where it didn't before, and today it burns when I urinate. I'm 33 years old, and male. Any suggestions? I'm living in total despair.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers