Gastroenterology Community
Constant stomach bloating for the last year

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hey all.

For the last year, my stomach has constantly been bloating every day. In the morning, when i wake up, my stomach is flat. But as the day goes by, it bloats to a point where it is extremely huge. People have related the size to the stomach of a pregnant woman, mine being the size of a pregnant woman's stomach at 5 months.

When i drink a glass of water or eat even the smallest amount of food, my stomach enlarges to an extreme size. People have told me that this is just because i ate and it happens to everybody, but i highly doubt this. I doubt this because of the size of the bloating and the fact that just eating 10 peanuts will make it so large.

What can i do to fix this? it makes me really uncomfortable in the sense that i look really fat with it and i tend to be conscious of my appearance. I am also worried about my health and i don't want to be like this forever.

Why is my stomach bloating like this and what can i do? Is it different for people of different ages? i am 16 and a male

Thank you to everyone who answers.
Sorry for posting twice consecutively if it is not allowed. I would just like to add some more information. I eat healthily and i exercise healthily. I am at a normal weight.
I suspect food allergies.  Not all food reactions are rash and throat swelling.  You should see a doctor though and be checked for diabetes and food allergies at least.  
I would also see a gastroenterologist.  I had similar issues many years ago and mine was due to diverticula.  This is where pockets for in the large intestines.  No matter what I ate or when I ate I would have bloating within my stomach.  At times is would not be noticeable but at times it would look as if I was pregnant as well.  There are many other things that it could be as well but I would suggest a visit to a gastroenterologist.