Gastroenterology Community
Constant upset stomach and stomach aches

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hello. (:

I'm a female, 16 years old, overweight (but otherwise healthy), not very active (because of the problem I'll tell you about), and I've been having problems with my stomach for quite a while.
IBS tends to run in my family, I think I have it but it's not too severe.
Anyways.
It started a few years ago, really. My stomach would get very upset every time I ate, then I would have to run to the bathroom soon after (usually within 10 minutes after taking the first bite). It got so bad at one point that I couldn't eat anything but broth, and even then I couldn't handle much. I've been put on several different medicines for upset stomach and none have worked.
It stopped for the most part, and it hasn't bothered me much in the past few months (except for using the bathroom right after eating).
Recently, it's gotten MUCH worse.
About a week ago, I got cramps. Just usual cramps that I usually get before my period. But it got so bad that I couldn't even walk around, and by the time I went to bed, I was in tears it was so bad. I thought I was going to vomit every time I even moved slightly. So my mom took me to the emergency room just a few days ago.
They did a few blood tests (I can't remember which ones), took a urine sample, and did a pregnancy test (which was negative) and everything came out normal except for low potassium. They told me to come back the next morning for an ultra sound to check my gallbladder (and general stomach area as well). Everything turned out fine there, also.
It went away for a few days, but now it's back. Not as bad, but still. My stomach gets upset at random times throughout the day. It usually doesn't last long, maybe between 30-90 minutes. But it's enough to completely disrupt my normal life. I'm afraid to even go to school because it's so bad. I don't have diarrhea or unnatural looking stool (and I generally "go" no more than 2 times a day). It cramps up a lot, also. These aren't the cramps I get before my period, and it's so bad that I actually want to make myself throw up in hopes that it will help (not that I could, gross).
I don't eat like a health nut, but I do eat as healthily as possible. I am a vegetarian, and have been pretty much my entire life. I haven't taken a multivitamin in a while (because I'm out), but I do take anti-depressants (Trileptal and Abilify) along with general cold medicines/pain reducers when needed.
I have Pepto Bismol that would probably help short-term, but not only does the taste of that stuff make me want to vomit, I know I can't take it every day for the rest of my life.
I recently got over some kind of virus. It wasn't a stomach virus, but it's something going around where I live. With typical common cold symptoms but more severe (without vomiting, stomach aches, etc.).
And also, I'm not very stressed out. Maybe a little bit, but I've been way more stressed out before and it never got this bad.

I'm really just getting worried about it. I can't think of anything that would cause this to happen.
Can anyone help me ASAP before I tear my stomach out? :(