Gastroenterology Community
Constant urge to poop

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Constant urge to poop

Its been few years now, when I made a routine myself to poop before going to work, and then it became a habbit. So, until I had tea in morning I was not feeling to poop. then I pooped and my whole day use to go well. But from last few months, I have created a Phobia instead. Whenever I think of going out somewhere, or to travel to another city I start getting worried that "What if I start feeling to poop, and there is no toilet near", and different fears related to it. So,I almost avoided all out of city tours. Until recently, I came out of INdia with my wife for holidays, and I started my day usually in INdia, I pooped, everything was fine, but I started feeling it again while going in Bus and then in Airport, and then in Second airport..in the plane. I was in this feeling of uncomfort for so many hours. And now since that day (its been 2 weeks now), everyday I am having this feeling to poop. So, I poop 3-4 times in a day now, and I dont socialize much now.. I cant enjoy my holidays, I am scared to go out..even even when I went few times, I was getting this uncomfort in my anus area. I thought maybe its a disease, but I assume it more of psychological problem, because when I am out playing in snow, and involved in some interesting activity I almost forget about it. And as soon as I start thinking, I really start feeling this **** again. I am very upset now, as I am just 28 and like this I am spoiling my life...I really feel so sick about myself that I am such a grown up person, and what kind of pyschological problem I have created. I dont know hw to get rid of it. Please help me.
Hemmorhoids are not very serious but they do need to be taken care of (this is sometimes done by just relieving constipation).  You should talk to your doctor about how to resolve this.

According to wikipedia, "Hemorrhoids are vascular structures in the anal canal which help with stool control.  They become pathological or piles when swollen or inflamed."  So they are not the same.
Welcome to the gastroenterlogy community!  Don't feel bad that you are dealing with this.  This is actually pretty common and you shouldn't feel ashamed at all.  I would recommend you see your doctor and talk to them about this.  They can do a quick exam just to make sure everything is okay with your rectum and then they can either refer you to a gastroenterologist or a therapist.
Thanks , but I have not come across any such person who is having constant urge everyday so many times from so many days continuously. As I said it just started since the day I started my travel, and I really dont know how to control my psychology. My brain says me "its morning you should go to toilet"...then when i eat lunch, "my brain again send uncomfort signals to my rectum and start getting urge to poop" same as in dinner. And you know I have kinda torn my outer skin.. I dont know is it problem with my digestion or with my brain. huh. what do you say?
You haven't come across someone because most people don't talk about it.  I think it is a minor problem with your digestion that your brain is making more extreme.
Even I was thinking like this before..but you know I am an adult of 28 years age, and I dont think that I am not that healthy that I can let these thoughts ruin my so many days. Maybe its a bit of psychology but., I read that there is a medical term for this problem known as "Tenesmus"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectal_tenesmus

I think there is something wrong with my rectum after reading almost hundred blogs...and finally finding this term tenesmus.

or maybe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_incontinence

Have you come across anything like this? Any solutions if I cant seek a doctor for few days because I am currently in Russian speaking country and I speak only English.
Yes, these could be possibilities.  Is there anyway you could see a doctor?
yes, I went to doctor and they checked inside through scopic camera. To my shock and surprise , they found my vessels swollen up and they said its Hemorrhoid. Starting stage, not very serious though. But they told me not to strain myself..and said it has to be fixed as it wont go on its own by medicines.

He said either surgery, or Rubber band ligation. But i checked on internet that "Piles" is the second term for Hemmorrhoid.   What do you say now?
Hemmorhoids are not the same thing as piles.  Hemmorhoids can turn into piles though.
but its mentioned even on wikipedia and other blogs that piles and hemmorhoids are same.

Anyways, is it a serious thing? because mine dont cause any pain or bleeding...  what remedy should i take to resolve this without any hospitalition?

yes you are right. thanks.

now i m taking care of my food..and will take more fibre so that my stool is soft and i have no constipation.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers