Gastroenterology Community
Constipation Solutions Just Causing GAS
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Constipation Solutions Just Causing GAS

So I deal with constipation on and off all the time. I'll either not have a BM for a week or have smaller than normal ones and then one huge one. For about 3-5 days before having the huge BM I get such foul smelling gas (usually rotten eggs or some other rotting smell) its quite embarrassing. I'm on a probiotic (Ultra Flora), I've tried ading a fiber supplement, eating more veggies, upping my fiber intake, drinking more water, and eating prunes. Nothing is giving me a BM and the gas just gets worse and worse. Anyone have any ideas here? I'm at a loss. GI just tells me to drink more water and add fiber supplement which hasnt helped.
Hi, along with the lifestyle measures mentioned, you need to exercise well. This promotes bowel movement. And avoid smoking and alcohol. To tide over the initial phase before the bowels regularize, you can take OTC laxatives like Metamucil and once the bowels regularize, wean yourself of the laxatives. Regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...