Continuing Diarrhea
I'm a 22 yr old male.  Been traveling in India for a month or so.  After experiencing what was likely a stomach flu from some food, I took some cipro to help stop the slight fever, vomiting and 30+ very liquify movements that cam on over the course of 24 hours.  Started to feel better quickly, but the diarrhea didn't stop.

I visited a doctor when I got stationary.  He said what I did was good, but he also proscribed me a series of Metro, to ensure I don't have giardia, as well as a series of Normaxin and Econorm to help settle my motility out.  I've also been taking some probiotics as well.  I'm still not better, though I'm having roughly 3 movements a day now, that have the consistency of pudding or yogurt/curd.  And over the past two days it's come down to 1-2.  But that may be the Normaxin helping to plug me up a tad.

I wanted to know what the chances are that things won't settle out.  And if they don't, then how long should I wait to have some detailed tests done (stool sample, colonoscopy, etc I would imagine).  I really don't want to get stuck with a long term bowel problem due to the initial infection.

Also, should I plan to change my diet or do anything special to help my improvement.
Maybe a Tropical Sprue?
Best,
I had the same things happen in my travels over in Nepal. Life was hell. It took about 2 weeks to clear up for me.

If you're worried about parasitic infections a stool sample might seem like a helpful precaution and will hopefully out any bacterial stuff that is still thriving.