Gastroenterology Community
Could a never-before-mentioned redundant colon cause

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have had 5 colonoscopies over last 30 years. The last colonoscopy did not go well. First the liquid i was required to drink did not start working until the next morning - only 4 hours before the test. The doctor said to take a fleet and he would go ahead with the test. After, i was asked to do the usual expelling of air, but it was not only air that came out. And lastly i was informed that I had a redundant colon. Why didn't any other doctor mention the redundant colon or at least note it in my records.  Could the redundant colon be the cause of all the IBS cramps, pain, constipation, and the occasional loss of fleet liquid which seems to disappear into the colon and does not induce a bowel movement? OR could the fleet, constipation, and colonoscopies cause the IBS?