Gastroenterology Community
Could it be pinworms? If not, then what?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could it be pinworms? If not, then what?

For the past few days my butt has been itchy. Not unbearable or anything, but noticeable. I am soo worried that its pinworms. And then today my stomach kind of hurts and I got diarrhea. My butt is mostly itchy towards the top though, like toward the crack and not as much near the hole (although its there too). Theres also a rash that goes from the bottom to the top of my butt. Do you think this could be pinworms? I have have like a red streak on my genital area and it hurts when I touch it, but this could be completely unrelated. I dont have health insurance so i dont really want to go to a doctor until im sure. Ive looked with a flashlight and in my stool, but i havent seen anything. I know of an over-the-counter medicine called pin-x. Is this safe to take even if I'm not 100% sure that I have pinworms. Does it really work? If its not pinworms, what could it be? Does it sound like something that could go away on its own? Is the diarrhea and stomach pains just some random event (although i read that in rare cases pinworms can cause this)? Thank you so much in advance!