Cramps60
I have gerd and IBS..  I have flare ups when I am stressed, or eat the wrong food..  The past month or 2   I have had period like cramps... I am 60 yrs old so that hasn't been a issue for me in 20 years... but the cramps feel like that... in the lower stomach... Its not overwhelming but its there off and on thru the day... Not everyday but 3-4 times a week.  And of course my acid reflux sometimes kicks in and this makes for a bad time..  Is cramps like this a symptom of IBS,..  ?
Hi there!

Yes, patients with IBS may experience abdominal cramps which may be aggravated by stress; though if the symptoms are a recent development a detailed evaluation to look into other possible causes related to the GI/ GU tract may be suggested. I would recommend considering an initial evaluation by an internist and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, this can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!