Gastroenterology Community
Cymbalta Side Effects

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Cymbalta Side Effects

My doctor put me on Cymbalta and it has really helped my abdominal pain and I do feel much better.

The only problem is I'm having trouble urinating.

Should I stop taking it?

I contacted him and he said to take Saw Palmetto 300mg a day and he would check me at my next apppointment in 4 weeks.

My urinating was fine before I started taking it and he already knew that because I told him.

Any advice?
Jeff, cymbalta can cause dysuria - changes in urination. But it sounds like your doc may be attributing your urination problems to changes in your prostate.

If you're very uncomfortable, I'd suggest you call him back and try to discuss the issue further. But if he won't discuss the issue, ask him how you should safely come off of the medication, and also ask if you can try another medication in this class of drugs. Not all drugs in the same class produce the same symptoms.