Cyst ON gallbladder
I have just been diagnosed with a 5 cm cyst ON my gallbladder.  Is this something I should be concerned about?  The original tests were done because of intermittent episodes of vomiting and diarrhea that occur at the same time.  The doctor doesn't seem to be too concerned.  Could it be something serious?   Thank you for any help! Diana
A cyst on the gallbladder would be extremely bizarre. A cyst near the gallbladder would be more likely to be a choledochal cyst. Because these have a malignant potential an accurate diagnosis is important. An MRCP should be done to delineate the anatomy. If, on the other hand, the cyst is actually a simple cyst in the liver adjacent to the gallbladder it would be of little concern.
Is the doctor that isn't concerned a primary care doc or a physician with knowledge in abnormalities of the biliary system? Ignorance can be dangerous.