Cyst on spleen and abdominal spasms
I've been having abdominal spasms, and just got the results from my CT scan--I have a benign cyst on my spleen. The nurse said no treatment is necessary as long as it doesn't get any bigger (which is fine, I understand that's the normal course of action).

The part that bothers me.... Before we knew what was wrong, my doctor prescribed Norflex, a muscle relaxer commonly used to treat back pain. I didn't get the script filled because I wanted to know what was wrong first. Now that we know it's due to the cyst, not a muscle thing, it seems the muscle relaxers would be useless, right? Well, the doctor recommends continuing to take Norflex, but couldn't explain why. He rushed me off the phone. My pharmacist told me the relaxers most likely would not help because they're made to treat back problems and could cause other abdominal issues.

I want to get a second opinion from a specialist to see what the best course of action is for dealing with the pain--which specialists would deal with spleen issues? And, if you're a doctor or nurse--do you think I'm being unreasonable? Should I just take the muscle relaxers? If the best course of action is to just deal with the spasms and do nothing, I think I'd rather do that than take some addictive muscle relaxers that most likely will not help my situation at all. WDYT?
Just wanted to add--sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum...I wasn't sure where it should go.
I HAVE THE SAME THING, A CYST ON MY SPLEEN AND I GET HORRIBLE CRAMPS/SPASMS AS WELL...I'VE HAD CT AND ULTRASOUND DONE AND NOTHING ABNORMAL BESIDES THE SMALL CYST ON SPLEEN..PAIN IS STILL THERE BUT SEEMS TO GET BETTER WITH GAS X AND ACID REFLUX PILLS...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.