Gastroenterology Community
DIGESTIVE AND CHEST

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

DIGESTIVE AND CHEST

I am 52 year old female with history of hypertension, hysterectomy, breast reduction.  I am very deconditioned as I do not exercise, work in front of a computer for 6-12 hours on many days.  I get winded upon any type of exertion, not too severely at this time (of course I avoid exertions).

My symptoms include digestive issues such as extreme gas, stomach distension, chest pain,(usually after meal and upon lying down),  upper back pain (feels like lungs), alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea, and a sudden inability to eat okra, and peas without experiencing extreme stomach pain and diarrhea. The seeds of the okra are present in stool as if they have never been eaten.  I have just started experiencing this last symptom within the last 6 months.

I have PVC's and have been scheduled to take a stress test, and calcium scan for my heart.  EKG's have revealed nothing spectacular, but did confirm PVC's.

My question is can digestive problems be causing the chest pain; and if so what kind of digestive illnesses are associated with the symptoms I describe.  Most importantly, what would cause a sudden inability to digest okra, without severe discomfort?
sounds more like gullbladder (gallbladder) problems,,,though some of the pain can be brought on be sitting at a computer all day,,hunched over pinching on the rogans and stuff,i get that all the darn time,and ive had tons of tests,and they say im fine,but i still look for issues,,just like you are doing here!!!!
have them do a simple ultrasound on the gallbladder ,,and if by chance you already got yours out,its possible to still have those pains if sludge is in there,or a stone stuck in the duct leading to the pancreas.
Avatar n tn
Did you also have the sudden intolerance for foods you have been able to eat all of your life with no problems? (in my case, okra)  Does gallbladder problems cause this?
i have no differences in tolerance myself,but everyone is different.
usualy there is something in or the something  is what you eat that sets off the pain.
digestive problems other then gallbladder problems that can be aggrivated by certain foods can be colitis,,or crohns..maby read up on them and see if they are something that sounds fimilar to you.