DISCOMFORT AFTER ENDOSCOPY

It has been 3 weeks since I had an endoscopy which was positive for Helicobacter pylori. My doctor gave me antibiotics for this and I already took them all. What I don't get is why I have so much pain in my stomach. I feel nauseous all the time and the food doesn't taste the same or appeals to me anymore. I am also tired all the time. I am 55 years old and thankfully, the results of both colonoscopy and endoscopy came out just fine.

Why am I feeling like this?
So sorry to hear this is happening to you. I have extensive gastro history and hate to see anyone with gastro issues- especially new ones. I had a blood transfusion and the gastritis that resulted has been incurable and painful. I dont eat and have been adjusting to this new life for 3 and a half months now.  H pylori is a nasty thing to have and you could actually have the antibiotic resistant strain.  Ive tried a few homeopathic things that really helped me.
First, try a liquid diet for two to three days- that will be as easy on your tummy and intestines as possible.  Order something called 'colostrum' and something else called 'mastic gum' and if you have the money (its about $30) a special kind of oil called siberian pine nut oil.  Once this stuff comes in- do one of them at a time so you know if it help you.  The mastic gum was my helper!  The oil works fastest though. The colostrum took two weeks to help- check out the reviews online to decide.
These items have helped me to start eating solid food, although i only eat once or twice a day and its usually a sandwhich or non citric fruit.  The mastic gum was the biggest helper, and if you cant drink the teaspoon or so of oil prior to eating, then just cook with it or something.  
I have tried the medical way for over ten years and am still on quite a few meds.  I got desperate after losing 30 lbs without eating and the pain would keep me up for days. Work suffered, my kids suffered- i suffered. Its hard living in a world surrounded by food that you know will just cause evil pain.  

I hope some of this helps- i did ask my gastroenterologist about all the above products and he said they were all fine with my current meds- just check with your doc or pharmacist first before starting any of this just to be safe if you are on any weird meds already.  And when you can eat again- ask yourself if the food you eat will be worth the pain- stick to tea or water (no juice!) and remember, chicken soup has carrots in it! (I forgot that and paid for it).  The easiest food for me is mashed potatoes.  Let me know how it goes!

Good luck and best wishes

Kathryn