Gastroenterology Community
Daily Bloating
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Daily Bloating

I have been Dx with IBS. Occasionally, I have a day where I go a lot, and some days not so much. BUt, my worst symptom is my daily bloating. The bloat gets so bad, it interferes with everything. I have tried many remedies, and they usually last a few weeks , then it returns. I have tried Probiotics, Anti-Anxiety (3 yrs), Activia, Fiber (both). I am 47 yo healthy and active. I eat well. I cannot figure triggers. Sexual relationships are futile because who wants to when bloated, and that is almost every day. Been to the doc over and over. Cramping once in a while. I am so tired of this. Laxatives work some, but at what cost? I have research excessive gas, and taking simethicone helps some but I must take 2-3 Xtra Str to get some relief. Anyone have something that helps? I have noticed eating less helps, but I am a 164pd male, 5/8", 31w and workout/active so how much less could I eat? Should I just resign to taking laxatives daily? Doctors really only guess, and other than taking Paxil, nothing helps but long term Paxil is risky and the weight gain was awful! Anyone?