Gastroenterology Community
Defecating while sleeping - why?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Defecating while sleeping - why?

I went to bed around 2 AM Last night.  When I got up about 7 hours later, I found that I had gone to the bathroom in bed.  No urine - just diarrhea.  I found the need to use the bathroom when I got up and had full control of my bowels. What could be the problem?

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This can happen when you release air.  Nothing to worry about, and I doubt you will do it again.
Blank
I have had this problem ever since my appendix were taken out.  Sleeping at my boyfriend's house or having him sleep here takes much preparation.  I have to be sure to have towels, washcloths and extra night clothes  because I never know when I will wake up in a wet pile.  I have been watching what I eat, alcohol intake (None,) everything I can think of.  Last night I was home alone and woke up to not a little wet spot, but what looked to be a full diarrhea release.  I've been crying pretty much since.  PLEASE HELP ME!  My doc is a (pardon my bluntness) a jerk-off and I would like to go in with a few ideas if possible.  
I'm so embarrassed.  Please give me what help you can.  This happens at least twice a week.  
Any time you can give me would mean so much!
thank you
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
Have you been tested for Celiac?  I recommend joining the Celiac forum, too.  You can test negative for Celiac but still have Celiac, so don't let anyone get away with dismissing you with just testing with the blood test for antibodies.  It is insufficient.  I suspect you do have Celiac, because these are classic Celiac symptoms.  The sooner you get diagnosed and change your diet the better, because Celiac causes great damage to the digestive tract.  The longer you put it off, the more damage that can be done from unwittingly eating gluten.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...