Gastroenterology Community
Denied Life Insurance based on ALT, AST, GGT levels
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Denied Life Insurance based on ALT, AST, GGT levels

I am a 26 year old male and I was denied life insurance based on my ALT, AST, and GGT levels.  I used to drink alcohol heavily as a teen and took a lot of painkillers as well.  Often times I would drink and take painkillers at the same time.  I lived like that for about 5 years (from about 14 to 19 years old).  It has been 7 years since I have consumed any alcohol.  I have been prescribed painkillers like Loritab a few times for injuries over the past 7 years.  But I have not taken painkillers like Loritab for at least 5 months prior to getting this blood test.  On occasion I take Ibuprofen for muscle aches but I did not take any near the time of the blood tests.  I have had two blood tests done now and each of them show the similar results (ALT: 73, AST:  48, GGT:  66).  I tested negative for Hepatitus (hepatitis) BsAg and negative for Hepatitus (hepatitis) C.

Symptoms that I often experience:
Muscle soreness
Restless leg syndrome
bloating and gas
Potent bowel movements
abnormal stool consistency (much like peanut butter)
burning feeling during bowel movements
Acid Reflux and Heart burn

Are my ALT, AST, and GGT levels high enough to demonstrate liver disease?  If so what would the disease likely be considering my past drug and alcohol consumption and my current abstinence?