Gastroenterology Community
Diahrrea Cramping After Colonoscopy

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Diahrrea Cramping After Colonoscopy

5468495?1268596780
I was healthy and had a normal stool and was regular (like clockwork) before having a colonoscopy about a month ago.  (normal test done when you turn 50).  In the past several weeks, I have had bouts with diahrrea, cramping in the stomach area to the point I head for the toilet and it all blows out. Lots of bile and yellow in the stool.  

I contacted my busy doctor who put me on BRAT diet. Well that lasted for few days and still am having this blow out about every 2-3 days.  Normal stools in the morning are small amounts.  About every 2-3 days, I explode after eating lunch and its full of bile. When I wipe, it's dark yellow.

Still on bland diet; doctor gave me something for the diahrrea/cramping but neither is working.

My colonoscopy was normal; one small polyp that they were unable to biopsy because it disintegrated (so small).

Again, I had no problems before the colonoscopy and now cannot get rid of this problem. Can someone suggest or help me with this please.  thanks.
Tags: after colonoscopy, cramping, diahrrea
Well, it hasn't been a month, yet, for you and I'm sorry you are having so many problems.
I just finished my 1st at 50 colonoscopy yesterday. Lots of yellow bile and mucus coming out of me along with the gas. Messed the hospital bed farting with the yellow bile. How embarassing! One polyp in the rectum. A small amout of bleeding after my first diahrreal BM ~10 hours after procedure.
Next day, no blood (thank goodness) but watery and yellowish stool in the morning.
I started taking probiotics with my first meal yesterday and I hope it gets my bowels back in floral balance. I am taking a brand called Renew Life Ultimate Flora, but there are other brands on the market. Brewer's yeast and beer are good for the bowels, too. You can also eat yogurt with live cultures or Kefir. Make sure to eat some raw veggies and fruit as they have good enzymes to get your bowel back in balance. Give it a try.

F_NJJS
Well I'm FIXED!  After weeks of suffering of on/off again diahrrea, I finally got into my doctor.  We both think that when you clean yourself out, you clear out the good bacteria you need in your colon as well as all the other stuff.  She recommended I try eating Activia yogurt and IT WORKED!  I'm back to normal and loving life again! Hopefully this helps others out there that go through this for the first time.

I have also called my doctor who performed the colonoscopy and advised them to put this on their documentation for patients after receiving colonoscopies.
Have either of you smoke or smoked ciggarettes in your past? thanks
I smoked my last cigarette 69 days ago had my colonoscopy done yesterday and I'm farting and my stool not gone back to same.  I also suffer from IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) Was hoping this was not that acting up.