Diarrhea after colonoscopy
Has anyone experienced constant diarrhea after a colonoscopy? I had a colonsoscopy peformed yesterday, with a prep of Dulcolax and Phospho-Soda. Continue to have diarrhea (still only drinking clear liquids) that I assume is still from the effects of the laxatives.  The doctor and nurses tell me not to worry, the diarrhea will pass, but they've been saying this for two days. Any advice?

Also, anyone out there have Crohn's disease affecting the small intestine?  If so, how was it diagnosed? My colonscopy was done for possible IBD. The pictures of the colon showed no inflammation, and a biospy of some areas are being done. If the biopsies come back negative, the GI wants to do the small pill camera test to rule out Crohn's in the small intestine. He says this is the only way to check the small bowel. Is he right?

Thanks for any responses.
Hi, I had diarrhea for about 48 hrs after my colonoscopy - but it did subside.  Not sure about the small pill camera, but the coloscopy & gastroscopy do not reach the small bowel, therefore his suggestion of the the small pill story.  I had a small bowel berium meal x-ray (15 x-rays over 3 hrs) - this was to rule out crohns in the small intestine.  I think this is similar to the procedure your doc is suggesting.  Hope this helps.
I had surgery 1/22/07 and i cramp, diarrhea, and i cant eat without getting sick. Please help!
I had a colonoscopy on August 8 and have had consistent diarreah for the past 10 days.  I will see the doctor this week.

Mother had Colonoscopy done 2 years ago and diarrhea still going on after eating something. What is wrong. Give her diarrhea medicine but still going on. Now she is in the United States What should I do for her. Goes 4 times a day.
My colonoscopy was Friday (prep Thurs.). Today is Monday. While I have diarrhea that resembles "baby food" every time I sit on the toilet or pass gas, I have not had a normal bowel movement since the procedure.  One polyp found and removed, but no bleeding (yet).  Friends who have had the procedure done say they were on a gradual add-back diet afterward, but my MD said go eat normally.  No severe pain, fever or chills, but this is still not right.  Any suggestions?
You have responded to an old, outdated thread from 2007. The people who originally posted these comments may very well have moved on. Rather than reply to an old thread, we recommend that people start a new topic to discuss the subject anew. To do that, please click on the green "Post a Question" button at the top of the page. This will get your post the attention it deserves. Thank you.
I had my colonoscopy done 3 years ago. I was in perfect health except for some mild constipation and mild bloating. My GP recommended colonoscopy and I went along. My life has changed since then. I continue to suffer from diarrheas, sometimes five to six times a day. Some food irritate me more ... wheat, certain fruits and lactose. I had intolerance to these but only resulted in mild discomfort. Now I am in hell every time I eat them  ... I purge ... almost like I am having IBS. My GP has recommended that I have another colonoscopy. I am NEVER going to do that ever again. I have always been healthy, fit and energetic. Never needed to visit the doctors. Now I am constantly visiting them. I wish I had never done the colonoscopy procedure.My whole gut culture and environment has changed.
I have been in pain with diarriah for two months after my procedure.  Like you always pretty healthy.  The colonoscopy ruined my insides.  I am now taking medicine for ulcerated colitis.  It's very stressful and I'm pissed.  Will NEVER get another colonoscopy.