Gastroenterology Community
Diarrhea and constipation episodes...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Diarrhea and constipation episodes...

Ok, so I had my gallbladder removed in June of 2009. Every since then I have had recurring episodes of urgent diarrhea followed by episodes of consitpation. I also experience abdominal bloating, gas,gurgling noises in my lower abdomen, nausea, and abdominal tenderness which is not really localized to just one area of the abdomin (abdomen) although at times I have one area that is more tender than the rest but it is never in the same area of the abdomin (abdomen). I also have a white or clear mucus in my stool at times but only when I am having bad diarrhea or constipation. My symptoms also seem to worsen near my period and worsen after I eat. I have atleast 3 bad episodes each month with intermittent symptoms in between. Sometimes after eating my stomach feels so bloated that I feel pregnant. I am NOT pregnant though. I am also having episodes of acid reflux espically at night. On occasions, I have episodes of nausea and diarrhea at night that wakes me up and the only thing that makes me feel better is if I drink pepto and sit up to sleep. Also, this may sound crazy but the bad diarrhea symtoms (symptoms) usually incluse rapid pulse, sweating, nausea, and feeling weak and seem to occur most often when I skip breakfast in the mornings and then eat lunch later that day. The diarrhea is yellowish in color and is an urgent feeling diarrhea but usually after I have the episode of terrible diarrhea, I begin to feel better, however my stomach usually takes a few days to fully feel normal again. I not have a fever and I have no blood in the stool. In November 2009, I had diarrhea for 10 days straight and the doctor did blood work and stool sample tests and every thing came back negative. She said is was probably just a bad virus but every since then, it seems my symptoms are worse. I have told my doctor about these episodes of diarrhea and consipation and she just tells me to eat more fiber and acts like it is no big deal. I just do not know what to do. I am 26 years old, I am over weight, and I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and tachycardia and High BP. I am on meds to control all of these conditions and they seem to be working. I do not smoke and never have. Can you please help???