Diet after Sigmoid Resection
I recently had sigmoid resection surgery and I'm home now.  I haven't had a bowel movement yet.  I don't know what types of foods I should be eating right now.  Does anyone have a diet plan that I can go by until I do have a bowel movement?

Thank you.
I just had one (laparascopically)on November 3 and they told me at the hospital that I really did not have a diet to follow as the sigmoid is the descending part of the colon only pulls in water from the other parts of the bowel.  I know this is two months later but wondered how you are doing.  I had two doctors involved because mine also invoiced a problapse to my urogynecologist who had done other surgies also assisted the colo-rectal surgeon.  She want me to stay on Miralax for at least 6 months till I heal as constipation was a big problem before surgery.   Thanks!