Gastroenterology Community
Dietary Fructose Intolerance
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dietary Fructose Intolerance

I am a 37 year old male just diagnosed with Dietary Fructose Intolerance and am discovering this is a very difficult disorder to manage. I have been High Fructose Corn Syrup FREE for several weeks. My morning stomach pains/gas have mostly been reduced as well as gas I experienced in the evening. One side affect still remains in that my only bowel movement for the day is in the morning just after waking up. There is some slight form to the stool but aside from urine and gas episodes I do not use the bathroom for the rest of the day. I have had this disorder for so long that I do not even know if this new routine is normal. When I do have to have a bowel movement I feel more preasure/pain in my stomach which comes on quickly. I still have at night some constipated gas only, which goes away after some time in the bathroom.
My question is, in what I have explained, is this associated to Fructose Intolerance? I have an appointment with my doctor later this month but I am looking to get fully informed on what I have so, I can tell him what I am experiencing.
What should be my normal digestion cycle so, I can know when I have reached my objective? Is there medication that can help this and/or combat the intolerance?
Fruit is a contributor to this problem as it has fructose in it. As well as fruit juice which fructose is added to it as a sweetener. Some fruit drinks I have seen advertise "NO High Fuctose Corn Syrup". Can I drink those juices or is there still fructose from the fruit itself?  
You can see I am desperate for some help.